PDA

View Full Version : Issued Glasses

Zues
07-01-09, 06:09 AM
I know that I will not be able to bring contacts or glasses to MCRD, but I was wondering what "prescription" the eyewear issued to us would be.

Are glasses prescribed to each recruit based on their vision tests at MEPS? Or are the issued portholes a general perscription for neraighted/farsighted recruits.

-Justin

ArtyOps
07-01-09, 06:14 AM
I don't wear glasses but is there a suck thing as a general prescription? You're vision will be tested and you will be given glasses based on your prescription.

Pete0331
07-01-09, 06:14 AM
I know that I will not be able to bring contacts or glasses to MCRD, but I was wondering what "prescription" the eyewear issued to us would be.

Are glasses prescribed to each recruit based on their vision tests at MEPS? Or are the issued portholes a general perscription for neraighted/farsighted recruits.

-Justin

Yes, the glasses you receive in Boot Camp will be prescription.

Make sure you bring a set with you.
On your way home for leave you don't want to look like a dork in military issue specs.

Zues
07-01-09, 06:20 AM
Thank you for the prompt responses

JWDevilDog
07-01-09, 06:22 AM
Very cool.

http://globalcop.us/uploaded_images/IMG_6438-743402.JPG

Supersquishy
07-01-09, 06:30 AM
The issued glasses in boot camp for me had lenses that had flat fronts, I think it made things a little distorted, the loggs on the confidence course looked Bowed, and that was a little nerve racking 40 feet up in the air!

NoRemorse
07-01-09, 07:14 AM
Mine tended to fly off suddenly...

Yes they will grind them according to the vision test you'll be given at MCRD.

No, you will not be wearing them for certain events. We couldn't wear ours for the bayonet course for one, I believe it's more dependent upon your Drill Instructor than how blind you are. I for one was severely near-sighted and had astigmatism but I got through it fine.

TJR1070
07-01-09, 08:25 AM
What they don't have the strap to keep them attached to your brain housing group anymore?

NoRemorse
07-01-09, 08:27 AM
They do... but the Drill Instructors move so quickly I guess the wake they leave behind just knocks them off.