PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana possession ticket

Daveyy
07-01-09, 04:35 PM
Please only respond with a real answer and please do not comment on why drugs are bad...so on and so forth....

I am in the process of deciding which path to take..Marines or Army. Well, the other day I received a ticket (i was not arrested) for, as stated on the ticket "possession on marijuana." It was a small amount and i am due for court july 28th. I live in New York (specifically Nassau County) and from what i have researched, the penalty for a first time offense is a civil citation and a $100 dollar fine, not even a misdemeanor. Would the Marines find out about this and if so would it disqualify me from enlisting?

I just spoke to an Army recruiter today, and I am speaking with a Marine recruiter soon. The Army recruiter told me i may or may not be able to join. I also read today that the Army instituted a new policy in which they will no longer be granting waivers for marijuana. Is this the same case with the Marines or are they more lenient? Army recruiter also told me that the Army has become much more selective in who they let join and from what he has seen the Marines are less picky. Is this true? Do i still have a chance for either branch of service?

Of course I am going to wait for court to be done with before trying to enlist.

thewookie
07-01-09, 05:03 PM
Army recruiter also told me that the Army has become much more selective in who they let join and from what he has seen the Marines are less picky.

Wanna bees don't make the rules and certainly do not decide what we are going to ask or talk about. I think you are getting off on the wrong foot by telling Marines what we can and cannot comment on.

And the last time I checked, the Marine Corps was around 202k strong, the Army is closer to a million which if my math is correct is nearly 5 times the number of bodies -- so who do you believe, the Army guy who says the Army is more selective, or the Marines who prove it with our numbers?

There's a very good reason why one of our best tag lines is The Few and the Proud.

Go Army.

SlingerDun
07-01-09, 05:31 PM
:beer:

Wyoming
07-01-09, 05:33 PM
Please only respond with a real answer and please do not comment on why drugs are bad...so on and so forth....

No profile mofo. :sick:

PaidinBlood
07-01-09, 05:57 PM
Go Army.

temarti
07-01-09, 06:56 PM
Wookie said it best.....

You are perfect Gump material

Marine84
07-01-09, 07:03 PM
No profile mofo. :sick:

He's smokin' so much, he hasn't gotten that far yet.

Rocky C
07-01-09, 07:06 PM
I was thinking Peace Corps for him, kinda goes hand in hand with Marijuana.

JWDevilDog
07-01-09, 07:11 PM
Not only does this puke not have a profile, but he is posting in the Marine only section.

Listen here kid, you don't rate to post in this section. So go to the poolee/wannabee area, most ricky tick.

Sgt Wookie, the Corps has started downsizing from 202k. We have gotten even more selective with who we recruit, and who we allow re-enlist. With Iraq dying down, we don't need to be as large anymore (at least that is the train of thought).

Fievel
07-01-09, 07:25 PM
Listen up, jarheads. I'm a dope-smoking crackhead. I do a lot of drugs, but don't ask me anything about it, okay. Tell me what I want to hear so I can get a drug waiver and polute your marine corpse. If you ask me about my drug use, I will throw myself on the ground and have a temper tantrum. So DON'T ASK! How do I get a waiver to get into the marinez??? I wanna be a marine!!

Get out of here with that sh*t, turd :evilgrin:

MLMonk
07-01-09, 07:26 PM
I've been told by one of the recruiters while I was on RA, the USMC is changing to 50+ ASVAB, no drug/felony waivers, and they turn down fat bodies.