PDA

View Full Version : Help With Toning Chest

GavinL91
07-02-09, 10:51 PM
This is a pretty embarassing issue for me.I have excess bodyfat around my lower chest and i cant seem to get rid of it.

I cant do pullups as of now,but i hit 50 pushups a night before bed and i can bench 285!!!The fat is still there.I been on a diet and i do cardio and all plus been hitting the weights for like 4 yrs now.

My upper chest is fine and looks ripped.I can flex my chest muscles,but there is still fat on my lower chest.My back fat is leaving,but i need to tone my lower chest somehow to rid the fat.

Im embarrased for even posting this,but hopefully i can get some help on this problem of mine.:sick:
As of now i weigh 278,which is 28 pnds lighter than what i was.
My goal is to get 240 to DEP by the end of the year.

Alisium
07-02-09, 10:53 PM
Yoga and Pilaties are great for toning every inch of your body.

temarti
07-02-09, 10:56 PM
swim, swim, swim

GavinL91
07-02-09, 11:23 PM
thanks for some of the advice.I think im to heavy for pilates and yoga(dont have yoga dvds),and i plan on swimming when i hit the gym sometimes.

Supersquishy
07-03-09, 06:20 AM
cut out all carbs, i.e. bread, white rice, and sugar. No sodas. Run, bike, swim do cardio.

thewookie
07-03-09, 06:32 AM
swim, swim, swim

Ya that, exactly, and do pushups, many, many push-ups.

I bought the "perfect pushup" thing for Christmas and I love it.

If you wanna get rid of your man boobs try looking into that.:sick:

Pete0331
07-03-09, 07:28 AM

I use it as well.

Throw in some variations of pushups into your workout.
Diamond pushups.
Wide pushups.
Incline pushups.
Dive bombers.

You need to be doing a lot more in one day then 50 pushups if you want to get better.

FistFu68
07-03-09, 07:46 AM
:evilgrin: Do 52 Pushups as soon as You get outta tha Rack,50 4 Yourself,I more 4 Your MaMa @ 1, 4 the Marine Corps 3 times a Day.Then get sum Inversion Boots @ from a Dead Hang pull yourself up slowly,no swing motion after 2 months You will Be very surprised at Your progress both in front of the Mirror @ most of all on the Scale.Oh every other day add 1 more 4 Chesty OOOHRAH GoodLuck S/F :evilgrin: :iwo:

thewookie
07-03-09, 08:31 AM
Many athletes, Herschel Walker comes to mind, only do pushups or variations of the basic pushup, and sit-ups as their workouts.

No fancy gyms, no BS, just hard work ethic, sweat, and determination. I think Herchel said he would do 500 push-usp and 500 sit-ups to start each day. That means no sweatin to the oldies and only doing 25 four counts.

Pete0331
07-03-09, 08:49 AM
Also make sure you concentrate on proper form.
Half-assing it will hurt you in the long run.
All the way up so that your arms are almost straight but just short of locking out your elbow.
All the way down so that the tricep is straight with your back. Your chest should be 4 inches from the ground in down position.

GavinL91
07-03-09, 11:23 AM
alright,i will try to do all those killer pushups.But when i do them my chest doesnt hurt,my arms start to hurt.THat is the main reason why i stop.

FistFu68
07-03-09, 11:29 AM
:evilgrin: Pain is just Weakness leaving the Body :evilgrin: :iwo:

Pete0331
07-03-09, 11:31 AM
alright,i will try to do all those killer pushups.But when i do them my chest doesnt hurt,my arms start to hurt.THat is the main reason why i stop.

That means you should do more of them.
Don't overexert yourself to early.

Work on your grammar.

Phantom Blooper
07-03-09, 05:07 PM
but there is still fat on my lower chest.My back fat is leaving,but i need to tone my lower chest somehow to rid the fat.

Get Liposuction....

Get a man tittie reduction....

Or forget what I said and follow the above advice!:evilgrin:

GavinL91
07-03-09, 05:15 PM
Get Liposuction....

Get a man tittie reduction....

Or forget what I said and follow the above advice!:evilgrin:whoa,i think i can do without surgery.:scared:

Supersquishy
07-03-09, 05:23 PM
cut out all carbs, i.e. bread, white rice, and sugar. No sodas. Run, bike, swim do cardio.

Like I just said, cut out all carbs as possible, yes I know Lasagne and Spaghetti is SOOOOO good, but just cut anything with white flour out, but if you must, use Whole grain carbs( minimaly). Eat LESS a day, eat a good healthy supper, but only eat fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch. If you half your calorie intake you will loose the fat two fold. And RUN, Bike, Swim to get your metabolism back up. Ohh you might want to quit drinking alchohol if you do.

SlingerDun
07-03-09, 06:43 PM
....excess bodyfat around my lower chest .....Medium to wide position push-ups on blocks or quart size paint cans, chunks of wood, bricks etc. for maximum range "the perfect push" style. A thick coiled spring with bike grips on both ends 'chest toner' hard to find used and about 30 bucks new, it will lift that chest. And what may be the most effective exercise for the low chest are dips on parallel bars or between two chairs.

--->Dave

Hawkaida
07-03-09, 06:46 PM
Do decline bench press. It targets that specific part of the chest, but diet is 90% more effective than spot training.

SlingerDun
07-03-09, 06:50 PM
sure it's not de-cline bench press?

