PDA

View Full Version : Combat Fitness Test

MD8724
07-11-09, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if the CFT is scored now ? I was under the impression that it would be scored somewhat like the PFT starting in July, but I havn't heard anything about it.

Warbyrd13
07-11-09, 10:50 PM
That is actualy a good question. Here is another question are they going to have 2 seperate ranking systems for gender like the PFT or will there be only 1 type of score?

commdog7
07-12-09, 12:46 AM
I believe on Oct 1st, the CFT will be available for score.

HurricaneRJ
07-12-09, 03:28 AM
Yeah. Were going to run a CFT next month here in Iraq. (100+ degrees). Going to be a lot of fun. I hope they don't expect us to carry on about the day. The CFT is a real *****, it takes a couple of days to recover from that ****.

commdog7
07-12-09, 09:29 AM
The CFT is pretty tough. In a few weeks, my unit wants us to compete with other units in an Iron Man competition. Basically, all of us will be running 2 CFT's back to back (within minutes of each other) for time. I thought one CFT was bad, but two... I'll be surprised if any of us can walk for a week.

BR34
07-12-09, 11:20 AM
It's gonna be scored, and it will be different scales based on sex and age. You can check out the CFT calculator on MOL > tools. It's in the same area as the PFT calculator. Pretty much all females should get a first class or at least a very high second class.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:31 PM
yeah... it's pretty easy for the females... wonder if it's cause they aren't expected to do much of anything but shoot in a combat situation (if they're thrown into one that is)...

for the record, I think there are females that can own many male Marines in fitness... I'd rather have a fit female than a fat male...

GIrene
07-12-09, 01:07 PM
Yup will be scored. Its a butt kicker but if you are in shape you can pass easily. I took one the day after I hit the gym hard and still managed a high 2nd class (by the points scale on MOL) so if I was fresh, I should be able to nail a 1st easily.

commdog7
07-12-09, 01:24 PM
It's just as difficult for females as it is for males. Do you want me to go into the physical anatomy of females and explain why the female body is built inferior to a male body in terms of physical strength?

Different scoring system, but same level of difficulty.

srinaldo86
07-12-09, 01:28 PM
I wish I could replace my PFT score with my CFT... I make High first class PFTers look stupid in the CFT.

Definitely a strong point for me.

BR34
07-12-09, 02:35 PM
It's just as difficult for females as it is for males.

Different scoring system, but same level of difficulty.

4th battalion motivational poster.

commdog7
07-12-09, 03:08 PM
It is common for male Marines to think female Marines have it so much easier in the Corps. But if they did their research, they would know females actually have it harder.

I don't like playing these games of who has it tougher. I know the truth, but it's sad when I hear other Marines making uneducated comments because they are unwilling to consider the possibility.

Petz
07-12-09, 04:55 PM
mine isn't uneducated... to get a 100 for many of the females I know of seemed much easier for them than it was for the men to get the 100... the women just stopped with more than 30 seconds left 'cause they got their 100... that tells me they got it easier.

but I do understand your point Sgt... I would agree that many Male Marines who make these statements don't fully understand what they are talking about.

BR34
07-12-09, 05:41 PM
It is common for male Marines to think female Marines have it so much easier in the Corps. But if they did their research, they would know females actually have it harder.

I don't like playing these games of who has it tougher. I know the truth, but it's sad when I hear other Marines making uneducated comments because they are unwilling to consider the possibility.

You are WAYYY too sensitive!

commdog7
07-12-09, 05:53 PM
Its not that all female Marines are harder workers than male Marines- I've known plenty of female Marines who had a sh!tty work performance. But for those squared away female Marines, it is much more difficult to earn the same level of respect as a squared away male Marine. Females have to work harder in all areas of performance if they want equal respect.

