PDA

View Full Version : Scarring

Do-Or-Die
07-02-09, 12:02 PM
Hello Marines,
My issue involves some scarring I received prior to my shipdate, I had not reported my scars so I had to go through the MEPS routine to get them checked out before I leave. I saw a psychiatrist to make sure they were not the outcome of some suicide attempt or something, i passed obviously. Now I am right where I started, I have the green light from MEPS and I got my shipdate pushed back so i leave this Monay.

What I was questioning is whether or not I could get sent home from bootcamp due to the severity of the scarring, despite the green light from MEPS. Its just that my knees are knocking over here because I almost got DQ'd the first time and I don't know what I would do if that happened.

Thank You,
Poollee Brooks

boomer56328
07-02-09, 12:12 PM
We had a guy in boot camp who had some burn scars. I think that if they already checked them out and said you were good to go that nothing could happen at the depot to change there minds. Not an expert though so I can't say for sure.

Do-Or-Die
07-02-09, 12:27 PM
Thats what I got, burn scars.

NoRemorse
07-02-09, 12:34 PM
Pre-ship jitters. Enjoy the 4th with your family and go earn the title.

Tim Self
07-02-09, 02:24 PM
Pre-ship jitters. Enjoy the 4th with your family and go earn the title.

When I read this post, I smilled. Yes enjoy the 4th. 32 long years I was making the 2nd phase Camp Pendleton beach stroll with 79 of my closest friends.:D