PDA

View Full Version : Shut Down Osprey Production!

SGT-JOHN-ADDY
06-24-09, 10:41 AM
The slugfest over the V-22 Osprey swung into round 10 or so today as Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-NY), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, called for a halt to V-22 production....

Pete0331
06-24-09, 10:56 AM
That is bullcrap. <br />
Desert One failed because of a variety of reasons. <br />
None of which were the capability of the aircraft. <br />
I can understand what he meant by the statement, however. <br />
Since the V-22 is...

Pete0331
06-24-09, 11:28 AM
Additionally,
There was a lot of money invested in this.
The USMC doesn't want to see all that money go down the drain.
But the M-22 hasn't completely taken over the role it was designed for.

Stick this program on the shelf.
All it will take is an Osprey shot down in Afghanistan to ruin the careers of a lot of people.

Integrity57
06-24-09, 09:55 PM
Wasn't there a crash in Yuma, AZ some time back during the Osprey's testing phase that killed a number of Marines?

JohnEaceHunt
06-24-09, 10:44 PM
They won't let the 22 land on a mountain for a combat insertion because 1 bullet in the composite skin will ground the Bird, if it is not shot down in the insertion. They do not have repair kits for bullet holes in v-22 composite skin. 105 built since '88, and only 47 were susposed to be combat ready, but actually only 22 were combat ready on the day they were susposed to be. They land well away from combat in hopes it will not take fire and get shot down. The last I heard was 100 million per Bird. Lot of Beans for someone.

jbravo
06-26-09, 11:49 AM
The blind greed to build this plane has killed alot of good Marines. Those officers who keep pushing for it should be relieved.

Supersquishy
06-26-09, 12:20 PM
Wasn't there a crash in Yuma, AZ some time back during the Osprey's testing phase that killed a number of Marines?

Yup, I saw all 4 of them take off and leave,Me and a couple guys in our shop were on the volunteer list to get a ride in one of those 4 as they were needing a full-load for flight training and needed bodies. The SNCOIC ended up taking us back off the list because our squadron had to work that weekend to catch up on maintenance. While we were working that afternoon-evening we all watched them take off in formation and head out. Sad what we learned the next morning.