PDA

View Full Version : Gear Question...

Daniel486
06-20-09, 11:55 PM
Hello, I am a wee little 17 year old considering applying for entry into your venerable Corps, but before I do so I have a few questions concerning gear, the most exigent of which must concern my would-be rifle. Most basically, my question is: how extensively is a marine rifleman allowed to modify his equipment? If he or she is to purchase his or her accessories with their own funds, explicitly and exactly what modifications is a marine allowed to make? I have seen plenty of pictures of deployed Marines making use of ACOGs, various PEQ boxes, things of that nature, but let’s say I wanted more than simple rail-mounted accessories, at the least a gas piston kit and shorter barrel for my AR, would that be permissible? I imagine that purchasing my own rifle chambered in 6.8 SPC and tactical accessories galore for it would be totally out of the question, although it is certainly worth asking, as I would actively refuse to enter combat with a rifle I do not believe to be tactically the best, most adventitious option available. And these are just my concerns about my rifle… Presumably my essential tool. I would prefer to make use of other traditionally unorthodox equipment as well. Again, I imagine this is a stupid question, but would I be allowed to wear different BDUs? A different plate carrier? (I’m a sucker for Crye MultiCam)

I would very much appreciate a clarification of the gray area around a Marine’s practical gear. Issues with individual gear are the only issues I have with the Corps, and they are the only issues that would prevent me from joining.Thanks for any information.

Wyoming
06-21-09, 12:11 AM
While you are filling out your profile, I gotta go get my Funk'n Wagnalls and look up a bunch of new words.

sparkie
06-21-09, 12:12 AM
OMG,,,,,, Make a movie, Rambo,,,,,,,,,If the gear stops you,,,,, Stick with Playstation.

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 12:28 AM
:flag:This is a joke right ?

Daniel486
06-21-09, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys. Seriously. Im seeking some experienced, prudent advice here. Im trying to decide what to do with my life, and this is an important factor. Any help to be had or....... just snarky comments?

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 12:30 AM
Thanks guys. Seriously. Im seeking some experienced, prudent advice here. Im trying to decide what to do with my life, and this is an important factor. Any help to be had or....... just snarky comments?

:flag:Spark, Al do you all know anyone who speaks like this ?

Wyoming
06-21-09, 12:33 AM

Would it be to snarky to ask you to fill out your profile?

sparkie
06-21-09, 12:33 AM
If your gear ego is a factor in serving in my Marine Corps,,,,,,Here's your help,,,,,, Your motives suck. What did you expect from us??

Wyoming
06-21-09, 12:37 AM
:flag:Spark, Al do you all know anyone who speaks like this ?

Gunner, I ain't real sure. He thinks he/she wants to join the Marines (You notice I capitalized Marines?), wants to buy his/her own rifle and gussy it all up, plus he/she wants to get and wear hisher own personal choice of utilities.

Having said all that, not only do I not really know what he/she said, but I ain't never heard anyone talk like that except for the time I was in the UK visiting the Tower of London.

Daniel486
06-21-09, 12:40 AM
yeah i suppose i could fill it out. i apologize for my... manner of speaking.. didnt realize that that was an issue. and I will readily admit that my motives suck ass. Im just not prepared to get hit because I didnt have the right **** with me. seems stupid and easily avoidable. but what do I know. Im 17.

HurricaneRJ
06-21-09, 12:45 AM
Best bet, go join the Army Rangers or Airborne. I've seen numerous personal **** on them all the time.

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 12:46 AM
Gunner, I ain't real sure. He thinks he/she wants to join the Marines (You notice I capitalized Marines?), wants to buy his/her own rifle and gussy it all up, plus he/she wants to get and wear hisher own personal choice of utilities.

Having said all that, not only do I not really know what he/she said, but I ain't never heard anyone talk like that except for the time I was in the UK visiting the Tower of London.

:flag:I'm going to refer to it as shim.

sparkie
06-21-09, 12:46 AM
Ok, boy,,,,,, You can wait for your second week of boot,,, and buy a Holo site at the PX before you hit the range. We are geared to win,,, with teeth if necessary. I think your playstation got to you. Keep askin questions,,,,, things will get better. After all, We're just a bunch o vets,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wyoming
06-21-09, 12:53 AM
yeah i suppose i could fill it out. i apologize for my... manner of speaking.. didnt realize that that was an issue. and I will readily admit that my motives suck ass. Im just not prepared to get hit because I didnt have the right **** with me. seems stupid and easily avoidable. but what do I know. Im 17.Seriously, just who the **** are you?

ameriken
06-21-09, 12:54 AM
230+ year history of kicking ass, and now we have a 17 y.o. who's gonna tell the Marine Corps their equipment isn't good enough to fight.

