PDA

View Full Version : Giving back to those who support me.

JWG
06-29-09, 08:14 PM
Hey brothers and sisters,

I've been trying to make sure my family and close friends (like my second family) know how much I appreciate their continued support. I want to find something that both shows gratitude to their continued support through this "Journey to the Corps" and to remember and keep thoughts on all our times while I'm gone at bootcamp, and on to active duty stations, deployments, etc.

Thinking something like dog tags or a little statue for Marine Corps with an engraved thank you with fond memory/saying on it. Any other ideas? It'd mean a lot if you all have done something similar or plan to, to share your thoughts and ideas on something. I don't mind spending up to $100 on it as it's something that'd be very meaningful.

MarineCorekilla
06-30-09, 10:11 PM
Can You Give Me A Hundred Instead

JSam
06-30-09, 10:14 PM
Shut up, idiot.

JWG, in all honesty, give them your attitude. I tried that, and they're response was 'Make us proud. That in itself is worth more than anything you could give us'.

JWG
07-01-09, 12:40 AM
Thanks, brother. :thumbup:

Gnetics
07-01-09, 06:25 AM
Have a little BBQ, or get together. Everybody loves food lol and just make a little toast or whatever and let them all know what you want to tell them. You can either cook or get like the premade stuff from the deli at your local grocery store/Walmart. BAM! under 100, everyone eats and gets to know you thank them for their support.:yes::yes::yes:

JWG
07-02-09, 10:52 AM
Yes, definitely going to have some sort of get-together with my close friends and family before I head out. One last hoo-rah.