PDA

View Full Version : I met Joeinville last night.

Achped
06-24-09, 11:36 PM
Pretty cool guy. His barracks were infested with privates on firewatch in charlies though rofl.

Joe told me he was one of those guys who didn't really understand why I hated the Marine Corps so much. He thought I was making it all up or something. Definitely a motivator.

His foot is pretty ****ed up. He told me he's got screws and stuff in it.

Now, he's about to be med-sep'd and he knows what its like to just have to bend over and take the green weenie.

I'm not going to throw any more of his business out there but trust me, this guy got the ultimate deep pole-like shaft more than I've ever known from his seniors. And he's STILL ****ed he's getting out.

What is it I always hear everyone say? We take care of our own? Rigghhttt.... Marines have helped me. But they were ones that were already out.

Anyways, his room was clean and he had a haircut. He would have made you all proud!

bgsuwoody
06-25-09, 01:11 AM
I know its sometimes hard to get excited about a desk job :)

ArtyOps
06-25-09, 05:57 AM
Pretty cool guy. His barracks were infested with privates on firewatch in charlies though rofl.

Joe told me he was one of those guys who didn't really understand why I hated the Marine Corps so much. He thought I was making it all up or something. Definitely a motivator.

His foot is pretty ****ed up. He told me he's got screws and stuff in it.

Now, he's about to be med-sep'd and he knows what its like to just have to bend over and take the green weenie.

I'm not going to throw any more of his business out there but trust me, this guy got the ultimate deep pole-like shaft more than I've ever known from his seniors. And he's STILL ****ed he's getting out.

What is it I always hear everyone say? We take care of our own? Rigghhttt.... Marines have helped me. But they were ones that were already out.

Anyways, his room was clean and he had a haircut. He would have made you all proud!

He will be taken care of. The are so many Veteran programs. He needs to get out and go see a VFW representative. He may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation, where the VA will send him to college to be whatever he wants without having to use his GI Bill. He will be taken care of.

I know what you mean though. I've had the good and the bad as far as NCO's and Staff NCO's. In a desperate attempt to get away from a MGySgt I actually took orders for a three year accompanied tour in Okinawa (from another Sgt that ahd recieved them). This turned into a huge debacle which lasted over 6 months, involved me spending 4 months on Okinawa without my family, and my family in total spending 6 months without any furniture. Oh, and I ended up right back on Pendleton.

After all that I still think positively on my experience in the Marine Corps. There are a lot of good people and great memories with many friendships that I will take with me forever.

Pete0331
06-25-09, 06:43 AM
He will be taken care of. The are so many Veteran programs. He needs to get out and go see a VFW representative. He may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation, where the VA will send him to college to be whatever he wants without having to use his GI Bill. He will be taken care of.

Scratch that. He needs to see a VFW, DAV, and VA representative now to get the ball rolling.

ArtyOps
06-25-09, 06:52 AM
Absolutely. Thank you for the correction.

Pete0331
06-25-09, 07:47 AM

You mean he actually gives a crap?
Did you show him how to wear a boonie?

thewookie
06-25-09, 07:52 AM
Did you show him how to wear a boonie?

That's nice.;)

echo3oscar1833
06-25-09, 07:58 AM
Honestly he will probably be alright, I was that kind of guy as well, I loved the Marine Corps, and to this day I would probably still be in, but the powers of medical deduction, and what not forced...

Wyoming
06-25-09, 02:02 PM
You didn't kiss him did you?

Oh wait, that have been Accord!!

Integrity57
06-25-09, 04:35 PM
Unless Joe has been in the Corps for 12 months and paid off his GI Bill he won't get anything when he gets out. I met a PFC at TAPS class who was being Med Sep'd and had only been in 7 months, they sent him home with a couple hundred dollars in his pocket and that was it.

Petz
06-25-09, 05:07 PM
Integrity57... what the hell do you know?

if you get medically sep'd none of that matters... you are being medically retired not EASing.

there are different rules, and with the new GI bill he will rate, and he should get a decent percentage of that.

WKranz
06-25-09, 08:04 PM
SSgt, I may be getting lied to, but some guys where im at (wounded warrior in san Diego) are not getting anything.

