PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice! Poolie going in Sept. 8th

LClark
06-24-09, 04:15 PM
I have a Boot Camp date of September 8th and I'm having trouble doing my pull-ups & need to lose 10-15 pounds. I go to morning PT every morning also go to a gym in the afternoon or evening. My ship weight is 207 and I weight 211. If I could get some help with some advice. Does anyone know of any weight loss gear that works well?

mdoorah
06-24-09, 04:21 PM
cardio, run, run until you puke. I leave here in 20 days and ive been running everyday. ive lost 15 pounds.

dont go to the gym, you dont want to bulk up you need to slim down bikes, swim, run thats about it

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 04:33 PM
Poolees....you're in the WRONG section of the boards. I suggest you take this to the Poolee section. This section if for MARINES ONLY

Read these rules.........
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

and read these rules............
Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

and LClark, fill out ALL of your profile.

killbodies3027
06-24-09, 04:50 PM
Do what every Marine should excel at: running. Cardio is the best thing for your body. It's also the fastest way to cut weight. Make sure you sweat a lot when you run. If you aren't sweating, because it's cooler in the morning or for whatever reason, wear a sweatshirt to keep your core warm. I wouldn't suggest wearing anything on your head because that can be dangerous.

You only have 4 pounds to lose which is easily attainable in a week, let alone 2+ months. Just suck it up and burn that fat. If you really want to be a Marine, you'll make weight.

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 04:53 PM
This IS NOT the Poolee section. :mad:

ameriken
06-24-09, 05:04 PM
Poolees: this is the proper forum to ask a question of Marines:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

And as you've already been warned: read the rules!!!

LClark
06-24-09, 05:25 PM
I apologize Sir I'll open a new Thread in the correct poolie area!

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 05:29 PM
I apologize Sir I'll open a new Thread in the correct poolie area!
I hope you're not calling me Sir.......:mad:

fireandice
06-24-09, 06:58 PM
shut the hell up pfc...****...he doesnt know yet...leave him..he'll learn... u cant be all up on his ass if he doesnt know..he's never gonna learn like that

Gunner614
06-24-09, 07:04 PM
Fireandice, with all due respect, his profile is more filled out than yours.

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:11 PM
But anyways...To the poolee with the question...cut back on your diet...no sodas...less milk...If you're really dedicated do what i did...I ran 3-8 miles a night..lost 40 pounds in 3 months..any more questions just ask

BR34
06-24-09, 07:14 PM
Fireandice, with all due respect, his profile is more filled out than yours.

Are you f*cking sh*tting me?!?!

You've been here for a while. YOU KNOW BETTER!

There is no ****ing excuse for you to post here. And instead of trying to police Marines you need to be policing your fellow poolees/wannabes.

But before you do either, get the hell out of here!

BR34
06-24-09, 07:16 PM
shut the hell up pfc...****...he doesnt know yet...leave him..he'll learn... u cant be all up on his ass if he doesnt know..he's never gonna learn like that

Garcia, these poolees should all know to read the rules of this site. I think it may even TELL them to do so before posting, when they first register here. They are expected to follow those rules, no exceptions.

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:25 PM
Garcia, these poolees should all know to read the rules of this site. I think it may even TELL them to do so before posting, when they first register here. They are expected to follow those rules, no exceptions.

Cpl, It wasn't about what he posted...It was about the PFC who told the poolee to not call him "sir".

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 07:29 PM
Watch it there 19 year old LCpl......Yeah, I may be a measly ol' PFC, but I'm also 44 years old and I've been out of the Marine Corps 20 years now.
If LClark can't take me being all up on his a$$ for not following simple forum rules, how the hell is he ever going to make it through boot camp with his Drill Instructors getting all up on his a$$.

Rules were made here at Leatherneck.com by the Admin of this site for wannabes and poolees to be followed, not broken!

Phantom Blooper
06-24-09, 07:30 PM
Damn...I wouldn't call HER sir...either!:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 07:31 PM
Cpl, It wasn't about what he posted...It was about the PFC who told the poolee to not call him "sir".
If YOU'd bother to look at my profile, you'll see that I'm NOT no Sir.

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:35 PM
Watch it there 19 year old LCpl......Yeah, I may be a measly ol' PFC, but I'm also 44 years old and I've been out of the Marine Corps 20 years now.
If LClark can't take me being all up on his a$$ for not following simple forum rules, how the hell is he ever going to make it through boot camp with his Drill Instructors getting all up on his a$$.

Rules were made here at Leatherneck.com by the Admin of this site for wannabes and poolees to be followed, not broken!

I understand that part...and my name and rank have nothing to do with this... I'm just saying let him live his last moments as a civilian while he still can, because once he gets shipped out... He's never gonna be the same...Let him enjoy his life while he still can..Like u and I both know...The Marine Corps is one helluva place

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 07:40 PM
My point to LClark is that Open Squad Bay is for Marines to post in, not wannabes and pooles. They have their own forum, which us Marines have been locked out of for the past few days, maybe even a week now.
That's my point.

When this young man goes to boot camp and EARNS the title, then he can come back here and post in Open Squad Bay with his fellow brother and sister Marines,....but until then, they should all stay in the wannabe and poolee forum.

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:47 PM
If YOU'd bother to look at my profile, you'll see that I'm NOT no Sir.

lol..sorry...I just don't like going into people's private information..I see that you're a female now..lol..sorry again

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:48 PM
My point to LClark is that Open Squad Bay is for Marines to post in, not wannabes and pooles. They have their own forum, which us Marines have been locked out of for the past few days, maybe even a week now.
That's my point.

When this young man goes to boot camp and EARNS the title, then he can come back here and post in Open Squad Bay with his fellow brother and sister Marines,....but until then, they should all stay in the wannabe and poolee forum.

True True...It was just a big misunderstanding

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 07:51 PM
lol..sorry...I just don't like going into people's private information..I see that you're a female now..lol..sorry again
There's nothing private about my info....we're all asked to post that info when we register for an account here at Leatherneck.com so others know who they are talking to.

All is good now....... :thumbup: :beer:

Semper Fi Marine!

ecfree
06-24-09, 07:53 PM
Hey firedance,profiles are public viewing info for members of leatherneck.com....:marine:
I think you should apoligize to our sister,like the gentleman that you are...;)

fireandice
06-24-09, 07:54 PM
;):yes::no: