PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION!! Parents of son's wanting Recon!!!

MotoDad
06-24-09, 07:13 PM
Effective 30 Sept 2009, all UZ contracts (0321 Recon) will be for a five (5) year enlistment ONLY, with a $7,500 bonus if the individual completes BRC and is awarded the PMOS 0321....

Currently (and until Sept 30, 2009) the UZ contract only requires a four (4) year enlistment, with a $10,000 bonus upon completion of BRC....

Moral of the Story:

If your son is truly committed to trying-out for Reconnaissance with a UZ/0321 contract, it would be HIGHLY advisable for his recruiter to set-up a ship-date for Boot Camp BEFORE Sept. 30 of this year......

Just a little over 3 months left of the 4-year / $10,000 contracts!

Good luck to all of your son's!!!!!!! :thumbup:

mamamarie
10-10-09, 06:37 PM
Is this available to reservists too? All this is fuzzy to me. New to Military other than being an Army brat.

kdavis
10-25-09, 01:56 PM
god what is everyones fascination with recon. everyone wants to be a freakin sniper because they have seen jarhead or played video games. its just an unrealistic idea really for the vast majority of these recruits/poolees.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 02:21 PM
god what is everyones fascination with recon. everyone wants to be a freakin sniper because they have seen jarhead or played video games. its just an unrealistic idea really for the vast majority of these recruits/poolees.

Sorry there wannabee, but who died and made you God!!

usmcmsf
10-25-09, 02:22 PM

Why don't you be quit, you don't even know what it takes to be a Marine yet let alone recon etc. Poolees can aspire to be whatever they want, and you have no room to question them on it or make any remarks what so ever because you havent accomplished anything. Carry on.

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:40 PM
I think what you meant to say was be "quiet". Wow that was a very cliche response from a Marine as yourself, rushing to conclusions and verbally abusing people. I haven't accomplished anything? Your only a private first class, don't let your head get too big.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 02:51 PM
I think what you meant to say was be "quiet". Wow that was a very cliche response from a Marine as yourself, rushing to conclusions and verbally abusing people. I haven't accomplished anything? Your only a private first class, don't let your head get too big.

Your disrespect, especially in the Marine Family forum is inexcusable.

Now unass yourself from the AO.

Oh yeah, I got more respect for an E-3 than I do for most 0-1, 2 or 3's.

That ****y assed E-3, with his head square on his shoulders, could twist your civvy ass in such ways your crap would come out looking like a pretzel.

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:58 PM
Wow thats impressive, the pretzel thing. You should put that on a resume.

Zulu 36
10-25-09, 03:05 PM
kdavis:

usmcmsf ONLY a PFC? He outranks you in more than one department.

Try disobeying a PFC placed in command over you as a Private and see what happens. I guarantee every other PFC, LCpl, NCO, and Officer on the planet will be on that PFC's side.

Oh yeah, first you have to become a Marine to have ANY room to criticize a PFC of Marines for anything.

This was a post by a Marine Parent for other Marine Parents, not for wanna-be's. I think the vote is unanimous. Be QUIET and go elsewhere.

fmwright
10-25-09, 03:06 PM

Son you need to learn a bit of respect. That chevron he is displaying is a Lance Corporal, not a PFC. Another thing, nobody likes a spelling nazi. Me'thinks he just missed a keystroke.

kdavis
10-25-09, 03:15 PM
I hate spelling nazi's too, yet you Marines are the first to say something about a mispelled word. Wierd?

Supersquishy
10-25-09, 03:21 PM
Dude, shut-up already.

commdog7
10-25-09, 07:14 PM
The thing is kdavis doesn't understand that it will only take one phone call to make sure he never becomes a Marine. He thinks he can be as disrespectful as he wants online and nothing will affect him. One phone call, and I can guarantee you you will be spending 3-5 long months in boot camp, but you will not graduate. We can make your life miserable, don't tempt us.

Respect is earned, not given. The way this kid talks to Marines, he deserves to get his teeth bashed in. I hope his DI's beat the sh!t out of him before they kick him out.

