PDA

View Full Version : MECEP Program

Eldridge0311
07-01-09, 07:32 PM
I know the basic information about the MECEP program but I was just wondering if any Marine on this site has gone through it, and if so could they tell me first hand how they went about to get in and what it was like?

Thank you so much

Poolee Eldridge

0231Marine
07-02-09, 07:02 AM
Talk to Isrowei...I believe he went through the program

Isrowei
07-02-09, 09:33 AM
I did not, but a lot of friends of mine did and I just helped one of my Corporals put together a package for it.

How to get in...? You need to get the order and read it. We could repost it here, but it would be very wordy and redunant.

As for the experience... the bottom line is that you will have to spend time in the Marine Corps beforehand. If you get accepted, you will be expected to continue setting the example as a Marine in all areas, including GPA. The single biggest reason that Marines are dismissed from the program is because they let their GPA fall below a 2.0 average.

Honestly, if you haven't even enlisted yet, you're way too early to be thinking about MECEP. You have a bunch of wickets that are directly ahead of you that you should focus on before you start thinking about possibilities 3-4 years from now.

Eldridge0311
07-02-09, 09:42 AM
I did not, but a lot of friends of mine did and I just helped one of my Corporals put together a package for it.

How to get in...? You need to get the order and read it. We could repost it here, but it would be very wordy and redunant.

As for the experience... the bottom line is that you will have to spend time in the Marine Corps beforehand. If you get accepted, you will be expected to continue setting the example as a Marine in all areas, including GPA. The single biggest reason that Marines are dismissed from the program is because they let their GPA fall below a 2.0 average.

Honestly, if you haven't even enlisted yet, you're way too early to be thinking about MECEP. You have a bunch of wickets that are directly ahead of you that you should focus on before you start thinking about possibilities 3-4 years from now.

I didn't mean for it to be such a hassle sorry Sir.

I know I would have to wait until I reached Corporal that's is I graduate Bootcamp first of course. I also know that the group who runs MECEP has a quota of each race to fill before white caucasian as my recruiter said, and that they look at my package as a whole group ( correct me if im wrong please ) and that depending on my scores as a whole along with ASVAB and Highschool GPA they would select me.

I'm not saying if i graduate I would make it to this point at all Sir, I guess im shooting the **** a little soon :/ excited and wanted to know information about it.

I apologize for jumping the gun and thinking to far ahead thank you again though for you help and advice.

Poolee Eldridge

Isrowei
07-02-09, 09:45 AM
It's good to have goals. Just keep in mind what comes first so you can pay proper attention to each in turn. Good luck.

Eldridge0311
07-02-09, 09:50 AM
Thank you again Sir.