Aside from having smaller (proportional) heart/lungs, females are also disadvantaged with the natural chemicals the body produces. Males produce testosterone, which develops muscle. Females produce estrogen, which develops fat. For these reason, it is harder for a female to improve her PFT score than it is for a male to improve his. That's why there aren't as many buff females out there, even for the ones who work out every day.

commdog7
07-12-09, 05:54 PM
You are WAYYY too sensitive!

I just get tired of hearing males cry about how easy we have it.

Petz
07-12-09, 05:59 PM
we don't WANT buff.. we want fit. <br />
<br />
a fat female is a female who doesn't PT or can't keep up with her peers. <br />
<br />
a fat male is a male who is fat and nasty... all around. <br />
<br />
females may have higher...

commdog7
07-12-09, 06:05 PM
I've know plenty of those substandard female Marines, and I refuse to stand up for them (they disgust me). But I will stand up for the hard-chargers out there, the ones who work their asses off to...

Petz
07-12-09, 06:31 PM
um... lots... this should goto PM if you're REALLY interested in knowing.

Warbyrd13
07-12-09, 06:57 PM
I agrea with SSgt. <br />
<br />
Now here is my 2 cents. <br />
<br />
This is a combat fitness test. It is designed for combat. Which means if you can't handle this little test then you are a liablity and not an...

commdog7
07-12-09, 07:15 PM
That's not exactly what I was arguing. I agree that females should work on physical fitness in order to keep up with the demands of combat. What I was arguing was how males think females have it so much easier; that we are not pushed to the same limits. The CFT has a different scoring system for females, but it is just as hard for a female to complete the course in the time allotted as it is for the males.

But if we all want to really push ourselves, why not cut the time in half for the CFT. Instead of making it 4 min to complete the MANUF, why not make it 2 min? For the PFT, we can make it so every Marine has to run 3 miles in under 18 minutes otherwise they fail. Good for combat? Yes. Fair? No.

Did I make my point or did I lose you somewhere?

Warbyrd13
07-12-09, 07:55 PM
That's not exactly what I was arguing. I agree that females should work on physical fitness in order to keep up with the demands of combat. What I was arguing was how males think females have it so much easier; that we are not pushed to the same limits. The CFT has a different scoring system for females, but it is just as hard for a female to complete the course in the time allotted as it is for the males.

But if we all want to really push ourselves, why not cut the time in half for the CFT. Instead of making it 4 min to complete the MANUF, why not make it 2 min? For the PFT, we can make it so every Marine has to run 3 miles in under 18 minutes otherwise they fail. Good for combat? Yes. Fair? No.

Did I make my point or did I lose you somewhere?

Its not that all female Marines are harder workers than male Marines- I've known plenty of female Marines who had a sh!tty work performance. But for those squared away female Marines, it is much more difficult to earn the same level of respect as a squared away male Marine. Females have to work harder in all areas of performance if they want equal respect.

Aside from having smaller (proportional) heart/lungs, females are also disadvantaged with the natural chemicals the body produces. Males produce testosterone, which develops muscle. Females produce estrogen, which develops fat. For these reason, it is harder for a female to improve her PFT score than it is for a male to improve his. That's why there aren't as many buff females out there, even for the ones who work out every day.

Nope you haven't lost me. You were trying to educate on what a female has to do to earn respect from her male counterparts. Then you wanted to explain why it takes more effort ie more gym time for a female to preform with a male at the same level. You talked about its harder to keep fat down. Proper diet and exercise takes care of that so don't give me that excuse. Everytime I have seen a female on BCP it was lack of PT time and or diet on thier part. I have seen women who have had children hit the gym after baby is born and got back into shape. PT and diet who knew, its not like they give classes on this subject or have a MCI on it.

I have seen females go and train at the gym and can actualy run a 280-290 male pft. Some of them can't quite get that 20 or they can quite get that 18 minute 3 mile. Others can run a male 300 pft but here is the deal ,they worked for it.

I know it hard to beleive they would actualy have to work for something like, kinda like males who run 300 PFTs. Go figure.

Your not lost yet are you? this next part is going to hurt some people's feelings.

Other females make the same statements you did about why physicaly you are weak and I should cut females some slack becuase they are girls. Same girls who claim to be femminist, state men are keeping women down, women should have equal rights, treatment and call the EO when they get put on BCP or they justify why a physical test should be lower for girls than boys. The short way to say it is, you can't have it both ways.

I hope I didn't loose you.

All I was stating is I beleive the CFT should be hard for a reason. I beleive gender or age should not be considered in the test. And the reason is simple, its a test for combat. It is designed to push you. have I ran it, nope it was after my time but I beleive its a good tool to measure preformance. It is hard and a challenge and Marines enjoy being challeneged. You know adapt and overcome.

IMO the PFT is designed to test a set of physical requirments. I knew people who could run 17 minute 3 miles but when you loaded them down they couldn't last 5 miles on a hump. Some people could run low 1st class PFts but could smoke anyone on the O course. Looks like the HQMC came up with something that would give a good physical test all around and for people to improve in thier weak areas. Nothing more and nothing less.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Petz
07-12-09, 11:55 PM
so you're saying the 40 YO MSgt should be doing the same CFT with the same score you are? that his 1st class should be your 1st class?

wait until you get older.

I do think though, the new proposed PFT scoring system has a flaw in it by adjusting the points earned from each pull-up, min ran, crunch all dependant on age... the level for 1st class should be lowered not the points earned.

1st class is intended for promotion purposes while the actual score is used to compare one Marine to another physically.

this CFT was implemented to allow YOU and EVERY Marine the opportunity to LEARN where your short-comings are and to improve them... how they do it or score dependant on gender doesn't matter.... Females are NOT expected to do certain things in combat... but in the CFT they do the SAME things which is important... there is no substitution for the fireman carry or ammo can lift... they just don't do as much as Males do...

in essence, Females will know where they fail at and what they need to do to improve... and yes, they can do it in combat so long as they can do it in the CFT.

that's my defense to your statement warbyrd (not that I don't agree with any of it).

Sergeant M
07-13-09, 01:22 AM
I just get tired of hearing males cry about how easy we have it.

Do you think females should be able to be infantry?

Warbyrd13
07-13-09, 01:24 AM
SSgt,

Actualy I will be 33 this year so the 40 yr old MSgt isn't that much older than me. Age can be a factor but mostly it is how well you take care of your body. Good diet and good PT goes along way. I have been killed in PT by men in thier 40's and laughing at us 20 yr old kids as they thrashed us on the PT field when i was alot younger. As 1 Sgtmajor told me "Age just means I know and have more ways to hurt you."

I have issues with the PFT and I pointed out in my experiance just becuase someone could run a 300 PFT didn't mean they would be a combat stud. People can train up for about4 to 6 weeks and score high on the PFT and not worry about.
Alot of the jack rabbits had a hard time on humps.
Alot of guys I saw running 22 to 24 minutes could walk for days carrying more crap than the jack rabbits.
Most people with lower PFT could smoke most other guys with 300 PFTs on the O course.
When I went to Mountain Warfare training in 99 at Bridgeport the 2 idiots they picked for Assualt Climber's failed the course becuase they just couldn't handle the physical requirment of the course. And the fact they were also weak minded. But those 2 idiots were 290 PFT combat studs or so they thought. the training was alot harder and this was the second time those 2 idiots b&^ched out of training and emberassed the unit.

The CFT is just designed to see what you can do physicaly. I read about the CFT right before I got out and it is not a cake walk. it is designed for the Marine to keep themselves in shape all the time. it is supposed to be hard. All i am saying it is designed to kick your tail and from there that Marine should know where he or she is weak at and fix it. Leadership by example. I expect people to pass this and then get better at it.

Every Marine is a basic rifleman. If females are not expected to do that much in combat then there is no point in deploying them in combat zones. I can only expect so much from a Female Marine? I expected the same out all my Marines i didn't care what gender they were. The only time anyone should even worry if a Marine is a male or female is where they need to sleep, shower and releive themselves. I was hated and respected becuase of this.

Here is my closing point. the PFT to me is flawed becuase you scored high on it didn't mean you were going to excell in other physical tests the Marines have.

The CFT is a good test to show you where you are at. to me its designed to be hard for a reason and after you take it you strive to do better next time. To me gender should not play a role in it. Age I could live with but gender no. This is about combat and what you need to be able to do. But I don't set the policy.

I always expected the same from my Female Marines as I did from my Male Marines. I was hated and respected for this. A Marines is a Marine to me, we all are cammie green and bleed red. We all are part of a huge messed up family. We may all not get along, not always agrea with everything someone does, sometimes fight amongest ourselves but in the end we always will have eachothers back.

Warbyrd13
07-13-09, 01:36 AM
Do you think females should be able to be infantry?

Plse don't open that can of worms. With my view alone it would cause too much hate and discontent.

commdog7
07-13-09, 12:30 PM
Every Marine is a basic rifleman. If females are not expected to do that much in combat then there is no point in deploying them in combat zones.

First off, let me state that I will not get into that discussion over whether or not females should be allowed in the infantry- that argument will last forever.

But I do disagree with gender and age playing a role in the scoring system for both the PFT and the CFT. I've taken the CFT, it is difficult. How many females do you think would pass the CFT if they had to do it with the same scoring system as the males? Young male Marines would have it easier than everyone else (females and older Marines), how is that fair?

You can't just demand Marines to improve their performance by 'x' amount. You expect females to run 3 minutes faster on their PFT in order to be equal to the male's time, but that's not exactly probable. That's like asking males to improve their run time by 3 minutes. Let me see a male Marine who runs an 18 minute PFT run a 15 minute PFT. That's the level of difficulty you are expecting of a female Marine (not counting the physical differences between the male/female body).

No matter how hard females work, many of them will not do well on the male CFT standards. What's going to happen? Are all of these Marines going to get kicked out of the Corps? Females make up about 10% of the Corps, are you going to kick out 9% of the Corps because althought they are much more fit than the average female, they cannot measure up to the exact same standards as the males. You will have a tough time trying to replace about 20,000 female Marines.

Those who do get to stay in will be lucky if they ever pick up NCO, let alone SNCO, with that type of scoring system. I read about a female MGySgt with five (5) kids, do you honestly think she would be able to complete the same CFT as the males? The CFT challenges young male Marines, it is hard for them to pass it. Do you really think this 40+/- yr old female Marine with five kids is going to be able to complete the CFT in the same amount of time as a 18 yr old male Marine? If she can't, will she be forced out of the Marine Corps, even if she's just a few years from retirement? She's a MGySgt, she has a lot of useful knowledge... knowledge which is very valuable to the Corps and the mission... what's going to happen?

Females are not expected the same in combat. We are not expected to go on combat patrols carrying a combat load. We are not expected to do room clearing and chase down insurgents. But are are expected to carry our own weight if we happen to get attacked. Back to the quote, are you telling me that I have accomplished absolutely nothing when I went to Iraq in 2006? I did my job and I did it well. I set up communication which helped save Marine's lives. I also when into Fallujah and spoke with female Iraqi's to help further the U.S. mission. Females are needed in a combat zone. If you take the females out, who is going to search the female Iraqi's? Either males will and risk insulting their culture and damaging the mission of the U.S., or we would just let them pass unchecked (in which terrorists will use them to smuggle in weapons/bombs).

Although you may have good intentions, in reality, your proposal would never work. The Corps would have some serious manpower issues, females would rarely move up in rank, and the overall mission would be jeopardized.

