PDA

View Full Version : Curious Questions.

USCM0311
07-04-09, 10:01 AM
G'day ya'll.
I'm from down under, a long time Marine fan. Always loved watching films and playing games with Marines in em. :D

The other day I was chilled back, playing this game called Prototype, and the Marine commander, yelled out "Oorah oorah" twice.

Do Marines say oorah, more then once? I always thought it ment 'understood' or something? Anyway I was just curious. If any of you Marines are gamers, I would be very thankful if you could recommend any games or even films that in your opinion, have a realistic representation of Marines. (I have a game called Full Spectrum Warrior, that was apprently based on a army training sim.)

Also, do any of you know what happend to the flamethrower? I am curious as to why Americans don't use it anymore.

Take care, and all the best in your current and future deployments! Continue to do your country proud!
Semper fi! :iwo:
-
PFC Dominique, A.
United States Colonial Marine Corp.

Lisa 23
07-04-09, 10:16 AM
The "Ask A Marine" forum........the purpose of this forum is to allow those who are aspiring to join the Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice......not about wanting some info on playing games.
Now.....either you have a question about "joining the Marine Corps", or move on.

Now....try reading these rules.......
Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Then read these rules......
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

USCM0311
07-04-09, 10:23 AM
My apologies, Marines are my hero's, I just got too excited when I saw the ask a marine forum. :(

All my gaming has left me too overweight atm to consider enlistment, but maybe one day I'll get fit and join the Australian army, we apprently train with US Marines over here :D

Thanks anyway for your time.

thewookie
07-04-09, 10:28 AM
G'day ya'll.
I'm from down under, a long time Marine fan. Always loved watching films and playing games with Marines in em. :D

The other day I was chilled back, playing this game called Prototype, and the Marine commander, yelled out "Oorah oorah" twice.

Do Marines say oorah, more then once? I always thought it ment 'understood' or something? Anyway I was just curious. If any of you Marines are gamers, I would be very thankful if you could recommend any games or even films that in your opinion, have a realistic representation of Marines. (I have a game called Full Spectrum Warrior, that was apprently based on a army training sim.)

Also, do any of you know what happend to the flamethrower? I am curious as to why Americans don't use it anymore.

Take care, and all the best in your current and future deployments! Continue to do your country proud!
Semper fi! :iwo:
-
PFC Dominique, A.
United States Colonial Marine Corp.

Oohrah, OOrah, there -- I just did it, too.

And to your question about the flamethrower, there are many reasons -- it's effective in destroying things and flushing out pill boxes, but that's a double edge sword as it's a very dangerous set-up to be walking around with on a battlefield; they're not very practical when there are snipers out there who can put a shot into a tank full of stuff that "doesn't react well with bullets" -- and while it's true that the same sniper could as easily take a head-shot or body-shot, the tank shot might take out more then one person, killing two or more people with one shot; flamethrowers are heavy and impair mobility and they are highly visible targets, and a high value target on the battlefield; from a logistical and from a practicality standpoint it's not as effective as lets say a grenade in the same pill box; and flamethrowers have a very short range compared to other weapons; I also think they might be restricted or banned under the Geneva Convention, but I could be wrong on that last one.

By the way, cluster bombs and depleted uranium ammunition are way more evil and effective than flamethrowers could ever be...

USCM0311
07-04-09, 10:35 AM
:D Thanks for your reply mate!

You mention the Geneva Convention, would our enemies like China and N.K. still use flamethowers? I know what you mean in regard to cluster bombs, I use em to destroy commie tanks in World in Conflict to great effect. (great game).

Btw is there a place I can go to ask stuff like this? I don't want to annoy LASWMarine with any more posts... and I don't want to be breaking rules here.

thewookie
07-04-09, 10:42 AM
:D Thanks for your reply mate!

You mention the Geneva Convention, would our enemies like China and N.K. still use flamethowers? I know what you mean in regard to cluster bombs, I use em to destroy commie tanks in World in Conflict to great effect. (great game).

Btw is there a place I can go to ask stuff like this? I don't want to annoy LASWMarine with any more posts... and I don't want to be breaking rules here.

Generally speaking the questions in this area should be related to joining; however -- as the title of this rooms says...

Ask A Marine Forum for poolees and wannabes to ask a Marine a question.

No mention of what type of question, but I agree that it should be relevant.

So, I guess it depends on whether or not a Marine chooses to answer your question, I did. I will not answer your game questions because I don't think that's appropriate, or worth my time. But perhaps some other Marine will be more willing to take on that.

Good Luck.

DocGreek
07-04-09, 10:43 AM
:evilgrin:.....VERRRRRY INTERESTING!! WHO'S the REAL POSER??? WOOKIE....I'd like to send you a "PUBLIC" message....just how do I do that???......DOC:banana:

thewookie
07-04-09, 10:45 AM
:evilgrin:.....VERRRRRY INTERESTING!! WHO'S the REAL POSER??? WOOKIE....I'd like to send you a "PUBLIC" message....just how do I do that???......DOC:banana:

Huh? Say again, your last, over.

Lisa 23
07-04-09, 11:13 AM
Listen up young man.........I don't like your tone.
You are on a Marine Corps site for Marines, you are just a guest here. When talking to Marines, show RESPECT, I believe I EARNED it, as well as the rest of the Marines on this site have.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. If you didn't like the answer, too bad. If you read the [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members rules......you would've come across rule #7.....
Rule Seven the forums are not social a chatroom if you want to speak to a peer in that way do it on PM or by email or in the chatroom!

Lisa 23
07-04-09, 11:16 AM
Now lets see how long it takes you to log back in to answer my previous post........
You log in to post an answer, then you log out. Then when someone posts an answer, you log back in...then you post again and log back out.

USCM0311
07-04-09, 11:27 AM
I apologise, I have so much respect for Marines, I have so many games about them.

I mean no disrespect to you, or anyone that wears the uniform in any branch. I just wanted to talk to Marines, because I never have before. And the only Marines I know tend to be fictionial characters. :(

I don't know why you are suspicious about my log in activities... Anyway, like I said I just admire Marines, and the things you do. I won't bother anyone else here.

killbodies3027
07-04-09, 06:31 PM
Jesus christ, shut the hell up LASWMarine. All you ever contribute to this site is "HEY UR NOT POSTING SOMETHING I WANT TO READ" and then link someone to a bunch of stupid threads. Either contribute to the damn topic or shut your trap.