PDA

View Full Version : Medical records

MrGoldCal
07-12-09, 11:18 PM
Hey everyone, well I was at the doctors the other day and she told me my records were sealed after my 18th birthday do yoou know if the Marine Corps opens up your childhood records?

Just something iv been wondering about, thanks

marine95
07-12-09, 11:27 PM
MrGoldCal, <br />
<br />
You have to be more specific that that. What records are sealed? And for what reasons? If it pertains to enlisting, then all has to be revealed. If not and they find out it will be...

Sergeant M
07-13-09, 03:03 AM
Don't hide anything unless you want to get discharged halfway through bootcamp.

SGT7477
07-13-09, 12:58 PM
The truth will get you far don't lie about a thing or the Marine Corps for you will be very short lived.

MrGoldCal
07-13-09, 07:40 PM
I dont plan on lying, my doctor basically swore to me my records dont go anywhere and I was wondering if this is true, I had childhood asthma thats it

Sgt Leprechaun
07-13-09, 07:47 PM
You sign a release for ALL your records when you go to MEPS (or before). Childhood asthma may or may NOT be a DQ depending on when, how, etc. Regardless, do NOT lie about it, as it'll eventually come out, and you'll be booted with no fanfare whatsoever, and prevented from EVER..EVER re-enlisting into the Marine Corps.

Petz
07-13-09, 07:49 PM
was it before you were 14 or after? ( I think it's 14 ) they'll want evidence of when you had it.

Many kids have "childhood" asthma due to the body growing faster than the lungs... doctors call is asthma for some reason... but then your lungs grow to normal size and you don't have it anymore.

so, crack those records open and divulge the info you have... your recruiter will advise you from there... They know best on how to get you in.

basically, you'll want a copy of your medical records so your recruiter can skim through it... they need to write waivers for stuff and having it on hand will allow them to do it quicker.