PDA

View Full Version : Reporting In

hbarcus
07-01-09, 03:37 PM
Hello,
I had a quick question, so I created an account on this site to ask it. I googled the heck out of it but couldn't figure it out. When reporting in do I wear my Alphas barracks cover, or garrison cover? I'm not completely sure which to wear or get ready to check into MCAS Yuma. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time,
PFC Barcus

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 03:42 PM
You profile needs some work. But Service Alphas (yea its friggin hot there now) and the cover doesnt matter, since when you check in your indoors anyways (cover off). I would use the pi$$ cutter, so you don't have to lug that big sucker around.

Wyoming
07-01-09, 03:59 PM
Chalphas! (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84933&highlight=chalphas)

PaidinBlood
07-01-09, 04:12 PM
Chalphas! (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84933&highlight=chalphas)

I'll second that one! :thumbup: You only get one chance to make a first impression! :usmc:

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 04:14 PM
I'll second that one! :thumbup: You only get one chance to make a first impression! :usmc:

I'll give him a $100 bucks if he does it. Must have pictures for proof.:thumbup:

PaidinBlood
07-01-09, 04:20 PM
Hope that answered your question, Marine... How'd you luck into a SWEET assignment like Yuma in July?

http://reversemortgage365.com/uploaded_images/yuma_reverse_mortgage-714101.jpg

Fill out your profile and stick around... SF

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 04:27 PM
A little secret that most Marines didn't utilize was the Marine Corps Rec area at Lake Martinez 30 miles up the road, they have cabins and boats to rent, 15 minute boat ride to the Colorado River, where half naked drunk (topless) California Chicks party on the sand bars, ohh the memories. Ohh the hangovers and sunburns.

PaidinBlood
07-01-09, 04:31 PM
Funny I didn't think of that while I was rotting away out at P111 and Ox 2... :D

To be fair, me putting down Yuma based on my short crappy visit would be like deriding the Stumps based on my stays at R400... :thumbdown:

hbarcus
07-01-09, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll be wearing my **** cutter =]

And I don't think I'll be wearing Chalphas to check in haha. I saw that picture while I was googling, it was ridiculous. How does someone even think about wearing a uniform like that.

And I lucked into it by being in Radar school for close to a year, and the Marine Corps being the Marine Corps had to figure out the one place I didnt want to get assigned and send me there.

Me and my wife don't mind it thus far, though. Coming from MCAGCC 29 Palms, its not nearly as bad. There it's the same weather with no shopping whatsoever for 45 miles one way.

Thanks for the welcome also =] Much appreciated

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 04:38 PM
To be fair, me putting down Yuma based on my short crappy visit would be like deriding the Stumps based on my stays at R400... :thumbdown:

Ox2 HAHA what were you doing there CAX? WTI? Ohh no worries Yuma was a Sh1t hole, lets see here, if you didn't go to Phoenix (college chick town) or San Diego, (have to learn to hold a wine glass), you were most likely stuck at Ron's Place or that country bar, all bars in Yuma have the same friggin fuggly chicks every stinking weekend guaranteed.

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 04:42 PM
Me and my wife don't mind it thus far, though. Coming from MCAGCC 29 Palms, its not nearly as bad. There it's the same weather with no shopping whatsoever for 45 miles one way.

Hey, if your into shooting or camping, winter time is the best time there, go rent the boat, go up the river a few miles and there is some awesome hiking trails in the mountains. Just watch for snakes, you will have a good time.

hbarcus
07-01-09, 04:53 PM
Hey, if your into shooting or camping, winter time is the best time there...

I love shooting, I want to actually try for the rifle team. I hear its very possible with my rifle score. I shot a 310 but that was a year ago haha.

PaidinBlood
07-01-09, 04:53 PM
Ox2 HAHA what were you doing there CAX? WTI? Ohh no worries Yuma was a Sh1t hole, lets see here, if you didn't go to Phoenix (college chick town) or San Diego, (have to learn to hold a wine glass), you were most likely stuck at Ron's Place or that country bar, all bars in Yuma have the same friggin fuggly chicks every stinking weekend guaranteed.

WTI...professional cargo-that's me.

Don't go knocking the vino...I am not ashamed to admit that I've found some nice labels in the $2-3 range out here...No they don't come in a box-just have not yet been "discovered". I'm no snob but I've learned to put a bottle or 2 away and actually enjoy it. Prior to being stationed here, my experience was limited to the Grapes of Wrath contained in mad dog 20/20...woof:thumbdown:thumbdown

http://www.american-trading.com/beverages/images/md2020.jpg

Alisium
07-01-09, 06:31 PM
I was at Yuma for a short while.

Great place for horing.

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 06:51 PM
Great place for horing.

Ohh man...I hope you got checked out, My roomate had a bunch of meds on his dresser, I had no clue what they were but I jokingly said, "WTF you get an std?!" He goes "STFU and don't say nothin to no one!" I totally called his bluff...HAHA

thewookie
07-01-09, 06:57 PM
Yeah, man, a buddy of mine got clap of the yap in Yuma, have you been checked?:D

And, I'm only hijacking this thread because the young Marine's question was answered.:marine:

Alisium
07-01-09, 06:59 PM
That was ten years or eleven years ago. I'm fine.

The only STD that may be possible is a little Yuma bastard running around that I didn't know about. Like the one in Australia.

Besides, life's an adventure, a day not proving that is a day wasted.

There is something special about a place where you can do both a mother and her daughter under the same roof in the same night.

JWDevilDog
07-01-09, 07:24 PM
There is something special about a place where you can do both a mother and her daughter under the same roof in the same night.

I am very jealous. Still waiting for my time to come. :beer:

thewookie
07-01-09, 07:40 PM

One of those Kodak moments.

I can't beat that, but one good story deserves another.....I never forget this night in the Philippines when I walked into this made out of MRE cardboard house with this Filipino girl who lived in the Barrio. Right as we walked in, I see her parents sitting on the "couch" staring at me, I make eye contact and smile and then this girl leads me into her room, which is right next to the living room. She then bangs the crap out of me for long time. They call them girls LBFM's --Little Brown Focking Machines. :banana:

Then, I walked out and shook papasan's hand, bowed to mamasan, and left to go back to a bar and have another Red Horse.:beer: Life was good.

JWDevilDog
07-01-09, 09:57 PM
Well, I may not have been to the PI yet, but I have Thailand stories... Specifically the Night of the Four Horsemen. Or the Night of the Three Musketeers.

And then some buddies of mine, when they were in Korea, well they had the "Fireteam Rush."

Alisium
07-01-09, 10:43 PM
I should create a sub group for fvck stories. Those are my favorite.