PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself...

sdonaldson13
06-28-09, 04:40 PM
Hello All!!

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new....

My name is Sarah and I've visited this site plenty of times while a friend was in boot camp and finally decided to join.

Well I am considering joining the Marines, BUT I still have some weight to lose according to the standards. Only 10 lbs to go and get better at running :confused:
I've never been so determined to do something and can't wait to go through the process and become a Marine.

I want to THANK all the Marines out there for your service!

Fievel
06-28-09, 04:53 PM
Hello All!!

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new....

My name is Sarah and I've visited this site plenty of times while a friend was in boot camp and finally decided to join.

Well I am considering joining the Marines, BUT I still have some weight to lose according to the standards. Only 10 lbs to go and get better at running :confused:
I've never been so determined to do something and can't wait to go through the process and become a Marine.

I want to THANK all the Marines out there for your service!

Welcome!

ameriken
06-28-09, 04:59 PM
Welcome Sarah. When do you intend to talk to a recruiter?

Good luck!

sdonaldson13
06-28-09, 05:07 PM
Thank you! I plan on talking to a recruiter within the next 2 weeks.

ameriken
06-28-09, 05:19 PM
Excellent....good luck and let us know how it goes.

sdonaldson13
06-28-09, 05:23 PM
Thank you! I certainly will.

ArtyOps
06-28-09, 05:24 PM
Welcome... good luck on you weight loss!!

Alisium
06-28-09, 05:35 PM
Well, you look pretty healthy. Check your body fat %. I wouldn't be suprised if you were well within regs.

Good luck and congrats on making a very honorable decision for you life.

SF.

Skosh59
06-28-09, 06:38 PM
Welcome & good luck.

Stay away from the pastry & you will will do fine. :marine:

sdonaldson13
06-29-09, 01:29 PM
Thank you to all!!

Skosh59- I'm trying to stay away from those pastries!! It's hard but I'm determined to lose the rest of the weight!!

Hartford
06-29-09, 07:37 PM
Might as well talk to a recruiter now, you don't need to be in height/weight standards just to talk to them and get the paperwork started. It's a much longer process than most people think and you'll have a long time until you ship to boot camp anyway even after entering the DEP.

JWG
06-29-09, 08:09 PM
Might as well talk to a recruiter now, you don't need to be in height/weight standards just to talk to them and get the paperwork started. It's a much longer process than most people think and you'll have a long time until you ship to boot camp anyway even after entering the DEP.

Agreed. Get your fat body in their and let them know you're interested. Good recruiters will work with you.. give you advice, PT/Run with you, etc. Go to the Pool functions as well. You can do this, it's all mental. Mental grows outwards, physically. Keep your mind on the Title. :thumbup:

Shick019
06-29-09, 08:21 PM
Welcome aboard, hope this forum is as helpful to you as everyone else.

Good luck with everything that is going to be down your path to becoming a Marine, and never, ever, let anything get in your way.

MarinesFTW
06-29-09, 10:00 PM
Welcome and good luck on droping the weight, its hard to start, but once you get going it seems to fly off!

Gnetics
07-01-09, 06:30 AM
Yep until you hit the plateau effect! lol now I just need to start messing with my intake vs cardio/weight training to keep losing it.:devious:

Gerken
07-01-09, 05:35 PM
ya the Recruiters are a great help, and they push you so you can achieve your goal, and you'll probably be in the DEP for a quite a while, so you'll have time to get the weight off.