PDA

View Full Version : Creases in the Service Uniforms questions

BigWayne3000
07-11-09, 08:17 PM
I have a Service "C" uniform inspection coming up. I just took out my short sleeve shirt from my uniform bag since having not worn them in the last 2.5 yrs after checking into my unit. There are no creases, now I know I need creases for the sleeves but are there supposed to be creases in the front? If so it goes down the middle of the pocket the length of the shirt correct?

Warbyrd13
07-11-09, 08:51 PM
Easy way would be take to the over night cleaners and have them press it.

Even I personaly know this is a pain to do and keep up but you always have your dress uniforms ready for inspection. Pre planning saves you money and re-inspections.

But off the top of my head I can not qoute how a short sleeve shirt should look, how ever you should have a book with all your uniform regs in it.

MD8724
07-11-09, 09:06 PM
Yes you need creases in the front. Like Warbyrd said, take that **** to cleaners, or possibly puchase on of the shirts that has the creases , like, built in. 3 years and I have never had to even iron my shirt for an inspection.

Warbyrd13
07-11-09, 09:25 PM
Creatin (sp?) shirts are a very good investment than the "paper" shirts you get in bootcamp. Jsut take you whole deal in and have the over night cleaners press and get you ready. Might have to make sure you fit in the uniform properly also so have the seamstress take a quick peak also.

best advice is always have a small box with all ur dress uniform needs ready. Web belt, extra ribbons, ribbon bar set up for charlie shirt and 1 for alpha jacket. make sure all ur gear is properly marked and marked in the ame way and you should be fine for the inspection.

Alisium
07-11-09, 09:30 PM
Creatin (sp?) shirts are a very good investment than the "paper" shirts you get in bootcamp. Jsut take you whole deal in and have the over night cleaners press and get you ready. Might have to make sure you fit in the uniform properly also so have the seamstress take a quick peak also.

best advice is always have a small box with all ur dress uniform needs ready. Web belt, extra ribbons, ribbon bar set up for charlie shirt and 1 for alpha jacket. make sure all ur gear is properly marked and marked in the ame way and you should be fine for the inspection.

Bingo!

Advise of the year. It's a great idea to have everything you'd need for a junk on the bunk in a box and ready for inspection. Never touch any of it, except for inspection and right after put it all back.

And I'm talking everything, skivvy shirts, underwear, socks, belts, shoes, boots.... everything.

Supersquishy
07-12-09, 08:15 AM
Yup, having one of those cheap small fishing tackle boxes is a great storage.

Petz
07-12-09, 04:53 PM

****, the boots get creighton imitations... creases already sewn into them....

that's why if you are getting back in after being off contract (not in the IRR) to get a new seabag issue.

but my real question is... how can you ask a question like that? are there supposed to be creases in the front.... didn't you goto boot camp? didn't they make you iron the crap out of your uniform for days for grad practice and graduation...:thumbdown to you.

Warbyrd13
07-12-09, 06:14 PM
Actualy I was giving advice IMO what was a better shirt to use. Off the top of my head and since I have been out since 2008 I do not recall how to properly press the charlie short sleeve shirt.

I have forgoten my uniform regs since I have been out. If poster would look in the other topics in this section he would find the uniform tricks thread. it should have a post on how to properly put a good crease in your charlie shirts.

Easy fix for him would be over night cleaners and since he has not looked at his uniforms in 2.5 years he might want to have a seamstress look at it also to ensure he fits in uniform properly. And since its a few months away he might want to get his Alpha's ready since in a few months the MC Ball will be coming around and with that all thos nice uniform inspections. Saves time for re-inspections. And in all the units I have been in if you failed 1 uniform inspection the NCO's inspected all the uniforms of that person.

In a perfect world his uniforms would already be squared away like his wallocker since Marines are supposed to be ready for inspection at any time. Espicaly if a CGI came up and he would have to go through that whole deal. But that is off topic all he has to do is get ready for a simple uniform inspection. I was just giving some advice and some suggestions so the next time he has to get ready for inspection he would be preapred for it in advance.

ecom
07-13-09, 03:29 AM
When I was in 29 Palms, a few of the tailor shops in town had (I assume used) service and dress uniform items for sale. Blue and green trousers, khaki shirts, and service coats, but no blues coats. I'm guessing people brought those items in and never picked them up.

I think I picked up Creigton and/or Fly Cross shirts for something like $10 each and trousers for about the same.

Phantom Blooper
07-13-09, 06:13 AM
Just out of curiosity BigWayne.....with all your uniform questions on this site....have you ever asked your Sergeants or other Marines in your reserve unit where they go or what they do in civilian land when there are no military installations close by?

Hope you get it straightened out so you don't look like a bag of worms....:evilgrin:

Donut Brigade
07-14-09, 02:07 AM
When I was in 29 Palms, a few of the tailor shops in town had (I assume used) service and dress uniform items for sale. Blue and green trousers, khaki shirts, and service coats, but no blues coats. I'm guessing people brought those items in and never picked them up.

I think I picked up Creigton and/or Fly Cross shirts for something like $10 each and trousers for about the same.

Same here, replaced four of my shirts (2 charlie and 2 bravo) with Creightons for $6 a pop, took me a while to find ones that didn't have ruined sleeves from previously worn chevrons or stamped collars, but I found them.

Also got a brand new Alpha coat for $20 that fit me like a glove (my old one had a giant rip in the bag from air port services...), completely untouched, I just had to put on some chevrons and dry clean.

ecom
07-14-09, 08:37 PM
Same here, replaced four of my shirts (2 charlie and 2 bravo) with Creightons for $6 a pop, took me a while to find ones that didn't have ruined sleeves from previously worn chevrons or stamped collars, but I found them.

Also got a brand new Alpha coat for $20 that fit me like a glove (my old one had a giant rip in the bag from air port services...), completely untouched, I just had to put on some chevrons and dry clean.

It's fine to get a shirt with smaller chevron than what you're putting on. Just don't go down because they leave stains that don't come out even if you clean them. As far as the markings, you can just put that white iron on tape over it.

Pete0331
07-14-09, 09:27 PM
Flying Cross is another brand similar to Creighton.

GIrene
07-14-09, 09:32 PM
Hmm. I just did this this past weekend. A fellow Marine from my old unit (in another unit now) dropped by out of boredom and then asked if I could put the creases in his Charlie shirt... the cleaners creased his sleeves but forgot the "military creases" (DOH!)

I did it with my trusty iron I've had since A-school, a bath towel and my sink area (no ironing board). Laid them in nice, he passed his inspection :D