PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question.

NeverQuit
06-26-09, 06:43 PM
Hey I have a buddy who is getting ready to leave for bootcamp in october, he's going into Aviation Mechanics, and has a few questions about his MOS school and whether or not his wife will be able to be present during the evolution. HOw does that school work?

Integrity57
06-26-09, 09:42 PM
DISCLAIMER! THIS IS FROM MY EXPERIENCE, **** MAY HAVE CHANGED!

If he's going to be a Structural Mechanic his actual schooling is only 6 weeks long, but there's no telling how long he'll be on barracks support, it could be a couple months. Then he'll be going to school with Sailors who have the same MOS/Rate, although they class up 20 Marines to 5 Sailors (last time I checked), so Marines move through the training pipline faster then Sailors

The wife issue is a weird one, I know Sailors who are married have had their spouses move here and were giving housing on base and they didnt live in the barracks but I'm not sure how the Corps handles it, it may just be easier for your friend to wait until he gets to his first duty station and have his wife move there. Once again this is from my personal experience and knowledge, things may have changed.

ameriken
06-26-09, 09:46 PM
Just a thought...why not have your friend join Leatherneck so we can meet him and answer him directly? :beer: