PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry

psijac
07-11-09, 01:16 PM
On one of the other forums I haunt an interesting discussion came up on concealed carry and College Campus. I don't have a CHL and Texas has banned private firearms. As a Marine seeking a higher education do you have a CHL? and do you carry to your school?

http://concealedcampus.org/

Wyoming
07-11-09, 02:31 PM
On one of the other forums I haunt an interesting discussion came up on concealed carry and College Campus. I don't have a CHL and Texas has banned private firearms. As a Marine seeking a higher education do you have a CHL? and do you carry to your school?

http://concealedcampus.org/

WHAT!! WTF!! When did Texas ban private firearms??

BTW, with a copy of your DD 214, that is acceptable in most States, vs, attending a Firearms Safety Course, to obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit.

psijac
07-11-09, 02:40 PM
WHAT!! WTF!! When did Texas ban private firearms??

BTW, with a copy of your DD 214, that is acceptable in most States, vs, attending a Firearms Safety Course, to obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit.

Sorry i meant to say you cannot carry a firearm on a Texas campus.

<address>PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapons listed in Section 46.05(a):</address><address>(1) on the physical permises of a school or education institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

</address>
Persons possessing a concealed handgun license are prohibited from carrying their firearm on the premises of an educational institution such as a college or university. The last clause in the below paragraph allows an institution to create their own policy to allow concealed carry within their premises that would nullify the state prohibition. An educational institution is defined under the Texas Education Code Section 61.03 subsection (3) as each individual college or university and not a governing board such as the Board of Regents.

Texas without guns? now that just silly

Wyoming
07-11-09, 02:50 PM
Yes, I have a permit.

GravityRain
07-11-09, 06:07 PM
you can not legally carry or possess a firearm on school property unless it is in the capacity of a certified peace officer. There are no exceptions. in texas, you must have a permit to carry a weapon on your person even if you are in the military, otherwise it has to be stowed in vehicle unloaded in a manner where the ammunition can not be within arms reach of the weapon.

SgtLisdog58
07-11-09, 07:44 PM
As someone with his CCL I use common sense to choose when and where to carry. Common sense says no to carrying in a school. Federal buildings are also a common sense no no.

ggyoung
07-12-09, 11:16 AM
Here in Utah this samething came up in our state law making time. It went before the state high court, It was ruled that a student can have fire arms on any state collage campus. BTW Utah is one of the easiest states to get a CCP. In Utah if you are legal to have a fire arm concealed in your care. No permute is needed. Utah's CCP is legal in most of the other states.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:33 PM
As someone with his CCL I use common sense to choose when and where to carry. Common sense says no to carrying in a school. Federal buildings are also a common sense no no.

and a law....

Wyoming
07-19-09, 01:43 PM
Ya'll need to watch this. The interviewer thinks she has a slam dunk, interviewing someone who is probably a gun nut!!

Sorry Babes! Rule #1 in an interview: when the person is smarter than you, keep the questions simple and easy.

Don't try to be smarter when you're not.

Semper Fidelis, Big Al...out

<!-- m -->http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... k.ak47.cnn (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/17/am.muller.truck.ak47.cnn)<!-- m -->

FistFu68
07-19-09, 02:53 PM
:evilgrin: Right on Big Al,A sword 4 tha Lord :thumbup: :iwo:

Petz
07-19-09, 03:02 PM
she really walked RIGHT into that one.... next time do a pre-interview...

psijac
07-19-09, 07:51 PM
did she really just ask if Jesus would carry a gun?

Wyoming
07-19-09, 09:13 PM
did she really just ask if Jesus would carry a gun?

No teleprompter, or written word.

Straight off the cuff.

Stupidity spewed forth from her mouth.

So much like ........

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-19-09, 09:41 PM
To the original question- yes I have a concealed carry permit. When and where I carry is none of anyone's business other than my own. I will say that I am a law abiding citizen and I have no intention of breaking the law. I'll also say that I could be sitting next to anyone on this forum and you'd have no clue if I was armed or not. Concealed means concealed.

If you're trying to decide what you should do, you have to make the decision for yourself. I'd suggest not violating the law. I'd suggest not getting caught even more strongly.

Fievel
07-19-09, 09:42 PM
I wish I could watch it. The hotel's Internet sucks. Oh well, gotta wait until I get home.

Sergeant M
07-19-09, 11:10 PM
I don't quite understand the question. If the law states that you're not allowed to carry a concealed weapon on campus, then why would you try? Are you asking people if they do it anyways, or if they got their campus to allow them to do so?