Petz
07-13-09, 01:59 PM
everything is based on a bell curve... you have your top 10% and your bottom 10% and you have the other 80% in the middle creating the curve. they take the scores the majority got, probably improve it to a level they feel is adequate and then they use those scores... I'm sure they decided age because the older Devil Dogs didn't fair so well since you're asking for a new muscle group to be used instead of the old endurance muscles from the PFT.

MD8724
07-15-09, 04:59 AM
WarByrd13, dude. Check it out. I had to take 3 CFTs in a row because each day they were the "battalion pt". I scored higher than 295 each time. It's those last few seconds on the sprint that get me. Anyways...Im 6" 1' 205 pounds. A 20 pound ammo can is nothing for me. A fellow Cpl in my shop (female) is probably under 5"2' and 100 pounds would be pushing it. 20 Pound ammo can is a little bit harder. The MANUF you are required to carry two of these. Of course it's going to be harder on her. Even if she were male, one of these guys that do 20 pullups and weigh around 130, guess what, it would still be harder. Females are smaller on average than males, hence different scores. Are they easy ? Not in my opinion. I saw plenty females who can outrun my ass anyday struggling on the CFT, came as the smaller males. Why the **** would they not get a different scoring system ? If it were the same they would be getting royaly ****ed over.

Now, your argument. Combat.
Okay, we get hit. I go down. 205 pounds. I don't ****ing care if it's female, male, asexual, or a tranny. If they weight 105 pounds, they are going to have a hard time dragging my ass (carry is out of the question) regardless, same as how I might stuggle a little with a 400 pound guy (understand that ? Double the body weight).

Anyways, my post wasn't thought out much, so sorry if I was all over the place. The point , however, is that you would have to be ****ed retarded to expect them to have the same standards as someone twice their size on a test that is based on just that, size.

FYI. 14 pullups, 22 minute run time on the PFT. I've taken ****s more strenuous than the CFT.

Pete0331
07-15-09, 05:19 AM
Man, you guys are a hardcore buzz kill.
I'm chilling out, doing pushups until I can't anymore while listening to death metal and watching Fox news.
As you may have guessed, my PT buzz is more than a little Marinecorpsatastic with a hint of bloodlusty patriotism.
I hate to see that fade... but I guess I'll jump in and offer my sagely advice.

Commdog7 you need to chill out with all the chest pounding, womens rights bullcrap.
It's no secret that many of the threads you contribute to turn in that direction.
Keep the thread on topic.
If you want me to prove you wrong open up an appropriate thread and I will.
:marine:

commdog7
07-15-09, 02:09 PM
To be honest, I tried staying away from this argument, but I couldn't help myself. When members started shifting this tread to challenge the performance of female Marines, what's an active duty female Marine to do? I offered my point of veiw and we compared ideas, there's nothing wrong with that.

But I really do try to aviod these types of discussions, hence me staying out of the 'should females serve in the infantry' question I was posed with. Why can't we all just get along?

PS If I really were a feminist, I would have stated how female Marines should have the same CFT standards as the males. :banana:

Petz
07-15-09, 02:13 PM
but, you won the mustache contest!!!.... doesn't that make you a feminist?!

commdog7
07-15-09, 02:21 PM
but, you won the mustache contest!!!.... doesn't that make you a feminist?!

I'm a competitor, just because I have boobs doesn't mean I don't have balls! :banana:

Petz
07-15-09, 02:36 PM
you've said that before... still don't like hearing it.... that's a horrible mental picture. Women should look like what's in the coronation thread.... not with balls hanging between their legs.... even paris hilton with her gonorrhea/herpes crotch (she's got one or the other) looks better than that mental image....

BR34
07-15-09, 03:35 PM
I'm a competitor, just because I have boobs doesn't mean I don't have balls! :banana:
What?

Supersquishy
07-15-09, 03:47 PM
I like Boobs.:thumbup:

BR34
07-15-09, 03:50 PM
I like Boobs.:thumbup:

Yea? How do you feel about boobs with the added bonus of balls?

