For those that don't know: <br />
<br />
New corporals course stresses war, not drill <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes - Staff writer <br />
Posted : Monday Jun 1, 2009 12:48:23 EDT <br />
&lt;form id=&quot;hidden&quot;&gt; &lt;input...

jackson07
06-21-09, 03:53 PM
Sending one of my Marines here the start of July.

GIrene
06-21-09, 04:42 PM
Sending one of my Marines here the start of July.
If you can get some feed back I'd highly appreciate it. I'm very curious to this whole thing. If I can go I'm going to.

I'm supposed to get assigned to BCP though my weight has been dropping drastically since we found out I was over. Though thanks to a loophole I'll still be on remedial. All the checklist wants to know is if I meet standards though. So I assume I may/may not need a waiver for the remedial portion. I will certainly be within standards within another week or two.

jackson07
06-22-09, 09:47 AM
Yeah no problem. I will keep everyone informed.

roysh
06-22-09, 10:17 AM
woo... that seems tough

MontezumaCpl
06-23-09, 09:04 PM
Sounds outstanding!!!

GIrene
06-23-09, 09:08 PM
To be honest I was holding off because the whole stringent inspections "Garritrooper" stuff was a turn-off. Granted two things I can excel at are drill and inspections and I know theres a reasoning behind it all (can't expect the best from your Marines if you don't at least try to excel yourself) but I always felt it should be more warfighting oriented after all, Marines are all taught to be leaders and combat leaders especially.

I dunno how the Army trains its non-combat NCOs but thats one thing I respect about the Marine Corps everyone is a rifleman and ALL leaders are taught how to be basic combat leaders too.

As soon as the FY10 classes come out I'm going to try and get into one.

Achped
06-23-09, 11:34 PM
This is such a joke. Same thing as always. Get to shoot a string of 50 rounds on the 240G, the winger's who've never seen an automatic weapon are all giddy and excited and you all learn how to take it apart and put it back together. Awesome.

You crawl over logs, do alot of BS in boots and utes, and the wingers wear their old school 5lb flaks while you've got your MTV that weighs 60lbs on and they wonder why you're falling out.

Its all the same crap made up by some guy behind a desk in Quantico that has absolutely no idea at all about anything. Just like the CFT. I seriously haven't even went or known anyone that's went, just read articles in Hawaii Marine and online and I know exactly what to expect. I've already done it.

And go ahead and try to burn me old salts, I know you love to do that. But do me a favor and if you haven't been in since the introduction of the M16 in Vietnam, don't try to argue with me because I know what the hell I'm talking about.

I was actually looking forward to the old corporals course. They pt'd the **** out of those guys and they were all squared away with their uniforms afterwards. They were **** hot and motivated. This looks like it'll be just like every other BS field training thing I've ever went to, I.E. TSULC.

HurricaneRJ
06-24-09, 12:11 AM
Yeah it's another field op but I do believe it's a good part in making the Marine Corps more oriented in Combat again. Remember a lot of POGs don't get to do the stuff grunts do. I've been asked so many times what was I carrying and POGs wishing they went infantry (they're lucky).

Achped
06-24-09, 12:23 AM
Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm a POG and I do NOT wish I went infantry. In fact, I wish I went Army.

But somehow, like I just mentioned in the chat room, I always get sent to these "Squad leaders course" or "Tactical Small Unit Leaders Course" or some other BS where I'm doing the exact same thing they will do at corporals course. Almost exactly like MCT. And anyone who has been to those things will know exactly what this new corporals course is like and know its going to be a joke.

By the way, how's your deployment going? Half way or so right?