PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Parade At The Iwo Jima Memorial

thedrifter
06-24-09, 07:06 AM
Frequent DCist photo contributor Angela Kleis was walking her dog a few weeks ago to their usual park, when suddenly she found herself "surrounded by Marines":
Turns out, they do this every Tuesday from Memorial Day through August. Since I just moved here last August, I missed it before. The band plays and they go through the silent drill, which is damn cool. I could never catch the baton like that! They start practicing around 5:45 p.m.

We asked her to bring her camera the next time she went out to see the Sunset Parade, so now you can check out the Marine Corps goodness in our gallery above, or see them in person tonight.

SUNSET PARADE AT THE IWO JIMA MEMORIAL

7 p.m., Tuesdays, June 9-August 11

U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), Arlington, VA

A one hour performance, the Sunset Parade features the music of "The Commandant's Own", The United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps and precision drill by the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon. There are no public parking spaces available at the Memorial grounds on Parade evenings. Guests may park at the Arlington National Cemetery Visitors' Center. Ride a free shuttle bus service from the visitor center to the war memorial grounds from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. before the parade and from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. following the parade OR you can take the Metro to Arlington Cemetery (blue line). For additional information call 202-433-6060. Inclement weather call will be made at 6:45 p.m. please call 202-433-6060.

http://dcist.com/2009/06/click_click_sunset_parade_at_iwo_ji.php

Ellie