PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Marines

hockfan86
07-04-09, 08:26 PM
Thank you for your dedicated honorable service to our country. You are truly a blessing to us all! Because this is Ask a Marine, I will ask how did you celebrate Independence day?

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 01:54 AM
I got wasted. :beer:

JWDevilDog
07-09-09, 02:58 AM
I was sick, in my room, all day and night. Lame. Still remembered those who came and served before me, of course.

Marine84
07-09-09, 07:21 AM
I got wasted. :beer:

Me too.

Petz
07-09-09, 08:49 AM
set off illegal fire works......

Parker-0321
07-09-09, 09:42 AM
Went to the beach, played some volleyball, waited for the nuke from N. Korea to light up the sky, BBQ'd, got drunk, played some more volleyball. Great day with good friends, couldn't ask for much more.

Fievel
07-09-09, 12:14 PM
Got wasted, took the family to see fireworks, drank some more, and remembered my brothers and sisters

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 06:33 PM
Went to the beach, played some volleyball, waited for the nuke from N. Korea to light up the sky, BBQ'd, got drunk, played some more volleyball. Great day with good friends, couldn't ask for much more.

Haha N. Korea sent out like 5 nukes last weekend. Glad I'm only a stones throw away from all this craziness.

Petz
07-09-09, 08:20 PM
there weren't nukes on them... they barely had enough enriched material to do those two tests... they need more time to enrich some more uraniam...

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 08:24 PM
there weren't nukes on them... they barely had enough enriched material to do those two tests... they need more time to enrich some more uraniam...

Seeing as how we aren't doing much to stop these tests, they have plenty of time to enrich that uranium. They imported like 500 tons of yellowcake in the past year, so it's only a matter of time.:mad::mad:

Covey_Rider
07-09-09, 08:38 PM
I went to myrtle beach...like most of the Marines here, got wasted. Watched fireworks as well as set off a lot myself. And of course drank some more for my buddies who couldn't.

Petz
07-09-09, 08:43 PM
that's barely enough to make the two nukes they made at those payloads....

Enriched uranium is a kind of uranium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium) in which the percent composition of uranium-235 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium-235) has been increased through the process of isotope separation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope_separation). Natural uranium (or NU) is 99.284% 238U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium-238) isotope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope), with 235U only constituting about 0.711% of its weight.

with the loss of uranium during enrichment they would have approx 325 lbs of low enriched uranium.... which consist of under 20% 235U so to have it weapons grade, you're looking at 80%-85% to have a critical mass. critical mass for 85% is 110 lbs... so you see why they only did two tests......

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 08:44 PM
According to my source, they've fired 7 test missiles in the past month.

Petz
07-09-09, 08:46 PM
oh, yeah... the missiles have no war head, otherwise they'd have a war on their hands.... they plan on sending more in the coming weeks...

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 08:49 PM
Kim Jong-Il is like a 3 year old kid. He's gonna keep pushing it until he gets spanked. He's testing his limits.

Petz
07-09-09, 09:01 PM
no, he's dying and is ****ed off at the new S.K. president pushing his buttons and the succession of his son and the economic issues he's having.

what will be really funny would be if his son holds a democrat election for the new president and turns the country into what his dad didn't want.

South Korea!

haha.

"my father is dead and I will take over as 'dear leader'... my first act will be to hold democratic elections for all offices of our government and enact a new constitution."

*people looking around confused*

"no longer will we suppress freedom of speech!"

*people think he's an America doppleganger (thanks kim jong Il) and kill him*

Sergeant M
07-09-09, 09:02 PM
That mental picture just gave me a chubby.

tripledog
07-09-09, 09:33 PM
On July 4th , I arose at 430 AM, drank one cup of coffee, hit the road , did 3 miles, came back and did rollovers and jumps for 30 Min. Took a shower, got dressed in my Sunday clothes, went to church and had a talk with the young people about the world. On my way home, I stopped and replaced 2 flat tires for other senior citizens. Got home around 2PM, watched tv (mostly the christian channels), fixes supper, cleaned up and went to bed around 8PM.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. Now where did I put the empty bottle of Crown?

However, all joking aside, thank you for your post. and God Bless America and the Marine Corps.

hockfan86
07-10-09, 12:50 AM
Thank you all for your responses, and I hope you all had a wonderful 4th. I was at a Minnesota Twins game, and they had various members of the armed services out on the field during the 7th inning stretch while they played "Proud to be an American" through the stadium speakers. This ceremony brought tears to my eyes, and a great sense of sadnesss and gratitude for all of the brave men and women who served/died for our country. I was also at peace in knowing that even if my waivers don't go through and I can never become a Marine, at least I am an American and I am damn proud of that privelage. We as citizens are forever indebted to men and women like you who have sacrificed everything for our great country. Thank you.