PDA

View Full Version : I want to become a Marine

ZamorezG
07-19-09, 09:19 PM
:usmc:First off, I respect this seal of accomplishment, and the strength of the men and women who make it, so much. :usmc:

New here. How's it going? I got some questions. I want to become a Marine, but here are my skepticism's. To be honest, I want to join because I love what the Marines did to my brother-in-laws character. Made him a much stronger person, mentally and physically. Again, in all honesty, I am not considering joining the Marines to actually go out and fight. I love to learn and I want to mature, Marine tuff. I really cannot see myself being a solider at war but I can see myself behind a computer calling shots and making moves. Those are probably not the best words to explain my views but I DO completely understand how demanding being a Marine can be.

Basically, my questions are. Is choosing what career I want to follow threw in (as a Marine) up to me? How much control do I have over were Ill be stationed, after boot camp and such? Appreciate the help.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-09, 09:25 PM
Rule 1: Read the rules. No profile, no answers.

Rule 2: Read the stickies in the poolee section. Many of your questions (as well as the rules of the site) will be answered.

Rule 3: Re-read rule 1.

ZamorezG
07-19-09, 09:27 PM
Understood.

Sergeant M
07-19-09, 11:16 PM
Learn to spell. Grow some balls. Fill out your profile.

Marines are not soldiers, so you won't ever have to worry about being a soldier if you join the Marine Corps.

0231Marine
07-20-09, 06:21 AM
As a Pvt, PFC, LCpl, Cpl, Sgt...you don't call the shots and make the moves. You do what you're told by those higher ranking than you and you accept it. Unless you want to call the shots on who out of your fellow PFC's and yourself is going to take out the trash and field day until your hands bleed? Then you can make all the moves you want to.

I'm not completely sure you understand the gravity of te decision you're contemplating here. If you're not prepared to go into a warzone and pick up a rifle, then I would suggest you speak to one of the other services. Marines fight, that's what we do.

ameriken
07-20-09, 09:23 AM
I am not considering joining the Marines to actually go out and fight.

That's kinda like saying you want to be a cook but you dont actually want to make food.

Join the coast guard.

ameriken
07-20-09, 10:05 AM
That's kinda like saying you want to be a cook but you dont actually want to make food.

Join the coast guard.

Correction: unless you dont actually want to rescue anyone

NoRemorse
07-20-09, 10:06 AM
Correction: unless you dont actually want to rescue anyone

What if he doesn't wanna go out and swim?

ameriken
07-20-09, 10:20 AM
What if he doesn't wanna go out and swim?Then become an olympic swimmer. :nerd: