PDA

View Full Version : Electronic mail to PI Recruit

Nvmdfth
07-14-09, 01:14 PM
I've heard of sending letters to Recruits online, if anyone knows how this is accomplished I would appreciate the knowledge. Thank you and Semper Fi

srinaldo86
07-14-09, 01:28 PM
What the who???
I'm still considered rather fresh out of boot camp and have never heard any such a thing.
A recruiter would probably know all available methods/medias available to contact a recruit.

Nvmdfth
07-14-09, 01:30 PM
What the who???
I'm still considered rather fresh out of boot camp and have never heard any such a thing.
A recruiter would probably know all available methods/medias available to contact a recruit.
Yeah...my brother got a couple from people who used that method..I dunno oh well thanks anyways

Apache
07-14-09, 01:33 PM
Any contact most likely at the --convience of--
And I don't see a DI taking his heard to an area with computers--

Maybe I'mold,but can't see that happening

BR34
07-14-09, 01:33 PM
You can't email recruits.

Nvmdfth
07-14-09, 01:39 PM
Any contact most likely at the --convience of--
And I don't see a DI taking his heard to an area with computers--

Maybe I'mold,but can't see that happening
Definitely...well the importance is his grandfather just died and I have no money for anything....living out in town aint all its cracked up to be...

Nvmdfth
07-14-09, 01:40 PM
You can't email recruits.
It's not quite emailing what I've heard...it's kinda like motomail but they send to Recruits not deployed Marines.

Kegler300
07-14-09, 01:42 PM
Tell your son to ask his drill instructor for his e-mail address so you can communicate with him via the DI...

thewookie
07-14-09, 01:44 PM
Wait till some of the old Salts on this site get word of this -- email at boot camp,,, how convenient. Maybe the next thing you know they will issue each recruit their own Blackberry, yeah, exactly....;)

NoRemorse
07-14-09, 01:50 PM
Wouldn't the Red Cross handle that notification?

A-1 dirt
07-14-09, 01:55 PM
Next you'll be able to attend boot camp from your computer at home. DSL

Nvmdfth
07-14-09, 02:03 PM
Next you'll be able to attend boot camp from your computer at home. DSL Definitely would be a change but I think it is the Red Cross thing that I was thinking of. Now I could email his SDI but the recruit has already been notified of the deceased but I just wanted to give my condolences...and I'm at work right not at Lejeune...I found his email address on NMCI I'm just wondering how he'll take an unknown LCpl emailing him about of one his recruits.

Apache
07-14-09, 03:35 PM
Red Cross
This may be the quickest communication

Wyoming
07-14-09, 10:40 PM
Red Cross worked for me in 1966 and I would think it should work today.

marine95
07-15-09, 01:51 AM
WTF????? The last time I saw recruits do anything out of the ordinary, I was on an Army base going to an MOS school. A big HELL NO on the e-mail.And I'm sure the DI's are going wipe the recruits ASSes...

MD8724
07-15-09, 05:10 AM
It's probably a website that drafts the letter for you and sends them out for a small fee or possibly free due to funding. Of course it isn't email, don't be ridiculous.