PDA

View Full Version : Multiple questions.

jotra76
07-01-09, 10:29 PM
Im 15 and in the United States Naval Sea Cadets right now. Supposedly the Navy and Marines are gunna give me E-2 right out of Marine Boot, I have heard that you make PFC right out of boot anyway so are they just bull****ting me? I want to be a Marine Security Guard, how does getting that duty assignment work? I have heard from some Marine NCO's at the base we drill at that when you make SSGT they start putting you in command of squads or even platoons. Say I become a MSG and transfer an infantry company when im a SGT or SSGT, will they not put me in leadership positions due to lack of infantry experience? Thanks.

Gearbox
07-01-09, 10:38 PM
Pretty sure that if you are in the Naval Sea Cadets and you tell your recruiter that, he can get you contract PFC meaning you will immediately start earning time in service as an E-2 when you enter boot camp, unlike a meritorious PFC in boot camp in which you will be a PFC after boot camp. Basically compared to a meritorious PFC you would be three months ahead towards your promotion to E-3.

Unfortunately I was never MSG so I cannot comment.

jotra76
07-01-09, 10:40 PM
Thank you, thats just one less question.

ArtyOps
07-01-09, 10:41 PM
You heard wrong. You don't make PFC right out of boot. Second, MSG is not a primary MOS, it's a B-Billet, meaning you have to join for something else.

For the rest of the answer I suggest you do some looking around because I've seen many threads about this.

jotra76
07-01-09, 10:44 PM
Yes i know that, i was told you have to get a infantry MOS and then go on from there or something.

ArtyOps
07-01-09, 10:46 PM
Yes i know what, i was told you have to get a infantry MOS and then go on from there or something.

Again you were told wrong. Who is feeding you this BS?

Forget what you think you know. You're 15, you don't know anything yet, so stop saying you know. Do your own research. The answers are already here.

Gearbox
07-01-09, 10:51 PM
Yes i know what, i was told you have to get a infantry MOS and then go on from there or something.
I understand you have many questions about your Marine Corps enlistment. You should definitely ask these questions with a Marine Corps recruiter and he/she can answers your questions better than I could.

However, I do know that you do not have to be infantry. There are career planners within a unit that can assist you in becoming a MSG.

ArtyOps
07-01-09, 10:55 PM
Officers command, not enlisted. A Staff Sergeant in charge of a platoon is a Platoon Sergeant. An Officer in charge of a platoon is a Platoon Commander. <br />
<br />
Any time you are away from your primary...

ArtyOps
07-01-09, 10:57 PM
I understand you have many questions about your Marine Corps enlistment. You should definitely ask these questions with a Marine Corps recruiter and he/she can answers your questions better than I could.

However, I do know that you do not have to be infantry. There are career planners within a unit that can assist you in becoming a MSG.

Fill in the rest of your profile.

marine95
07-01-09, 11:58 PM
Jotra76,
First of all, not everyone gets E2. Some are contracted and 10% of the rest of the platoon is awarded it. As for MSG, you need to be with your first duty station fir a bit before they will even entertain your application for MSG. Most likely you will have to be a mature E3.The rest of your questions will be answered when you get your feet wet as a Marine.