PDA

View Full Version : tkmac58 is back

tkmac58
07-01-09, 11:24 AM
Its been over a year since I have been active on Leatherneck.com. I have received pvt messages and answered them accordingly. Just a quick update, Last time I was here I was helping Marines, poolies, and families with issues such as recruiting policies, transitioning issues to the 1st civ div and other issues. After retirement from the few, the proud, in 2005 I spent almost 3 years working as a recruiter for Freightliner Trucks, I recruited in every state west of the Mississippi. My greatest experiences were my trips to the Stumps, Camp Pendleton and San Diego looking for Marines to hire. I also spent time visiting all of the Army Installations in the west, there sure are allot of them. I was able to hire quite a few Marines and soldiers during this period. I was also a mentor for the Marine For Life program (still am). After 3 years it became less of a challenge and the people I work with became boring ie. the civillians that would mock the experience that a military truck mechanic brings to the real world. Dont worry I fought hard and won the majority of the battles with the exception of a few of our brothers wanted more. (cant blame them its in there nature). I early 2008 I started working for ITT-Technical Institute as a student rep, most people say what is a 48 year old MSgt with 27 years in the Corps working at a place like that. ITT-Tech is a very reputable college that teaches technology in a non tradional manner. The best thing about this school is it gives an automatic discount to veterans, about $4000.00 off the tuition costs. It also supports the post 9-11 gi bill. You can basically get everything paid for. along with a book and housing stiphend if you qualify. The bottom line is that I am doing waht I did before I left the Corps, take care of Marines. The economy has slowed down and it is important that we continue to educate ourselves so when it does come back we will be ready. I just wanted to update my status and let you know that I am still a highly motovated machine. If any of you need anything please dont hestitate to contact me. I miss you all.

Semper Fi

MSgt MAC

thedrifter
07-01-09, 12:46 PM
Welcome Back!

Ellie