PDA

View Full Version : Need info on mos Combat Engineer

GavinL91
06-21-09, 09:52 PM
I have finally decided that i want to be a combat engineer,which is something that i thought on and looked up.

Can any Marine who has this mos,tell me what it is like doing this job deployed and what to expect and get out of it.

Thanks

Petz
06-22-09, 02:30 AM
deployed... you build stuff... EOD blows stuff up while deployed... there really aren't a lot of situations except in urban combat that you'd be used...

you'd "make" new entries... um... clear buildings (like the grunts... that is if your mission is in-line with this) and you'd build stuff for everyone (many CE guys build stuff)

if you are CE in a wing you do rapid run-way repair... grunts is the clearing buildings and an engineer bn is building things... so it really depends on your units mission.

in garrison you build things and train... yup... not sure what though.

I've seen CE guys just build things... 'course I was only attached to them for a deployment so the garrison stuff is a bit shaky.

hope some of this helps you out, I'm sure a CE Marine will be along to fill in the gaps and correct any mistakes I made (I'm sure there are some)

glad to get an update from you moto..

GavinL91
06-22-09, 09:25 PM
Well,that pretty much gives me an idea.thanks.

Would be cool to find out where the schooling takes place and what goes on at training?

SlingerDun
06-22-09, 10:13 PM
Thats what i would do ifin i were to play the "do it all over again" game: as i've learned it's generally MUCH more useful and practical in this world knowing how to build stuff as opposed to knocking it down.

--->Dave

Petz
06-23-09, 10:52 AM
but you get to do both!

psyclopsus
06-28-09, 01:20 AM
Combat Engineer school is at Courthouse Bay Camp LeJeune North Carolina. It's out by the back gate, and you aren't allowed to bring a car (may have changed in years past.) Be prepared to take the...

GavinL91
06-30-09, 08:25 PM
thanks for the info.I would prefer to do 1371 for a division,because the other two didnt really sound like they would be enjoyable.Would i have to be a math genius,cause i suck at math to tell you the truth.I had to go to summer school to make up Algebra 1 ,lol.

psyclopsus
07-01-09, 06:57 PM
No, you don't have to be a math genius. It took me 3 times to pass Algebra One in high school and my graduation all depended on my Algebra final. The math part of the job is simple and you can carry a small calculator to work out the formulas.

GavinL91
07-01-09, 11:17 PM
whew,thanks Marine,that takes a load off!