PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Eddie01
06-28-09, 03:16 PM
Hi i am just curious if Marines are allowed to use supplement like creatine and protein drinks to get stronger or if it would make you fail any of the tests they give you. I am leaving in less than a year and wanna make sure i am going to be in the best shape to make boot camp a little bit easier and was wondering if taking this kinda stuff would help me out of make me fail tests? Thanks.

Alisium
06-28-09, 03:23 PM
Just about anything you buy at GNC you can buy in well-stocked PX. And if you can buy it in a PX it's all legal.

I used to have buddies that would spend $100's on supps and fill up a whole sea-bag for deployment.

IMHO, don't get started down that road. Your body is already an impressive machine and with the right work and diet you can truly become a green amphibious monster.

Adding all that schit just is too much of a potential for health or dependency problems. Especially when Marines start doing stupid things like take Ripped Fuel before humps.

Supersquishy
06-28-09, 03:24 PM
Protien is fine, Creatine I have heard mixed reviews on Blood Pressure, I know it works for me but my BP was on the high side while taking it, once off of it for a few weeks my BP went back to normal levels, strange I know. But it did put on muscle and added strength.

PS Take protien supps about 20-30 minutes after a hard workout thats when your body starts to consume. Look up bodybuilding.com it has great nutritional facts on supps.

Eddie01
06-28-09, 03:27 PM
Ya it all depend on what you take because some stuff can be bad for your liver and other organs but i jus wanna use it for a limited time jus to get ready for boot camp.

I just didn't know if i would fail my test because i remember at MEPS they test for your levels of protein and stuff like that.

Alisium
06-28-09, 03:28 PM
I took creatin and worked out like a mofo, only to get fat.

The only thing I like was ultimate orange (no longer available) I pt for like five or six hours non stop on that schit and testrophenol, which is like a steroid light...gave me rage issues. I don't think that's available anymore either.

Lisa 23
06-28-09, 03:28 PM
Try using the search bar first.......

Supplements: Understanding what you put in your body...
https://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=227373

================================================== ===

Creatine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine
================================================== ====

My advice, stay away from creatine. Take care of your body the natural way. If you want to bulk up, do it naturally just by going to the gym.

Eddie01
06-28-09, 03:32 PM
Sorry i didn't realize there was already a topic about it sorry about that.

Ya right now i am just working out naturally and trying to eat right but eating right is really hard for me since right now i am working at Wendy's.

Supersquishy
06-28-09, 03:35 PM
The only thing I like was ultimate orange (no longer available)

Try NO-Xplode.

Eddie01
06-28-09, 03:37 PM
I used NO-XPLODE a long time ago for like a week it gave me bad headaches and sometimes i would get dizzy and the taste was disgusting (orange) but that could just be my personal experience i hear all supplements work different with different people.

Supersquishy
06-28-09, 03:44 PM
I used NO-XPLODE a long time ago for like a week it gave me bad headaches and sometimes i would get dizzy and the taste was disgusting (orange) but that could just be my personal experience i hear all supplements work different with different people.

Your probably not a coffee drinker, First thing is to make sure your diet is on track, keep working out good, then add protien if you think your intake of protien is not enough, I cant remember the ratio, but Tuna Fish is one excellent soarse. Drink Lots of H2O. Remember Supps are just that, supplements to your diet. It doesnt mean squat if your diet is not in check. I like the 5x5 weight lift excersise, what do you do?

Supersquishy
06-28-09, 03:51 PM
Forgot to add, a couple of supps are real good for you, vitamins, Fish oil (omega 3) and or Flaxseeed oil (again Omega 3).

Lisa 23
06-28-09, 03:53 PM
Your probably not a coffee drinker, First thing is to make sure your diet is on track, keep working out good, then add protien if you think your intake of protien is not enough, I cant remember the ratio, but Tuna Fish is one excellent soarse. Drink Lots of H2O. Remember Supps are just that, supplements to your diet. It doesnt mean squat if your diet is not in check. I like the 5x5 weight lift excersise, what do you do?
I agree.....:thumbup:
And you don't have to be Lou Ferrigno or Arnold Schwarzenegger (former body builders) going into boot camp. Just be in shape by doing sensible workouts.

Eddie01
06-28-09, 04:06 PM
Ya right now i jus do basic push ups, sit ups, run, bench, curls, pull downs, leg extensions and leg curls, and shrugs. I am not a coffee or caffeine drinker at all i try to just drink as much water and milk as i can.I cut out pop and other caffeine drinks about 6 months ago, so i could focus on becoming healthier and stronger.

I don't wanna be a huge ripped body builder im just looking to get stronger and in better shape than im in now so that way boot camp can be a little bit eaisier on me.

Alisium
06-28-09, 04:25 PM
Another thing to think about, motivator.

If you're using supps to get stronger you're body will be stronger because of them. When you go to recruit training you won't have those supps and you'll lose a huge chunk of those gains because of the supps.

End result, you'll feel week in recruit training.

ameriken
06-28-09, 04:54 PM
I agree with all the other Marines here about diet.

In Boot Camp, all you're gonna have is good ol' food.

Long before supplements became available, hundreds of thousands of us have made it fine through Boot Camp living solely on food. You're already doing well by avoiding the junk food and coffee. You can save a ton of money avoiding all the supplements and instead invest it in a healthy diet, maybe add in a good multivitamin and perhaps what squishy suggested.

In fact, with a well rounded diet you may not even need any supplements at all.

Eddie01
06-28-09, 05:04 PM
That is all very true i think ill just stay natural and do it all on my own and continue to eat and drink healthier foods. Right now all i take is a multivitamin at breakfast ill just stick with that and continue to work out. Thanks for the input it really helped!

Sergeant M
06-28-09, 11:34 PM
You should get completely ripped out of your mind on steroids. It costs like $1600 to test for those roids, so you're pretty safe. Once you get to bootcamp, you'll lose all the extra testosterone and get emotional like a little girl. Just one more challenge ahead of you!

Eddie01
06-28-09, 11:53 PM
Ya that doesn't sound like a good idea at all, will just have to stay away from the steroids. Thanks for the input though.

Sergeant M
06-29-09, 12:01 AM
Best of luck to ya!

JWDevilDog
06-29-09, 04:04 AM
Bulking up prior to boot camp will probably be more detrimental while you are there. Don't take those things, at least not before boot camp. If you want to take if you hit the Fleet, that's on you.

But honestly what you need to focus on is running, push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches/sit-ups. The work out you said you've been doing is perfect.

Again, added muscle mass will possibly just get in the way in boot camp. Focus on your running and nutritious diet.

Get some.