PDA

View Full Version : Trying to go through the MECEP

TheKingOfSpades
07-10-09, 06:33 PM
Hey Devil Dogs

When I joined, my main focus was doing the MECEP program that the Marine Corps offers and now I have come to a point where I want to go through with it. Only thing is, I am meeting a couple of different difficulties. I have read some of the MARADMINs and a couple of other things released by the Marine Corps, and I have talked to some people in my chain of command. The main thing that I heard was that most are turned down their first time. The problem is that I am 24 and I will be 25 on the fifth of january of next year. I am not sure if I could do that, because once your turn 26 (and I would be 26 when I finally got accepted if that were the case) you can't do the program. Plus I keep hearing about this biography that I need to write. Is this true, or just some random scuttlebutt that people have heard from people that heard... Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

-The King of Spades-

DIBLO7
07-10-09, 11:00 PM
I dont know about most being turned down the first time. All the MECEP's I know were accepted the first time. I also know several MECEP's that are well over 26. In fact one of my buddies I just went to OCS with is 30. Yes, there is a biography you need to write, all the guidance for it is in the MCO/MARADMIN's.

DIBLO7
07-10-09, 11:02 PM
Oh, and fill out your profile.

07-11-09, 02:12 PM
I believe is has to do with what age you will be when you complete school, not what age you are to apply. So if you have 1 or 2 or more years of school done already, then that would help.

DIBL07 is also correct, the MARADMIN's state all.

Supersquishy
07-11-09, 02:58 PM
I keep hearing about this biography that I need to write. Is this true, or just some random scuttlebutt that people have heard from people that heard... Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

-

Include into your Biography a sob story on why you could not get into college on your own. Thats what they told me to do to increase your chances. Too bad I did not follow through. GOOD LUCK!

TheKingOfSpades
07-12-09, 05:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I am still looking into a lot of the infomation and I will continue to wade through everything that I can. I just wish that the internet would allow me to view the MARADMIN's forms, but I will have to wait till I get back to Norfolk. Thanks for all the advice. =)

-The King of Spades-

DIBLO7
07-12-09, 05:32 PM
It will. Just to go usmc.mil click on news, then messages, then maradmins.

Petz
07-12-09, 06:38 PM
I thought you needed to be a Cpl to apply for this.....
check the MCOs and MarAdmins to be sure.

then start going on Cpl boards.

07-12-09, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I am still looking into a lot of the infomation and I will continue to wade through everything that I can. I just wish that the internet would allow me to view the MARADMIN's forms, but I will have to wait till I get back to Norfolk. Thanks for all the advice. =)

-The King of Spades-

Good old Camp Allen, don't you just love the Navy? Again, DIBLO7 is correct... usmc.mil has all MARADMINS.

DIBLO7
07-13-09, 02:17 AM
I thought you needed to be a Cpl to apply for this.....
check the MCOs and MarAdmins to be sure.

then start going on Cpl boards.

The MARADMIN's supersede the MCO, which has the Cpl requirement. Each MARADMIN that has come out, at least for the last few years, has taken away the rank requirement. Last year I think there was one Lance to make it.

Petz
07-13-09, 10:53 AM
check. you got the new MarAdmin?

flyby
07-13-09, 06:52 PM
I dont know about most being turned down the first time. All the MECEP's I know were accepted the first time. I also know several MECEP's that are well over 26. In fact one of my buddies I just went to OCS with is 30. Yes, there is a biography you need to write, all the guidance for it is in the MCO/MARADMIN's.

Just curious. I have my degree was looking at the OCC-R program. I am over 30 but my max constructive age for OCC is under 28. Did you ever come accoss anyone over 30 and getting accepted? I am thinking this might be an eaiser route (Admin wise) then going through a PSR.

DIBLO7
07-14-09, 12:14 AM
check. you got the new MarAdmin?

For this year, MARADMIN 248/09 The no rank requirement is in paragraph 7.B.

DIBLO7
07-14-09, 12:17 AM
Flyby, I don't know about the OCC programs, but there was a GySgt in my OCS platoon this summer that was well over 30, and since we (MECEP's) go to OCS our first summer, its a safe bet he was accepted after he was 30.

TheKingOfSpades
07-14-09, 03:54 PM
DIBLO7... Are you going through the MECEP program right now??? And if you are, what year are you going through it???

DIBLO7
07-14-09, 05:43 PM
Yes, I'm going through MECEP right now. I got accepted for the FY 2008. Just finished my first year of college and OCS.

Colada
08-26-09, 01:39 PM
Go to www.marines.usmc.mil. On the left, click on AC/S G-3, and officer programs. Should be everything you need.