SlingerDun
07-03-09, 08:29 PM
ah yes i read wrong thought i saw the word incline but didnthttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

GavinL91
07-03-09, 08:54 PM
alright,thanks guys on the tips.Like i said ive been doing cardio and trying to eat right,and drinking whey protein and mostly water everyday.I plan on to start using Creatine to use i after football lifting and start taking fish oil caps,which i heard helped burn fat with proper exercise.

Alisium
07-03-09, 08:57 PM
Ahhh,

Be careful with the protien. Unless you're really busting your balls it can put weight on you that you don't want.

Lisa 23
07-03-09, 09:18 PM
alright,thanks guys on the tips.Like i said ive been doing cardio and trying to eat right,and drinking whey protein and mostly water everyday.I plan on to start using Creatine to use i after football lifting and start taking fish oil caps,which i heard helped burn fat with proper exercise.

I'd stay away from the creatine.
Check this thread out.....
Supplements
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85848&highlight=creatine

GavinL91
07-03-09, 10:00 PM
Good post about supplements.I have done alot of research on creatine and i know that it can have its benefits,as long as you work out and stay hydrated.I dont plan to stay on it long,i'll just be using it over this summer to help get toned and stroger for the season.

Then i will just stick to whey protein which is what i use now.I havent gained any weight from it,but i can tell in some spots where i see definition.I plan to start using fish oil also.

hbarcus
07-04-09, 01:09 AM

Perfect pushups are insane! It tears me up everytime I use it. I highly recommend this product as well.

flyby
07-04-09, 04:52 AM

First thing I would suggest is to get your BMI measured (using a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) which are available at the commercial gyms, and track your progress from there. You can not 'target' train to lose fat. Prime example is sit-ups to target and reduce stomach fat. The body doesn't work that way. It decides where and how to remove body fat. But as another Marine said, Dips are the best workout for the lower chest. Also, Fish Body oils are not a fat burner. They provide omega-3 fatty acids. Protein intake in and of itself does not cause you to gain weight. What makes you gain weight is the poor quality of some protein powders due to the fact that some contain simplex carbohydrates (simple sugars). Protein intake is one of the most important parts to losing weight and building muscle because protein is what the muscle needs to grow. I would not cut down on caloric intake and increase aerobic/anaerobic exercises as this will not raise your 'metabolism'. Cutting calories causes the body to actually retain more calories from a meal than otherwise because the body thinks it is in starvation mode and therefore holds onto them. Most likely, this will cause a yo-yo affect w/body weight. You need 4-5 meals spaced out along w/1-1.5 grams of protein per lean pound of body mass (calculated from the BMI) along w/aerobic & anaerobic exercises which will increase your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMB) and hence increase your metabolism.
Long post I know but important.

Supersquishy
07-04-09, 06:14 AM
I would not cut down on caloric intake and increase aerobic/anaerobic exercises as this will not raise your 'metabolism'. Cutting calories causes the body to actually retain more calories from a meal than otherwise because the body thinks it is in starvation mode and therefore holds onto them.

TRUE, however if your taking in 4,000 calories a day and sitting in an office all day, then you should half it. www.bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com) has a wealth of nutritional information, AND workout programs.

flyby
07-04-09, 07:31 AM
TRUE, however if your taking in 4,000 calories a day and sitting in an office all day, then you should half it. www.bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com) has a wealth of nutritional information, AND workout programs.

Yes, a sedentary lifestyle will only compound the problem. However, reducing calories is more than a cut and dry formula, then for example, reducing daily intake by half. When cutting calories, it is more a function of finding out what your daily caloric maintenance level is and then adjusting the number from there to achieve the desired goal.

killbodies3027
07-04-09, 06:45 PM
Wow, there is a lot of bad advice scattered throughout this thread. Stop eating carbs? Cut down your caloric intake? Are you guys nuts? Dieting doesn't work, exercise does.

The last thing you want to do is starve yourself, or at least deprive yourself of nutrition. What you are describing is that you have excess body fat, and the best thing you can do to burn the fat is cardio, period. Keep up with your strength training, because you will need it in the Marines. But increasing your cardio to burn the fat that strength training doesn't burn is a must.

Also, just pay attention to what you eat. Everyone is smart enough to realize what foods are fattier than others. Eat as you need, just make sure it's healthy and keep up with your fitness routines. That's the only thing you can do.

killbodies3027
07-04-09, 06:48 PM
Also, there is no such thing as "toning." Toning is nothing more than a marketing ploy used to lure stupid people into buying their retarded workout videos.

fallfast90
07-04-09, 08:28 PM
One workout will get rid of that excess and build you up good. P90X....Get that workout and you will see results!

GavinL91
07-05-09, 12:44 AM
Lots of good tips,thanks Marines!
I start back football workouts monday and plan to start using creatine and fish oil.
Fish oil pre and Creatine Post.To lose the weight i just going to eat fruit and veggies for breakfast and lunch and add my protein for dinner,and drink tons of water.
Finish the night off with 100 pushups or attempts of 100 and 100 crunches,and a multivitamin before bed.
Does this sound good.My cardio and lifting will be taking place at practice since we as linemen condition first then lift.

GavinL91
07-05-09, 12:52 AM
also i cant even post in the poolee hall anymore,so i cant add my workouts and goals to my weight loss thread.It says for some reason i may not post.