Wyoming
06-21-09, 12:56 AM
Raymon, take over, I'm going to bed.

Can you have this fixed by daylight?

Daniel486
06-21-09, 01:03 AM
hahaha a decent point, ameriken, I'll give you that. But good enough is never good enough. I am not telling you that your equipment is not effective or insufficient. The mere existence of the military industrial complex is telling you that. Big Al, sir, I am a 5'11" young man who enjoys long walks on the beach, cuddling with my dutch girlfriend, and the putrid smell of sulfur after emptying a mag into an Osama target. I think that pretty accurately describes who the **** I am. Sparkie, Hurricane, thanks. and i dont play video games. but, seriously, thanks to some of you for actually giving advice to a little teenybopper such as myself. I realize it must be difficult to bend your neck downwards and speak to me from that high horse of yours.

Wyoming
06-21-09, 01:09 AM
Sparkie, Raymon, when did you two get horses?

I want one!!

By the way there Daniel, I'm a visual type. Can yo post a pix of your dutch girlfriend?

sparkie
06-21-09, 01:10 AM
High horse? Now you did it. Help yourself, and go bleed for some other country. Dumb Fuk,,,,,,, I'm done.

Daniel486
06-21-09, 01:13 AM
clever, al. made me chuckle. sparkie, but who would I fight for? The english? they have bad teeth and Elton John is english. And god knows Im not taking orders from no frenchmen. ze germans? i think Id have to speak german.

stang0480
06-21-09, 03:32 AM

Try, thank you Corporal, or thank you Sergeant, not thanks guys like you've drank beers with us and put rounds down range beside us! ! ! Learn how to address a Marine. Now go back to reading your soldier of fortune magazine and get your jolly's...

thewookie
06-21-09, 06:06 AM
Im just not prepared to get hit because I didnt have the right **** with me.

Right, exactly.:evilgrin: I see this thread's going far.

Phantom Blooper
06-21-09, 06:15 AM
This belongs in Ask A Poolee.......so no Marines have to answer!:evilgrin:

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 08:12 AM
:flag:Raymon was supposed to have this trash unfvcked by the A.M. , WTF ?

Pete0331
06-21-09, 08:20 AM
Poolees and wannabes need to concentrate on the 10 meter target.
Gear is something you can ask your leader about when you hit the fleet.

Right now worry about completing Boot Camp.
If you need a nudge to an Airsoft forum just ask me.

Petz
06-21-09, 08:43 AM
Hey kid, your attitude is something you need to upgrade... not your rifle.

What the hell would you need that's going to make it hit the target better than learning how to shoot the damn thing properly?

proper sight alignment, sight picture... slow stead squeeze... seriously... tell me what you would need to improve that accuracy.

I'm going to tell you one time, check yourself before you respond to me... You want answers you need to ask with respect and your fvcked up responses to the MARINES on this site so far seems to imply you don't want to join, that you just want to pretend you want to be a Marine...

UnFvck yourself kid...

Supersquishy
06-21-09, 08:59 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3827/k213mg.jpg

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 09:03 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3827/k213mg.jpg

:flag:Holy Hostess Cakes Batman ! LMFAO !

Petz
06-21-09, 09:03 AM
no, I think their british....

Pete0331
06-21-09, 10:18 AM
no, I think their british....

That's a pic of Airsoft.

rickthebrowning
06-21-09, 10:54 AM
haha I thought that guy was hilarious. Technically speaking, he doesn't have to do anything anyone here says. Until he signs on that dotted line, he's a civilian and can say and do whatever he wants. But obviously if he expects anyone to spend time answering his questions he should probably shut is manpleaser.

I will say this though, if you ever do join the Corps, I'd suggest losing the smartass attitude though. Don't get me wrong, I acted the same way and didn't take **** from anyone. But some words of advice from someone who's been there and done that: just keep your mouth shut and do as your told, even on this forum. Show respect to everyone you encounter. The better you make yourself look, the better your time in service will be. Trust me, there's a ton of ****bags in the Corps. Hell, I'd guess half of the Marines who replied in this thread alone are ****bags, but killing them with kindness and respect and making them look stupid by out-performing them in every aspect of the Marines is the way to go.