The ones I have all heard say that are getting out for mental health reasons, schizophrenia, bipolar etc. Its possible they may have no idea either and just be talking to talk.

Petz
06-25-09, 08:27 PM
well currently the new program isn't in effect until what september?? so they aren't being lied to... they just are being told about their current program.

the new one will give you a percentage of the full benefits depending on how long you were on active duty.... 3 years gets you full benefits.

you can probably google it to get the whole story.

a med sep doesn't disqualify you for the benefits... just limits your amount.

echo3oscar1833
06-25-09, 08:31 PM
SSgt, I may be getting lied to, but some guys where im at (wounded warrior in san Diego) are not getting anything.

The ones I have all heard say that are getting out for mental health reasons, schizophrenia, bipolar etc. Its possible they may have no idea either and just be talking to talk.

The SSgt is Correct it all comes down to time served, and the programs avaliable at that current time. Yes the New GI Bill(Post 9/11) will be in effect for all members who served 90 days or more with at least a honorable d. I got lucky Im finishing my chapter 30 in Sept, and swith over to the new one for 12 months. They pay BAH to, saweeeet!!!:D

However, medical reasons, for the most part (not always) do qualify you for certian VA Medical Health Care, Benifits, Comp, or Disablity. Just have to do the research, and find out what you are entitled to. SF

Integrity57
06-25-09, 08:35 PM
Integrity57... what the hell do you know?

if you get medically sep'd none of that matters... you are being medically retired not EASing.

there are different rules, and with the new GI bill he will rate, and he should get a decent percentage of that.

I know because I'm also being medically seperated from the Navy, I was just giving an example and going on what I've learned going through the process of getting out myself.

Achped
06-25-09, 08:47 PM
What the hell man. Maybe I need to be a motivator. Why is it everyone who wants to stay in gets out and everyone who wants to get out stays in?

This makes 3 just on this forum within the past month.

oorah, semper fidelis, yut, high and tight, err!

Waiting.......maybe I need to take my "Days till my EAS" count out of my signature.

Petz
06-25-09, 09:00 PM
that's a long time you got there motivator... you picked up Cpl quick... keep that trash up and you'll want to stay in 'cause you have a year TIG of Sgt.... Sgt achped.... hmmm

ecfree
06-25-09, 09:02 PM
that's a long time you got there motivator... you picked up Cpl quick... keep that trash up and you'll want to stay in 'cause you have a year TIG of Sgt.... Sgt achped.... hmmm
Now that has a nice sound to it......:thumbup:

Achped
06-25-09, 11:01 PM
Oh God...Sgt Achped.

Gunny Achped LOLOLOL

Oh boy, I kinda wanna stay in, just so I can be a gunny and still be like "**** the Marine Corps man...this is bull****" lolololol

But once you reenlist you can't ***** ever again. You know what you were getting into...again.

echo3oscar1833
06-25-09, 11:03 PM
Oh God...Sgt Achped.

Gunny Achped LOLOLOL

Oh boy, I kinda wanna stay in, just so I can be a gunny and still be like "**** the Marine Corps man...this is bull****" lolololol

But once you reenlist you can't ***** ever again. You know what you were getting into...again.

Sgt Achped, closet motivator:D

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 05:03 AM
Integrity57,
I take it though that you've never heard of the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

DocGreek
06-26-09, 07:18 AM
WHO THE FVCK IS JOEINVILLE??? AND, what Ville is he in?? FOUR pages of POSTS about NOTHING!!....got nothing BETTER to DO??

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 07:26 AM
I have nothing better to do. Joeinville is a member here. He and Apched are on the same base. They met. BTW, They get you on Quaaludes yet Doc? :)

DocGreek
06-26-09, 07:44 AM
ARTY....IF he's a member here....WHERE'S his PROFILE??? Beginning to think there's a couple of limp wrists looking to "meat-up"!!!....DOC

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 07:56 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=50465

LOL, Meat up, I've never heard that one but I'm using it.

Petz
06-26-09, 08:47 AM
achped... no one said you can't ***** about the dumb people... you just can't say "my recruiter lied to me..." anymore. I don't think you do that.

remember, a *****ing Marine is a Happy Marine.

