PDA

View Full Version : Immigration to U.S. to Enlist

coke
07-20-09, 03:48 AM
Hello Marines,
I have a friend who is a 16-year-old Romanian citizen living in Romania who is thinking about enlisting in the Marine Corps in the next two years. Is it at all possible for the Corps to pay for his trip over here to enlist?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-20-09, 04:25 AM
No.

Nextly, he would need a right to work in the US visa before they would even talk to him.

And, the US gummint is not in the habit of paying for potential enlistees to travel here in the hopes they *might* enlist. We have enough of our own citizens enlisting.

Sergeant M
07-20-09, 06:07 AM
As the Sgt said, they're definitely not going to pay for him to come to the U.S. for him to re-enlist. He's going to have to legally come to the states and talk to a recruiter. Once he does this however, it will help him become a citizen much faster. He will be limited on the jobs that he can do, because he's not a U.S. Citizen, but he can still join and become a citizen.

thewookie
07-20-09, 02:41 PM
What are you on coke,,, I'm kidding. But why in the world would we pay a non-citizen to come here when we got plenty to choose from that are citizens. I know we fight all the worlds problems but we're not a world-wide force like that.

tripledog
07-21-09, 10:45 AM
Tell you friend to try the French Foreign Legion. He might get lucky and get transferred to the American Legion.

Petz
07-21-09, 11:20 AM
don't confuse the kid...I mean, we all know the kid is the "friend".....