As for modding your gear; don't count on it. I was in infantry and they gave us the bear minimum to get the job done. You'll have your rifle, mags, and some rounds and will be expected to get the job done. If for some strange reason you are given night sights, or anything like that, consider it like christmas.

thewookie
06-21-09, 11:27 AM
shut his manpleaser.

Nice post, Rick, so true...ROFLMAO.

rickthebrowning
06-21-09, 11:45 AM
I'd like to apologize to anyone that was offended by my ****bag comment. A Marine here apparently had a massive bee hive in his vagina and decided to private message me. I'm not posting this apology because of that Marine, just because I didn't want anyone to be confused. I wasn't calling anyone out in particular, just expressing my opinion on what I experienced in the Corps. It's hard to admit, but there were indeed a bunch of Marines who, to me, didn't represent the Marine Corps completely.

That is all.

SGT7477
06-21-09, 12:10 PM
hahaha a decent point, ameriken, I'll give you that. But good enough is never good enough. I am not telling you that your equipment is not effective or insufficient. The mere existence of the military industrial complex is telling you that. Big Al, sir, I am a 5'11" young man who enjoys long walks on the beach, cuddling with my dutch girlfriend, and the putrid smell of sulfur after emptying a mag into an Osama target. I think that pretty accurately describes who the **** I am. Sparkie, Hurricane, thanks. and i dont play video games. but, seriously, thanks to some of you for actually giving advice to a little teenybopper such as myself. I realize it must be difficult to bend your neck downwards and speak to me from that high horse of yours.
Do you play,hide the weine?:flag:

SGT7477
06-21-09, 12:12 PM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3827/k213mg.jpgLMFAO.:D

Wyoming
06-21-09, 03:17 PM
I'd like to apologize to anyone that was offended by my ****bag comment. A Marine here apparently had a massive bee hive in his vagina and decided to private message me. I'm not posting this apology because of that Marine, just because I didn't want anyone to be confused. I wasn't calling anyone out in particular, just expressing my opinion on what I experienced in the Corps. It's hard to admit, but there were indeed a bunch of Marines who, to me, didn't represent the Marine Corps completely.

That is all.

Yeah, I saw your **** bag quote -
there's a ton of ****bags in the Corps. Hell, I'd guess half of the Marines who replied in this thread alone are ****bags, - and to be quite honest, it is offensive.

Since you truly feel that way, then 'man up' and carry yourself to Chesty's Hooch and name names.:mad:

ameriken
06-21-09, 03:24 PM
Since you truly feel that way, then 'man up' and carry yourself to Chesty's Hooch and name names.:mad:
Fvcking-A!!! :thumbup:

Wyoming
06-21-09, 03:26 PM
... and while you are at it, check out your friend Daniels profile, which you have not as of this time, and understand that that is the reason for the type of responses to an otherwise totally unreal thread!

Lisa 23
06-21-09, 03:40 PM
This belongs in Ask A Poolee.......so no Marines have to answer!:evilgrin:
I agree........and I thought "Open Squad Bay" was for MARINES ONLY......to exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers........not for some wannabe, and he/she sure as hell is no Band of Brothers.

ameriken
06-21-09, 03:49 PM
He doesn't even rate being called a wannabe. :evilgrin:

Lisa 23
06-21-09, 05:13 PM
yeah i suppose i could fill it out. i apologize for my... manner of speaking.. didnt realize that that was an issue. and I will readily admit that my motives suck ass. Im just not prepared to get hit because I didnt have the right **** with me. seems stupid and easily avoidable. but what do I know. Im 17.
Try reading the rules first......
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15
Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Daniel486
06-21-09, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses.

marine1967
06-21-09, 05:47 PM
Deciding what to do with your life? Son, the Corps ain't it.:thumbdown

Quinbo
06-22-09, 02:44 AM
http://tresquality.com/user/cimage/LightInfantry.jpg

Pete0331
06-22-09, 04:19 AM
http://tresquality.com/user/cimage/LightInfantry.jpg

No flak jacket and he has an M-4, weak.:marine:

Quinbo
06-22-09, 06:09 AM
Ad a K-mart fall apart goof proof special to that gear load along with flak and sapi plates and you almost got the rambo look the kid is looking for. Would take a crane to get him in the back of a truck though.

UsmcMotorT
06-22-09, 06:50 AM
If you want to wear Crye Multicam then Join the ARMY!