PDA

View Full Version : We told you so

yellowwing
07-25-03, 05:36 PM
What is with the media these days? If there isn't someting sexy to report, they dig up all these rediculous 'I told you so' reports.

'We told you the WTC was vulnerable', 'We told you the Iraqis would not welcome our troops with open arms', 'We told you WMDs wouldn't be found'. And on, and on. I am waiting for 'We told you Kennedy shouldn't have gone to Dallas'.

Networks used to objectively report on the news. Now it has become too much of a competitive business to truly fulfill this role. If there is nothing significant to report, they take something trivial and make it significant.

It is any wonder that the New York Times breathed this BS atmosphere so much that one of their own just made stuff up totally. It sold papers but it was total hogwash.

Who has the creditbility problem? The Commander in Chief or the Press?

firstsgtmike
07-25-03, 07:05 PM
Every December, astrologers, fortune tellers, seers, Jean Dixon, Madam Cleo, and an assortment of kooks and nuts make their predictions for the coming year.

Every few years, one of the thousands of predictions comes close to becoming true. The dingbat then has bragging rights as being the best in the business until some other dart thrower scores in the 4 ring.

When my son brags about how many correct answers he had on a test at school, I'm more concerned with how many he had wrong.

Nine correct out of ten is pretty good, on the other hand, nine out of a hundred .......................

Devildogg4ever
07-26-03, 05:39 AM
When dealing with the media, everyone forgets the #1 golden rule of the media! THEY ARE NEVER WRONG!!

If you don't believe me, ask them!!