PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew wings from a different service??

NSXRebel
06-26-09, 02:04 AM
Ok don't give me too much flak for this. I first enlisted in the Corps in '99, got out after 5 yrs. I procrastinated with my reenlistment, and you all know how that goes at the end of the fiscal year with boat spaces. So I got out, and literally next day after my EAS, I was swearing in with the CA Chairforce National Guard.

In the Air Guard, I was aircrew and earned my wings. After a few years, I decided I wanted to keep flying fulltime, and I missed the Corps and was just bored with civilian life. I reenlisted last December. I'm not a good swimmer, even though I can get CWS-2(barely), so I dropped out of Naval Aircrew School, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this question as I would be wearing Naval Aircrew Wings.

My question is, am I authorized to wear aircrew insignia from another service? Most Marines I ask don't know, some say I still rate to wear it, a few say I rate to wear the wings on the opposite pocket.

I've seen many service members that have crossed different services and they wear their Jump Wings, Dive badges, etc. A friend I met in the Air Guard was a former Marine, and he wore his Combat Aircrew Wings in his airforce uniform (he's now in the Army!)

I know I'll never get to fly in the Marine Corps, but I would still love to be able to show I earned my wings, albeit in another service. I had close to 600 combat hours just from one deployment with the guard.

Thanks for any help.

Semper Gumby

Petz
06-26-09, 09:59 AM
been in 10 years as a Cpl? fix your profile and someone will be along to help you out.

you need to add all that info you just posted... attempt to have your date gap in there.

NSXRebel
06-26-09, 11:10 AM
been in 10 years as a Cpl? fix your profile and someone will be along to help you out.

you need to add all that info you just posted... attempt to have your date gap in there.

Was out 4 yrs, just got back in. Unfortunately I lost all my time in grade. That's the rank I got out as, and that's what the Corps would take me back as.

FistFu68
06-26-09, 11:21 AM
:evilgrin: Thats a Big Negatory on your last,no!!!Not able 2 wear Your Air Guard Aircrew badge on USMC uniform.But it will look tight in Your shadow Box.10/4 I'm out~~~~~~:usmc: :iwo:

NSXRebel
06-26-09, 11:29 AM
:evilgrin: Thats a Big Negatory on your last,no!!!Not able 2 wear Your Air Guard Aircrew badge on USMC uniform.But it will look tight in Your shadow Box.10/4 I'm out~~~~~~:usmc: :iwo:

My Gunny just found the reg. According to him and the reg, I am authorized to wear it. It was an authorized qualification I had earned in the Air Force. Looks like I have to wear it on the right breast.

f. Other U.S. service pilot/navigator insignia or foreign pilot insignia
earned while the individual was a member of the foreign or other U.S. service
may be worn provided the insignia is a duly authorized qualification
insignia. These insignia may be worn on the right breast, in the same manner
as Navy/Marine Corps insignia are worn on the left breast, without specific
CMC authorization.

Petz
06-26-09, 11:30 AM
I mean to make it show in your profile

NSXRebel
06-26-09, 11:34 AM
I mean to make it show in your profile

Will do. I'm heading back to my shop, will update later today. SSgt, I see some posters have banners that show their rank and awards, who makes those? Or do I have o photochop my own?

Petz
06-26-09, 11:35 AM
click on them... they should redirect you.

FistFu68
06-26-09, 11:39 AM
:usmc: The times they are a Changing,so why can't Marines wear a Ranger Tab on our Utes Blouse??? :confused: :iwo:

NSXRebel
06-30-09, 03:20 AM
click on them... they should redirect you.

Made my own with Photoshop. Thanks!