PDA

View Full Version : Mos 6531

PooleeWickline
06-21-09, 09:12 PM
My MOS is 6531(Avaition Ordinance Technician) and I know I'll be training at NAS Pensacola, but I don't know how long the training is. I've tried to find it and found plenty of info on my MOS but no time frame. So I was wondering if someone could enlighten. Thanks.

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 09:45 PM
Sence you have your MOS number im guessing your in the reserves? The Marines can not post in here right now for verious reasons, so you might want to do some more google research you should be able to find it out. All I know is that the 60/61/62 school is suppose to be around 9 months or so.

PooleeWickline
06-21-09, 10:10 PM
Sence you have your MOS number im guessing your in the reserves? The Marines can not post in here right now for verious reasons, so you might want to do some more google research you should be able to find it out. All I know is that the 60/61/62 school is suppose to be around 9 months or so.

I'm active. My recruiter wrote a letter of recomendation and it mentioned my mos and stuff. Thanks for the help.

MarinesFTW
06-22-09, 01:07 PM
How do you know your getting this exact MOS?

StrikeQ
06-22-09, 08:31 PM
How do you know your getting this exact MOS?

Wishful thinking most likely, or the recruiter hasn't explained to him how the MOS selection actually works.

I do not believe there is a contract that has the 65XX field by itself (I believe only the Infantry Contract option has 1 MOS 03XX while the others have at least two fields or more).

Though if you do get the 65XX field there only only two possibilities 6531 Aircraft Ordnance Technician and 6541 Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician

ChrisWood311
06-22-09, 09:24 PM
You should try posting this in the Ask A Marine forum, I'm sure they would know more about it than us, especially if you find a Marine with this MOS :D