PDA

View Full Version : New requirements for Recon / UZ contracts.....

MotoDad
06-24-09, 05:04 PM
Just found this:

www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN0285-09.aspx (http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN0285-09.aspx)

In summary, it requires all recruits with a 0321 UZ recon-contract to serve (5) years active duty (only 4 years is required at present).....

Also, for those who successfully complete the BRC course and earn the PMOS 0321, the enlistment-bonus is being reduced from the current $10,000 to only $7,500......

This new program goes into effect on 30 Sept 2009.....meaning all recruits who ship-out to Boot Camp (begin active-duty) on 30 Sept 09 or after, are subject to this new policy.....

The MARADMIN states that these steps are necessary because the Corps has determined it takes an average of 10.3 months to fully train a Recon Marine and that due to the current shortage of Recon Marines in the Fleet, the Corps needs to keep these men for a longer period of time....

I know some of you Marines advise poolee's about Recon requirements, so I thought I would post this here for your info.....as a Parent, I am not authorized to post in "Poolee Hall" or "Ask a Marine"......

Sure makes me glad my son is now in Boot Camp with a UZ contract and is subject to the current 4-year / $10,000 terms and conditions! :thumbup:

Achped
06-24-09, 07:38 PM
Definitely, I know a few Marines with those 5 year contracts and all their friends are gone but here they remain. Field daying and painting rocks just like everyone else ;)