Petz
07-15-09, 04:25 PM
gives you something to kick so you have time to get your clothes and run!! haha.

Sergeant M
07-15-09, 06:06 PM
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
The recently unveiled Combat Fitness Test marks the dawn of a new era, but
it's only the most recent step in the age-old journey to make the "Ultimate
Marine."
For more than two centuries, the Corps has sought the ever elusive
"Superman" - a Marine capable of withstanding any hardship, in any clime, in
any place - and have created a series of physical challenges that have
increased with time. In 1909, by executive order of President Theodore
Roosevelt, himself a "Roughrider," Marines first had to overcome a 50 mile
walk or 90 mile horseback ride in the course of three days. Soon, Marines
were asked to duck waddle for 50 yards, climb ropes and squat thrust.
Then came a single three-event test that has lasted for 35 years - until
now.
No longer are pull-ups, crunches and a 3-mile run enough to test a Marines
combat readiness. Now there will be combat ammo can races, weaving through
combat cones, throwing a combat medicine ball, combat crawling and combat
carrying of supine combat casualties. But these new tests, much like new
computers and cell phone technology, will soon be outdated with the changing
nature of global conflict.
To keep pace with emerging threats, the Marine Corps has developed a plan to
increase the challenges the individual Marine may face in the coming years.
For instance, by Fiscal Year 2010, Marines will have to perform a maximum
set of pull-ups, timed crunches, a three mile run, the entire CFT followed
by a timed bear crawl over broken glass. The glass itself will be soaked in
the urine of local homeless drifters with hepatitis, further providing the
Corps a chance to weed out the weak from the Ultimate Marine. The combined
test will effect promotion and duty station.
In FY12, Marines will have to complete all previous tests and then climb a
sheer cliff face somewhere in rural Utah while wearing their dress blue
Alphas. Once at the top, the Marine will perform sword manual movements
while undergoing a combat uniform inspection that includes less than gentle
kicks to the scrotum for each infraction. In addition, Marines will be asked
to sing all three verses of the Marine Corps Hymn in a pleasing falsetto
voice.
In FY14, in addition to all previous tests, Marines will be forced to fight
a lava monster in single combat on a life-sized chess board. After defeating
the lava beast, Marines will be asked to solve a Rubik's Cube while being
water boarded by Endo, known best for torturing Mel Gibson in the first
"Lethal Weapon." After successful completion of this test, Marines will
engage in a staring contest at the top of Mount Everest with Chuck Norris.
In FY16, Fear Factor's Joe Rogan will administer all previous tests that
will culminate in Marines being asked to eat a donkey dick, six spiders, a
snake, an orangutan and Mike Tyson's illegitimate children. After achieving
the final level of consciousness, evidence of which will be a "soul glow,"
Marines will be allowed to complete the final portion of the test -
defeating the "Shogun of Harlem" on turf of his choosing.
Because of the dedication of a few, proud Marines, the future of our Corps
and the quality of the Marines who serve within its ranks will be preserved
for generations to come.

Warbyrd13
07-16-09, 07:28 PM
I just caught up with this topic and I can't stop lauhing at the fact CommDog thinks she has ballz. That one ranks up there when my sister told a guy to suck her d^&*. I never laughed so hard in my life when I found out about it. My mom was mad and of course blamed me for teaching her those nasty habbits I got from the Marines. Yeah all those nasty habbits about sticking up for herself to those idiot teachers and the school board. But that is another topic and rant.

But when I have been told not to expect much from a Marine becuase that Marine is a she then it really annoys me. I have seen Women not girls go out and work past thier so called physical limation. It is called hard work. Males have to work at it also. There is a gym for a reason. Instead of drinking beer most of the time and if they have a weak area then go to the gym and get some.

Now do I expect the 105 lb Marine carry the 200 lb Marine? Not by themselves, most of the time combat carries are done with a team effort. Your going to find a way to get your buddy out of there. And if I rember correctly the combat carry portion is someone close to body weight.

Like I said before its not designed to be easy. If it was easy then the Air Force would call it PT.

Jarhed87
07-17-09, 05:33 PM
Nov 9 2008

The Marine Corps has developed a Combat Fitness Test (CFT), that all Marines must pass, in addition to the standard Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test (PFT) (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweight.htm). At this time, the CFT is pass/fail, but -- beginning in July 2009, the Marine Corps will establish points for these events, and they will count toward Marine Corps promotion points (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/marinepromotions/a/marineprom.htm), just as the PFT currently does.
The CFT consists of three events: an 880 yard run, ammo can lifts, and manuever under fire:

880 Yard Run. Marines will run for 880 yards while wearing boots and camouflage uniform (pants and t-shirt).

Ammo Can Lifts. Marines will lift a 30 pound ammo can from the ground, over their heads as many times as they can in two minutes.

Manuever Under Fire. Marines must move through a 300 yard course, and perform designated tasks, in the time limit authorized. The tasks include:

Moving in a quick scurry for 10 yards, then a high craw for another 15 yards.
Drag a casualty for 10 yards, while zigzagging through several cones. Then lift the casualty and carry him/her at a run for 65 yards.
Carry two 30-pound ammo cans for 75 yards, while zigzagging through a series of cones.
Toss a dummy grenade 22 1/2 yards and land it in a marked target circle.
Perform three push-ups, pick up the two 30-pound cans and sprint to the finish line.

For complete information about the new requirements, see ALMARS 032/08 (http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/CHANGESTOTHEMARINECORPSPHYSICALFITNESSPROGRAM.aspx ).
Right now, the CFT is pass/fail. In July 2009, the Marine Corps will establish a point system for each event. The current minimum requirements to pass the CFT are:

Combat Fitness Test Requirements
<table border="1"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"> Males</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Age</td> <td>880 Yard Run</td> <td>Ammo Can Lifts</td> <td>Maneuver Under Fire</td> </tr> <tr> <td>17-26</td> <td>3:48</td> <td>45</td> <td>3:29</td> </tr> <tr> <td>27-39</td> <td>4:00</td> <td>45</td> <td>3:55</td> </tr> <tr> <td>40-45</td> <td>4:19</td> <td>44</td> <td>3:57</td> </tr> <tr> <td>46+</td> <td>4:30</td> <td>43</td> <td>4:28</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> Females</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Age</td> <td>880 Yard Run</td> <td>Ammo Can Lifts</td> <td>Maneuver Under Fire</td> </tr> <tr> <td>17-26</td> <td>4:34</td> <td>20</td> <td>4:57</td> </tr> <tr> <td>27-39</td> <td>4:40</td> <td>21</td> <td>5:27</td> </tr> <tr> <td>40-45</td> <td>5:09</td> <td>17</td> <td>6:07</td> </tr> <tr> <td>46+</td> <td>5:20</td> <td>15</td> <td>6:30</td></tr></tbody></table>

BR34
07-17-09, 05:44 PM
That's outdated. There is a point system chart available now. And I don't care what nobody here says, there's no way that the 880 scale should be so different between male/female. That's ridiculous.

commdog7
07-17-09, 08:25 PM
I do think that the 880 yard boots & utes run and the ammo can lift should be more consistant with the male scoring system... those are too easy. But the MANUF is fine the way it is. As long as the Marine puts out on the other two events, that last one will be an ass-kicker.

Devildogg99
07-28-09, 08:59 PM
Marines just need to shutup when it comes to bad mouthing female Marines. I have seen plenty of female Marines put males to shame hands down period. Both male and female Marines have their ups and downs. However, last time I checked all of our uniforms said U.S. MARINES on the left breast pocket.