PDA

View Full Version : Looking for company clerk, H&S, 3/5, Jan 1970-Aug 1970

yhetti
06-26-09, 02:53 PM
I am looking for the former company clerk of H&S, 3/5. We met when I got back in country for the second time in January of 1970. I ran the radio repair section along with another Sgt. named Ray Fuchs. There were only two techs instead of the 7 or so we were suppose to have (doesn't that sound familiar) Both Ray and I were from Milwaukee, Wi.

For some reason I remember his name as "Jamie." However due to the ravages of time I cannot remember anything else about him.

I extended because at the time of extension if you rotated back to the world with less than a year left on your enlistment you were eligible for an early out. In December of '69 when I left I had 15 months left. When I left in Aug of '70 I had 8 months left. However you may find this hard to believe but in May 0f '70 Headquarters USMC decided that 2841 (Ground Radio Repair) was a critical MOS and no early outs for that MOS. Such is life hey.

Jamie informed me that NCO school was almost a certainty when I got back to MCRD, San Diego. He suggested I attend school before leaving 'Nam. Thanks Jamie

I have pictures of him which my wife has filed away which means I can't find them -yet if anyone thinks that would help.

Sgt. Tom Keith
2351400/2841
USMC