PDA

View Full Version : Secret clearance with RE-3F

HECHOEN619
07-15-09, 12:50 AM
Hello. My question is this: If I get a waiver to re-enlist with an RE-3F, will the RE-3F prevent me from obtaining a job which requires a Secret Clearance? Or in other words, when trying to obtain my Secret Clearance, if I've already gotten back into the Military, will the re-3f prevent me from getting the required clearance? I would greatly appreciate any helpful info. Thanks in advance for your time.

Lisa 23
07-15-09, 07:49 AM
No profile, no answers. And read the rules in the Poolee forum and the Ask A Marine forum.

HECHOEN619
07-15-09, 02:23 PM
I filled out my information. And I don't believe I've broken any rules. I could not find another topic that was exactly the same.

Petz
07-15-09, 02:48 PM
in order to re enlist would you not have to upgrade your RE code? and 3F is for medical reasons or is it something else?

HECHOEN619
07-15-09, 03:33 PM
I have spoken to various recruiters and they have said it is possible to get a waiver to re-enlist. I filled out a DD293 form to have my re-entry code changed but as far as I know, the only branch that will not let me join without having it changed is the Air Force.

3F is listed as medical, and I have also seen it listed as erroneous enlistment, yet I'm not sure why. While I was at boot I was dealing with a brother dieing of AIDS and it became very difficult for me to stay focused on the training. shortly after 1st phase the Senior DI let me speak to different medical persons and I was given a Failure to Adapt. Although my leaving had nothing to do with the training, that's what I took in order to go home. My paperwork says Entry Level Speration, Uncharacterized. Maybe that bit of info will help more with the question. Thanks again.

And also, this was 2 years ago this month. July of 07.

Petz
07-15-09, 03:41 PM
well, I don't see why it would have any issue with a secret clearance. but if you can get in with a waiver or a change of entry code... why didn't you ask the recruiters this?

I can only tell you what I think, not many recruiters will step on another recruiters foot when they don't know if you asked them or not.

pick up the phone and get the solid copy on this.

if they don't know, ask them who would... it's a simple chain of events that happens when you want to get information. start somewhere then ask around.... so now you know you need to goto a recruiter.

Kegler300
07-15-09, 06:29 PM
An RE-3F for medical reasons is not an adjudicative issue that would prevent you from obtaining security clearance eligibility.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-16-09, 12:39 AM
BUT.....you may be prohibited from Re-enlisting into the Marine Corps. It may not keep you out of any other branch.

Either way, it'll need to be upgraded before you can do anything else. It's a waiting game at this point.

Petz
07-16-09, 12:49 AM
don't forget to mention that they aren't taking PSEPers until jan '10, so it REALLY is a waiting game. gives you time to get it fixed.