PDA

View Full Version : North Korea

Colome D J
06-25-09, 02:29 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to put this exactly but it's one of the few forum sections open to me so I thought I might give it a shot. I've been following the situation with NK since Feburary when NK decided they were going to test their missle out in May. And they carried out their test despites the UN's disaproval and the prohibition of missle tests by North Korea since their test in 06'. Now the UN has said that they're going to search ships that are suspected of carrying nucular ordinance. But NK says that will be an act of war. On top of that they are planning another missle test towards Hawaii in July. So basically my question is how likely is it that we are going to war with North Korea?

Supersquishy
06-25-09, 02:49 PM
Heres a thread on the subject; If you can read posts heres a little info.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85691

Colome D J
06-25-09, 03:18 PM
Yeah it wouldn't let me access it. Marines Only I guess. Thanks anyway.

Zulu 36
06-25-09, 03:46 PM
Politics are not supposed to be discussed in the poolee forum. I cannot answer your question fully without entering into prohibited topics.

To answer your question briefly, the chances of going to war with North Korea all depend on a number of factors including whether North Korea is serious or just making noise, whether China will pull their leash back, whether our current president will preemptively surrender to N. Korea or not, etc.

Personally I think N. Korea is just making a lot of noise hoping we will preemptively surrender. China does not want to get into a shooting war over N. Korea again unless and until circumstances fully favor China. Those circumstance do not exist right now.

Make no mistake, N. Korea will not do anything China does not approve. Dear Leader the Elder will quickly find himself a past tense if he does something China considers dangerously stupid. Nothing personal, just business, you understand.