PDA

View Full Version : welcome aboard package

JoshNoble1992
07-09-09, 02:28 PM
I guess this one is geared more towards poolees,but I cant post in the poolee hall,so I am posting here.Correct me if I am wrong but,it is my understanding that the welcome aboard package that poolees get when they DEP in contains a workout of some kind.If it isn't too much trouble,may I ask that someone thoroughly outline this workout for me please?

marharri
07-09-09, 02:36 PM
I only did one while I was in the DEP since I was only in it for a month. We ran like half a mile and then played soccer for an hour. It really depends on what the marines at that station feel like doing at the moment. I would expect a short run, some pullups, some crunches, and if you're lucky, something fun. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

JoshNoble1992
07-09-09, 02:52 PM
I only did one while I was in the DEP since I was only in it for a month. We ran like half a mile and then played soccer for an hour. It really depends on what the marines at that station feel like doing at the moment. I would expect a short run, some pullups, some crunches, and if you're lucky, something fun. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Thank you sir.Here is my situation.I am going to poolee meetings,and held to the same standards as they are,but no welcome aboard package,because I am still a lowly wannabe.I am looking for a good workout,preferably one constructed by your beloved Marine Corps sir.

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 06:30 PM
Why don't you just ask one of the poolees at your RSS? I don't see why they'd hold out on you for something like that. If they do, let me know and I'll personally have them hazed.

JoshNoble1992
07-10-09, 01:39 PM
I found a few things on here someone said is done during boot.The first is a pyramid of pullups and pushups:

10 pullups
10 pushups

9 pullups
10 pushups

and so on,until you reach 1 pullup,but your pushups remain at 10 throughout.

For abs:

max in 2 minutes
max in 1 minutes
max in 30 seconds

Lastly,50 side straddle hops,10 pushups,repeat until failure.

I find it gives me a good burn,and a very good pump.

killbodies3027
07-10-09, 02:38 PM
That's a pretty decent beginner workout.

You can try the workout I did prior to shipping which is:

4 sets of max pushups

4 sets of max pullups

I do 4 sets of max because each set is like doing them to failure as opposed to a set number. This way you are actually pushing yourself even more without having to worry about counting. Besides, your body weight is constant throughout the workout. It's not like using a bench press where you'd alter the weights according to your reps.

regular situps for 2 minutes
60 second break
flutter kicks for 2 minutes
60 second break
oblique situps for 2 minutes
60 second break
x2

Start out slow on the situps or you'll tear your stomach muscles apart. Once you get past the initial soreness you can do that workout x4 or more.

I also found that side straddle hops are useless if you can just run and/or just to squats.

JoshNoble1992
07-10-09, 04:05 PM
Thank you sir,i'll give that a go.

Old Marine
07-10-09, 04:57 PM
The only "Welcome Aboard" package I received was my Bucket Issue.

JoshNoble1992
07-10-09, 05:04 PM
The only "Welcome Aboard" package I received was my Bucket Issue.

Excuse my ignorance,but what exactly is a bucket issue sir?

Petz
07-10-09, 05:13 PM
don't worry about it.

next time, tell a mod you're a DEPer and they'll change your profile, then you can post this kind of question in the poolee hall...

JoshNoble1992
07-10-09, 05:25 PM
don't worry about it.

next time, tell a mod you're a DEPer and they'll change your profile, then you can post this kind of question in the poolee hall...

But that's just it sir,I do everything a poolee does but im not in the DEP,so im not a poolee.