Quinbo
06-26-09, 08:47 AM
Doc! Joeinville is a hard charging infantry Marine from 3rd Marines. He was severely injured in a training accident and may be permanately disabled because of it. Our discussions come to the conclusion that he really is upset that he may not be able to deploy with his fellow Marines. As Matt said he swung by to see how he was doing and was complimentary on his continued motivation. Read the thread from start to finish before you go bumping your gums.

You really do need to have your meds adjusted.

Pete0331
06-26-09, 08:59 AM
No offense SSgt, but I hate that saying. <br />
<br />
A *****ing Marine is *****ing because someone taught him that it was ok to do so. <br />
It is incredibly unprofessional in any form. <br />
It also can lead a Marine...

Petz
06-26-09, 09:07 AM
I'm using it in another context.

a Marine is allowed to ***** when the job/task is done.... I don't tolerate *****ing before my order is carried out.

now, if it's *****ing about something he/she can't control then I see your point... that kind of *****ing is very dangerous to quell as that is the only way some Marines can blow off steam about how fvcked up something is getting done but don't want to complain to the chain...

Integrity57
06-26-09, 09:16 AM
Integrity57,
I take it though that you've never heard of the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Yes Sgt, I've heard of it, though I don't know the specifics of it and don't know when it takes effect, I was stating what I know from my experience thus far, I'm not saying it God's word.

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 09:26 AM
Yes Sgt, I've heard of it, though I don't know the specifics of it and don't know when it takes effect, I was stating what I know from my experience thus far, I'm not saying it God's word.

So your just going to tell him he doesn't get anything and leave it at that? At least throw a disclaimer in there saying you're not 100% sure of what you're saying. The VA will start paying out benefits on 1 August 2009. (I will start college 31 August 2009).

This is seriously good reading and I encourage everyone to read up on as much information about this as possible.

http://www.gibill.va.gov/documents/Post-911_Eligibility_and_Payments.pdf

http://www.gibill.va.gov/documents/Post-911_General_Info.pdf

There is some info for you to read up on. It's a great plan unless you come from one of those states that pays for your college already. Then you would stick with the MGIB and get paid anyway.

DocGreek
06-26-09, 10:09 AM
PLEASE...if any of you can access Joeinville's profile....let me know...I can't find it!!

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 10:25 AM
Doc, I posted a link to it on the last page. If you can't access it in via that link then look in Achped's profile and look at his friends.

DocGreek
06-26-09, 10:43 AM
THANKS...NUMBNUTS!!!! Why wouldn't "our" search pick up his Profile??? HE HAS MY 100% SUPPORT...NO MATTER WHAT!!!!....so do you!!!

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 10:45 AM
:beer:I have your support until you read what I typed in the other thread.

Wyoming
06-26-09, 02:00 PM
PLEASE...if any of you can access Joeinville's profile....let me know...I can't find it!!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=50465

Integrity57
06-26-09, 02:16 PM
So your just going to tell him he doesn't get anything and leave it at that? At least throw a disclaimer in there saying you're not 100% sure of what you're saying.

I didn't tell him anything, I was just throwing out some information I had learned about the CURRENT GI Bill, not the post 9/11 GI Bill.

ArtyOps
06-26-09, 02:24 PM
Ok then

Achped
06-26-09, 04:33 PM
I'm actually not as stupid as most Marines are. I didn't get &quot;taught&quot; to *****, I picked it up on my own. You know, growing up, going to school, having a few jobs doesn't really teach you to wake up...

Fizzer
06-26-09, 06:13 PM
I'm actually not as stupid as most Marines are. I didn't get "taught" to *****, I picked it up on my own. You know, growing up, going to school, having a few jobs doesn't really teach you to wake up at 5:30am to pick up leaves on a Sunday and be happy about it...even mother****ing extra duty Marines have Sundays off. What the ****?

Oh, SSgt, no I never once said my recruiter lied to me. She did once though, she told me the weather at Parris Island from June July and August was "Beautiful". (Her words)

LOL

Son, you should have served when Jimmy Carter was the boss. It was "The Suck" big time.

But, wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything else.