PDA

View Full Version : Self-Discipline

JWG
06-22-09, 08:48 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

Recently the Marines on this site have been prevented from posting in the Poolee Hall. I don't know why, I personally liked them bringing the Marine Corps attitude and mentality to the board, but it has been put a stop to.

We are all pukes. Yes, we have taken the oath of enlistment during a time of war which is respectable, but we also are teenagers (most of us) or at the very least very young. Just because the Marines aren't here to chew are asses anymore, let's not stop the discipline.

We need to keep EACH OTHER in check now. We want to be a Marine, so we must try and mirror their standards and actions while we are here. Honor, Courage, and Commitment. This means keeping each other under those three core values.

Let's not let our threads turn into flames. Take it to a PM. Let's ensure everyone is following the set rules and professionally motivate and help each other. I look forward to hearing about all of your struggles, problems, good times, bad times, and advice throughout this journey. A journey we are all on.. TOGETHER. No Marine, or in this case; Marine Corps Poolee, will be left alone or behind.

So damn proud to be here and be given a chance at this Title. Show some support of this, I'm sure, common goal and feeling with a big "MOTO!!!"

MOTO!!!!!!!!! :evilgrin:

Eldridge0311
06-22-09, 09:02 PM
I agree with you JWG on a lot of the Poolees and wannabes showing disrespect towards the MARINES who come in here to help us out in the first place... kind of bull****.

Just pretty basic read the rules show RESPECT. You come here to get advice or help, not to disrespect these courageous Men and Women who help us out because they want to see US succeed.

So follow the rules and show some respect.

Oh and honestly I think that it should be mandatory for everyone to have a picture up. Just my opinion :/

ChrisWood311
06-22-09, 09:14 PM
Agreed.
I apologize for my part in the little flame war i was involved in.
On a different note, I think spell check should be mandatory before Poolees post. It bugs the hell out of me to see someone spelling like an idiot.

Eldridge0311
06-22-09, 09:43 PM
Agreed.
I apologize for my part in the little flame war i was involved in.
On a different note, I think spell check should be mandatory before Poolees post. It bugs the hell out of me to see someone spelling like an idiot.

If I am not mistaken, if you spell something wrong it underlines it red.....

JSam
06-22-09, 09:52 PM
Eldridge: It only does that using certain web browsers.

JWG: Damn well said, bro.
It's up to us now to make it right.

sbombard15
06-22-09, 10:20 PM
Well said. I would like to add that all questions we cannot answer need to be directed to the Ask A Marine section also.

JSam
06-22-09, 10:43 PM
What are you talking about? We're know-it-all Poolees, haven't you heard? Half of 'us' know more than the Marines on this board... so they think.

JSam
06-22-09, 11:26 PM
And to anyone who may be listening in...

Via PM:

Here's my take.

If the poolees followed the rules, all would be well.

BUT, the rules are not enforced strongly enough.

Enforce the rules, STRONGLY, and there won't be any problem.

Holding their sissy hands and kissing their collective asses is not the answer.

For the record (not that you really care, I'm sure), I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure I understand the whole kicking Marines off a part of the board.. you guys earned your Title, ya'll should be allowed anywhere on here.

:flag:[/quote]

JWG
06-23-09, 12:23 AM
I agree. The Marines are welcome here and I for one miss their honored presence. If poolees and wannabe's on here can't take what they have to say, hit the road.

SSgt Jim Nelson, is there anyway we can have them remove the restriction?

sbombard15
06-23-09, 12:44 AM
Just brain storming here but what if you made the site so when a wannabe/poolee makes an account they must agree to occasional verbal abuse if they are stupid? I would very much like the Marines back in the poolee hall for the people that cant figure out how to post their questions in the Ask A Marine section and to give input every now and then.

JWG
06-23-09, 01:56 AM
Taking Marines out the equation is going to ruin the quality of Poolees and Wannabe's on this website. The essence of Marines weighing in and helping us keep each other in check was definitely the reason that I've stuck around and truly believe made this the best community for Marines and their future men and woman on the internet today.

Many Marines on this site now were once dedicated poolee and wannabe members who came through this same process on the boards. Ask them if they would have gained as much experience and Marine Corps thinking/attitude if they had no Marines involved in their communication on this website. The future of the Marine Corps and members of this online community.

I hope this works out and things go back to normal. No disrespect intended to the administration. Just looking out for not only myself and fellow poolees, but for the community here as a whole.

Books
06-23-09, 10:11 AM
I like that the Marines are on leave for a little while. I think they took it too far with Marine-only threads in a poolee forum that serve zero purpose, yet the poolees are always getting chewed for posting stuff "not related to boot camp". Maybe if they led by example, poolees would be more inclined to follow that example... When the leadership example is a thread spamming crap about poolee songs or making fun of poolees, I don't understand why they are surprised that certain poolees act the way they do.

That being said, I generally like their presence in this forum and usually they are good for keeping people in line and helping develop a more respectful and professional bearing among the civilians.

Books
06-23-09, 10:22 AM
Also.

... Although the Marines like to treat us like crap all of the time and have us hiding under rocks or doing pushups, it was clear that the intent of this forum was for poolees to "mingle" and not have to worry about half of the inane stuff that Marines bring in here. We are not Marines. Not even our recruiters treat us like some boots treat us here. It's not about respect - we all respect Marines, that is why we are in the DEP - so much as it seems that in the real world some Marines here don't get to push anyone around with impunity or never got Drill Instructor as a B-Billet but want to play Drill Instructor on an internet forum. It isn't scary, it is kind of sad when you think about it. I know I am going to get flak for this, but the poolee forum is for poolees - civilians - and I think Marines should respect that and let us carry on as such. If people want to talk about video games... why not? Really, if you don't want to discuss it, don't open the thread. There will be plenty of time for us future Marines to tend to Marine things at boot camp and beyond, but while we are here getting knowledge, why can't we talk casually? I think the Marines should be around to keep poolees professional, but I really don't see why poolees are always hounded for not really anything at all, and mostly for rules that are NOT LISTED ANYWHERE, like the one that I got suspended for such as everything "must be related to boot camp" when half the threads are definitely not about boot camp.

JWG
06-23-09, 10:33 AM
Books-

You make it sound as if we DESERVE our own spot on this forum. It's our RIGHT? Nothing could be farther from the truth! This is THEIR WEBSITE. They were gracious enough to allow us scum to be able to be on the same ".com" as these fine men and women MARINES.

You make it sound like Marines on here are here to SERVE us as moderators. No. We are in THEIR HOME. So if they want to pop in and rag on us or give us a taste of the REAL MARINE CORPS mentality and sarcasm then so be it. If we don't like it, then WE get the hell out, NOT THEM. Frankly I'm surprised a website, "..for USMC Marine Veterans" banned the very same Marine Veterans from a section of THEIR community.

If I walked into your home and then b*tched about how your house was too small, didn't like your food, or what if I said.. hey I don't like you too much.. GET OUT! That's essentially what has been done and frankly it's bullsh*t.

Myself, and others (Books, you too it looks like by post count) been on this site for many years. Supported and referred people I knew in the Corps and people who had questions or were interested. But to be honest, the way things are going; I have to question now. I hope the Marines will be allowed BACK INTO THEIR HOME. It's like we ran into their house and found a room and locked ourselves in. A Marine should never beg to enter a room of their OWN HOUSE.

You want sugarcoating and smiles, go to your recruiting office. They're there to DRAW YOU IN. It's their job to be nice. I can't wait til you go to boot camp and the fleet and tell me you wish the senior Marines would leave you alone and let you "mingle."

sbombard15
06-23-09, 11:00 AM
POOL (ee) HALL A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp.

By definition of this site it is a place to mingle along with asking questions about boot. I personally would like to have a few threads where I could just bs with you guys and get to know you all better.

thedrifter
06-23-09, 11:38 AM
POOL (ee) HALL A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp.

By definition of this site it is a place to mingle along with asking questions about boot. I personally would like to have a few threads where I could just bs with you guys and get to know you all better.

That's Why You have PM and Email system...;)

Remember this This is a Marine Site, which GUESTS(POOLEE'S/FRIENDS/FAMILY are invited to LEARN and Digest Info from the MARINES..

Some of YOU WANABEE'S Show NO RESPECT, Never READ, or Follow Simple RULES....You Did NOT EARN THE TITLE So YOU do not know more than the MARINES...

So check those with Attitudes...somewhere else...

I believe there will be a Better Harmody if those follow the Rules....

Ellie

NOW that said...WE ARE CLOSED