PDA

View Full Version : My Nephew a new Marine July 10th "D" Plt 1061

RRpilot
07-13-09, 02:27 AM
Not sure what section is the proper place to post but just had to tell everyone my nephew just graduated last Friday the 10th from MCRD San Diego Delta Company Plt 1061. He did really well and said boot wasnt all that hard for him. He was a sqaud leader and got meritoriously promoted to PFC, so he is off to a great start. He was then called into the Company Co office on the morning o graduation to let him know he put him in for promotion to LCPL and said if all goes well and he does good at MCT then he shoul be a Lcpl by the time he gets to his A school. Very proud and so is his dad also a Marine SSgt.

Sergeant M
07-13-09, 03:00 AM
Congratulations!!!

jpg8402
07-14-09, 03:44 AM
I graduated with him as well, except I was 1065. Dirty Delta baby! :marine:

RRpilot
07-15-09, 02:43 AM
I graduated with him as well, except I was 1065. Dirty Delta baby! :marine:Well a congratulations is instore and welcome to the brother hood.

bonnjanry
07-16-09, 12:08 AM
Wow I graduated Delta Company 1061 as well about 9 months ago.

Jarhed87
07-17-09, 05:48 PM
CONGRATS...and welcome to the family!!! :flag:

Osotogary
07-17-09, 06:01 PM
Wiill I be the first "Dirty Civilian" to say congratulations to one and all? Seriously, well done to each and every one of you and thankyou, RRpilot, for starting this thread. You must be proud as all get out. I know I was when my son graduated from MCRD.
Gary

RRpilot
07-18-09, 12:42 AM
Wiill I be the first "Dirty Civilian" to say congratulations to one and all? Seriously, well done to each and every one of you and thankyou, RRpilot, for starting this thread. You must be proud as all get out. I know I was when my son graduated from MCRD.
Gary
Yes in deed I am very proud. Especially since it was 20 years since I graduated from MCRD SD. He diid very well said it was pretty easy for the most part. He was a squad leader and was mert. promoted to PFC and his Company Co put him up for another which he hope will come through by the time he completes MCT. He said the hardest part was getting in, in the first place tried 3 times. He had a shoulder injury from highschool football. His last enlistment package went all the way to HQMC and they wanted to see him doing workouts via youtube. So he made 2 videos with him benching I think it was 425 pounds. Needless to say they approved and let him join. He is the 7th Marine in our family. He so motivated my youngest nephew that he wants to join now to and he is 16.