PDA

View Full Version : Two Important Questions

Jpunt
07-01-09, 05:09 PM
I am only a physical away from enlisting in the USMC, I got a 99 on my mechanical portion of my ASVAB, and I love working on cars since its the only thing Ive ever done. But I was wondering if anyone could give me an info on what its like to be a mechanic in the Marines?

Also, my mother isn't very into me becoming a Marine, I need some advice on what to tell her / make her feel more safe and proud of me that I'm thinking of becoming a Marine. :flag:

Thanks,
Joe

thewookie
07-01-09, 05:24 PM
I am only a physical away from enlisting in the USMC, I got a 99 on my mechanical portion of my ASVAB, and I love working on cars since its the only thing Ive ever done. But I was wondering if anyone could give me an info on what its like to be a mechanic in the Marines?

Also, my mother isn't very into me becoming a Marine, I need some advice on what to tell her / make her feel more safe and proud of me that I'm thinking of becoming a Marine. :flag:

Thanks,
Joe

1. I started out in a Motor Pool as a driver, having said that, I think the Mechs have a pretty good deal -- they are super important, anyone can get a Hummer license but not many Marines can work on them. Marines always break sheet, so you'll always have plenty to fix. And if you know your stuff you'll do more work in your MOS i.e. working on trucks instead of the typical BS boot duties.

2. Tell your Mom that you're going to make a difference and become part of a brotherhood that's like nothing else. And if you're a Mech there's virtually no chance that you'll be out there kicking down doors or driving around exposing yourself to IEDs, which should increase your chances of survival on the battlefield, should you go.

Then tell her that you love her but she has to step aside and let you become a man.

Good luck.

Lisa 23
07-01-09, 08:00 PM
First...read these rules.........
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Second....when you're done with those rules, then read these rules........
Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Third.....when you're done reading the rules, then fill out ALL of your profile.