BruceLee
10-25-09, 08:15 PM

wow I cant believe my eyes,you make all poolees look bad and please before you ship learn your ranks...anyways Im just saying I dont mean any disrespect

eleventen32
10-25-09, 08:51 PM
I agree with BruceLee. kdavis you are way out of line. You do not make all poolees look bad. You only make yourself look bad. You are an idiot for insulting Marines, especially on a website where they give advice to us poolees.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 08:55 PM
I agree with BruceLee. kdavis you are way out of line. You do not make all poolees look bad. You only make yourself look bad. You are an idiot for insulting Marines, especially on a website where they give advice to us poolees.

Countdown!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, blastoff, and another one goes away.

BTW poolee, we read ALL of your posts. Nuff said!

usmcmsf
10-25-09, 09:06 PM
Wish I was on here sooner to get in the action, guees I didn't need to, thanks Marines. The coward erased his profile, and wont allow any messages. I'm sure he won't make it.

usmcdanno
10-25-09, 09:09 PM
Ease back on this kid Marines. He has a point. Everybody "thinks" they wanna be a "recon Marine". The truth and reality is that it isn't a very glamorous job, believe me.

I find it hard to believe that they guarantee anybody that they'll be a recon Marine. WTF is a UZ contract? One thing I can guarantee you is that even if you do become a "recon" Marine, chances are you won't like it. What you're being "guaranteed" is the 03 MOS which is a grunt (infantry). The high attrition rate of recon candidates dictates that chances are slim that the above average Marine will make it that far.

That's what recon Marines are (well trained/equipped) grunts. IF you make it through bootcamp, IF you make it through MCT, then you might be guaranteed a shot at recon. That by no means "guarantees" that you'll successfully pass the other stringent screening process of being a "recon" Marine.

No one gets any kind of bonus until you successfully complete; (1) bootcamp, (2), MCT, (3) your MOS school. If you think you wanna be "recon", you have a long, hard road ahead of you. Basic Reconnaisance School (BRC) is a mother even if you do make it through the priors listed above. You will not receive a "bonus" until you complete all of the long hard training mentioned.

Bottom line is: if you're joining the Marine Corps to be Ricky recon, and more importantly if you're joining for a bonus, you are joining for all the wrong reasons.

My advice to you all is as follows:

Motodad, don't try to post "information" on here that you have no clue about. Disinformation is a very bad, contagious thing. Young men contemplating joining the Marine Corps are already enough disillusioned.

Commdog, don't threaten people about their success/failure in the Marine Corps, you basically don't know squat.

And, most importantly:

Kdavis, you certainly need to learn some respect for those who have gone before you, regardless the rank. You really don't know Jack squat and it would behoove you to CAPITALIZE God's name. Even more important that capitalizing the word "Marine".

Semper Fi,
Gunnery Sergeant Dan Canipe

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 09:11 PM
Wish I was on here sooner to get in the action, guees I didn't need to, thanks Marines. The coward erased his profile, and wont allow any messages. I'm sure he won't make it.
I believe it wasn't him who erased his profile.....http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/whistle.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

usmcmsf
10-25-09, 09:21 PM
I believe it wasn't him who erased his profile.....http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/whistle.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Lol, well the good news is she is gone.

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 09:25 PM
Lol, well the good news is she is gone.
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but it was a he.

usmcmsf
10-25-09, 09:30 PM
I stand by my statement

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 09:34 PM
Gotcha! http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/icon_thumright.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

commdog7
10-26-09, 09:13 AM
USMCDANNO- So you don't think I'm such a horrible person (as well as the other Marines here), you should see what kdavis posted in the thread 'quick question'. Each and every post by him has been criticizing Marines and he has p!ssed a lot of us off. Someone needs to take him out to the treeline.

He lied about his information, turns out he isn't a poolee. I don't know who he is, but he isn't who he says he is. One thing's for sure, he's here to cause trouble.

Lisa 23
10-26-09, 09:40 AM
Commdog...didn't know if you knew that that thread has since been removed, which is a good thing.

commdog7
10-26-09, 09:48 AM
That's news to me. That thread was evil, I'm happy it's gone as well as that turd who started it.