PDA

View Full Version : So Confused on this Lat-Move

Tommy6288
07-10-09, 11:51 AM
im trying to lat-move to 7257 air traffic control, im trying to figure out what kind of physical i need and how the process really works. how long would it take me to go to school? it says i need a physical under some motivated naval babble that means nothing. i dont know if i need a flight physical or just a regular full physical. im on the ground side and have no idea how the air side works..... any help would be truely appreciated, and i hope a CRS can help!:scared:

KawiGunny
07-10-09, 11:56 AM
I haven't a clue but I am sure your career jammer has those answers for you. Good luck.

*** and no offense meant towards the title career jammers..:D

Tommy6288
07-10-09, 12:03 PM
he lives up to the title though, if i dont handle it myself its not going to work out correctly

jebollenbach
07-10-09, 12:05 PM
Talk to your 1st Sgt.

Petz
07-10-09, 12:31 PM
I think that if you're doing a lat move you are near your 5 year mark in aviation... why not do a 5 year phys and get it out of your way? it'll cover all the requirements for this lat move....

Tommy6288
07-10-09, 12:38 PM
I think that if you're doing a lat move you are near your 5 year mark in aviation... why not do a 5 year phys and get it out of your way? it'll cover all the requirements for this lat move....

thats what my BAS is trying to do now, but in tanks we dont do flight physicals nor do we have a flight surgeon. so its like wtf do i do?

Petz
07-10-09, 12:50 PM
oh, you're tanks... well a full phys won't hurt you... just puts it off for another 5 years after this one... which you'd get if you got out after your next enlistment anyways.

a flight phys is an abbreviated full phys... if it's not a full phys it's got parts of the full phys but just the stuff they need to know.

you'd be doing a full phys before you 5 year mark anyways... might as well get it done now.

Tommy6288
07-10-09, 01:19 PM
oh, you're tanks... well a full phys won't hurt you... just puts it off for another 5 years after this one... which you'd get if you got out after your next enlistment anyways.

a flight phys is an abbreviated full phys... if it's not a full phys it's got parts of the full phys but just the stuff they need to know.

you'd be doing a full phys before you 5 year mark anyways... might as well get it done now.

now thats the answer i was looking for SSgt, would you happen to know ball park on how quick the monitor could pull me since ATC is critical?

Petz
07-10-09, 01:28 PM
you need to get your stuff approved first... there is a lat move monitor I think... not really sure.

but there's someone who would cut your orders to the school house once you get the thumbs up. you'd best talk to your CJ(P) about that.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-11-09, 02:39 AM
Talk to your tanks monitor, then the monitor for the field you want, directly. You can likely find their numbers or get them from the 'jammer, and go from there. They'll be able to tell you what you need to do, what the packet should look like, etc.