PDA

View Full Version : Reenlistment letter

Scout0311
07-12-09, 12:10 PM
I am reenlisting in the Marines with a RE-1A. I got out as a SSgt. and so I need to do a staff NCO waiver. The last thing I need for my package is a reenlistment letter. I am having a hard time writing this and am asking for some advice or some examples of what others have done. Thanks in advance.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:14 PM
what the fvck are you talking about?

your avatar is Sgt.... you have NO profile except that you joined in 1998...

fill out your profile and better explain what you are doing... and what a SNCO waiver is for re enlistment.

Scout0311
07-12-09, 12:22 PM
How is that for updating my profile? Now can I get some help with my request. I am not a recruiter and haven't ever been one but the prior service recruiter told me that because I got out as a SSgt. that I would need to do a waiver and part of that is a reenlistment letter.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:26 PM
are you trying to go reserves of active duty? we need details on what you are trying to do... does your reserve station have a billet opening for you? have you been out for more than 90 days (off contract)? are you in shape? can you be able to pass a PFT when they ask you to? Are you willing to retrain in another MOS and possibly stall your upward movement because you don't have MOS credibility (in the reserves if they don't have a billet for your MOS)?

we need details SSgt.

Scout0311
07-12-09, 12:33 PM
I'm trying to go reserves and they do have a billet opening for me. My MOS is 0369 and There are a few openings for that MOS in the reserve company that I am going to join. I have been off contract for a little more that 6 months. I am in great physical shape. I still workout every day and could pass a PFT easily, I have always had 1st class PFTs. I guess if they needed me to I could cross train into another MOS but I don't think that will happen. I would like to go MSgt. when I get that far. I have already got my physical and blood work done and that all checks outs fine. As stated before the last thing I need is this letter that I am having trouble with.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:38 PM
check. For your information, you rate a whole new seabag... I'd take it as you'll get dress blues coat and all new cammies (gets you some field cammies you can play with).

the final phys should make your life easier attaching to the unit.

Now, in reference to you OP... I'm not sure what you mean by a SNCO waiver... and a reenlistment letter.

if you are referring to why you want back in, it's nothing more than stating that you missed the Marine Corps and would like to "Stay Marine"

it doesn't need to be a thesis statement by any means, just a concise statement of purpose.

can you go into more detail about this letter?

Sergeant7s
07-21-09, 08:14 AM
SSgt,

I too am awaiting my waiver for reenlistment as a SNCO. The letter is very simple and should just be a few sentences as to why you want back in the Marines. I.E. sense of duty, brotherhood all that good stuff. Also make sure you talk to the I&I 1Sgt and CO and get a letter of endorsement for your package. Other than that its all just a waiting game. Stay on top of your recruiter and harass him daily to make sure your stuff doesnt get lumped into the "to be gaffed" pile. Good luck with getting back in and remember never to fall off contract again. Even if you are getting out, keep reenlisting in the IRR, so when you change your mind its much easier to get back in.

Petz
07-21-09, 10:44 AM
well, those letters are things you need to write. I'm shocked the recruiter didn't tell him it can be simple and concise....