PDA

View Full Version : Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed

jetdawgg
06-20-09, 07:58 PM
UPDATE: A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.

In a highly unusual case, Shane Thomas Davidson was spared jail despite pleading guilty to molesting the boy on State Of Origin night last year.

Judge Ian Dearden told Beenleigh District Court the sentence was reduced because the young victim's father had wrongly taken action into his own hands and badly beaten Davidson.

"There is no place in our community for a vigilante approach," he said.

Davidson was sentenced on Monday to a nine-month intensive corrections order.

The boy's father is awaiting trial on one count of grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Child safety campaigner Hetty Johnston yesterday slammed the sentence for Davidson.

"In this case, they've got it woefully wrong," she said. "What the offender did was totally unnatural."

In handing down his sentence on Monday, Justice Dearden said adult offenders who committed sex offences against children must serve actual jail time – unless exceptional circumstances were found to exist.

"This is one of those rare and exceptional cases," he said. "When an individual takes the matter of punishment into their own hands, the offence committed by the person may be far, far more serious and, therefore, have far more serious consequences then the original offence."

The court was told Davidson was at the child's house at Eagleby in June last year to watch the State of Origin match with the boy's father and a few other people.

After the game, Davidson went into the boy's bedroom and began massaging the child's penis under his clothes.

When the boy woke up, Davidson asked the boy to show him his penis and offered to do the same.

The child refused and went to tell his father what happened.

The man then attacked Davidson, dragging him outside, throwing him on to a concrete path where he struck his head and repeatedly kicking him.

Davidson later underwent extensive facial surgery in the Princess Alexandra Hospital.

Yesterday Davidson told The Courier-Mail he regretted what he had done but didn't think it was something he should go to jail for.

"As far as these sorts of offences go, it's pretty minor," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25651579-952,00.html

OLE SARG
06-21-09, 12:27 PM
The father wouldn't have had this problem if he'd went ahead and killed the fvcking pervert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
06-21-09, 04:29 PM
The father wouldn't have had this problem if he'd went ahead and killed the fvcking pervert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG I agree with you here again brother. Look at all the trouble this guy has now cause an idiot was fondling his son:usmc::sick::mad:

ameriken
06-21-09, 06:08 PM
I AM FVCKING SPEECHLESS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

charm1110
06-21-09, 10:07 PM
I AM FVCKING SPEECHLESS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Same here!!!

ST331
06-21-09, 11:40 PM
UPDATE: A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.

In a highly unusual case, Shane Thomas Davidson was spared jail despite pleading guilty to molesting the boy on State Of Origin night last year.

Judge Ian Dearden told Beenleigh District Court the sentence was reduced because the young victim's father had wrongly taken action into his own hands and badly beaten Davidson.

"There is no place in our community for a vigilante approach," he said.

Davidson was sentenced on Monday to a nine-month intensive corrections order.

The boy's father is awaiting trial on one count of grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Child safety campaigner Hetty Johnston yesterday slammed the sentence for Davidson.

"In this case, they've got it woefully wrong," she said. "What the offender did was totally unnatural."

In handing down his sentence on Monday, Justice Dearden said adult offenders who committed sex offences against children must serve actual jail time – unless exceptional circumstances were found to exist.

"This is one of those rare and exceptional cases," he said. "When an individual takes the matter of punishment into their own hands, the offence committed by the person may be far, far more serious and, therefore, have far more serious consequences then the original offence."

The court was told Davidson was at the child's house at Eagleby in June last year to watch the State of Origin match with the boy's father and a few other people.

After the game, Davidson went into the boy's bedroom and began massaging the child's penis under his clothes.

When the boy woke up, Davidson asked the boy to show him his penis and offered to do the same.

The child refused and went to tell his father what happened.

The man then attacked Davidson, dragging him outside, throwing him on to a concrete path where he struck his head and repeatedly kicking him.

Davidson later underwent extensive facial surgery in the Princess Alexandra Hospital.

Yesterday Davidson told The Courier-Mail he regretted what he had done but didn't think it was something he should go to jail for.

"As far as these sorts of offences go, it's pretty minor," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25651579-952,00.html

As much of a piece of turd that molester is, what the father did was wrong.

ameriken
06-21-09, 11:44 PM
Here's the outrage:

ST331
06-21-09, 11:46 PM
Here's the outrage:

The molster needs to go to jail too.

NoRemorse
06-21-09, 11:57 PM
As much of a piece of turd that molester is, what the father did was wrong.

Apples to oranges. Was his proper course of action to videotape the action and report it to the police?

I agree with Ole Sarge, he should have just outright killed the bastard.

ST331
06-22-09, 12:05 AM
Apples to oranges. Was his proper course of action to videotape the action and report it to the police?

I agree with Ole Sarge, he should have just outright killed the bastard.

Of course he shoudn't have killed him. We call that homicide...hello

The guy that shot Lee Harvey Oswald went to jail too, remember?

I would've beat his ass too if he molested my kid, then I would've dragged his ass to the police station. But beating his ass until he needs "extensive facial surgery" is a different story.

At that point the boy was no longer in danger, so you can't say "he was just protecting his boy"

If he doesn't go to jail, then anybody can take justice into their own hands. If someone slaps my sister in the face, I can just go and break his arm. If someone steals my computer, I can just go and shoot him in the chest.

It doesn't work like that.

ameriken
06-22-09, 12:11 AM
If he doesn't go to jail, then anybody can take justice into their own hands. If someone slaps my sister in the face, I can just go and break his arm. If someone steals my computer, I can just go and shoot him in the chest.

It doesn't work like that.It doesn't work like that in Illinois.

You need a 'make my day' law there to give law-abiding citizens the same rights as criminals.

ST331
06-22-09, 12:16 AM
It doesn't work like that in Illinois.

You need a 'make my day' law there to give law-abiding citizens the same rights as criminals.

Once you beat the living daylights out of someone that he needs facial surgery, even if yoy beat up a pedophile, you're no longer a law abiding citizen.

Either way, the molester needs to go to jail, or else he's going to go on molesting more kids...or maybe he learned his lesson? lol

NoRemorse
06-22-09, 12:22 AM
Of course he shoudn't have killed him. We call that homicide...hello

The guy that shot Lee Harvey Oswald went to jail too, remember?

I would've beat his ass too if he molested my kid, then I would've dragged his ass to the police station. But beating his ass until he needs "extensive facial surgery" is a different story.

At that point the boy was no longer in danger, so you can't say "he was just protecting his boy"

It doesn't work like that.

It doesn't work like that and it doesn't look like you have kids.

As for the boy no longer being in danger, of course he's in danger, he's at higher risk for psychological issues for the rest of his life. He may have been out of immediate danger but how do you pay him any sort of restitution?

The parallels you're drawing are also completely out of context, although I understand the thought process behind them (if this is acceptable here then it will be acceptable here) those aren't index crimes.

Touch my kid and I'll kill you, that's the mentality at work here; for the father in question and myself as well.

ST331
06-22-09, 12:25 AM
It doesn't work like that and it doesn't look like you have kids.

As for the boy no longer being in danger, of course he's in danger, he's at higher risk for psychological issues for the rest of his life. He may have been out of immediate danger but how do you pay him any sort of restitution?

The parallels you're drawing are also completely out of context, although I understand the thought process behind them (if this is acceptable here then it will be acceptable here) those aren't index crimes.

Touch my kid and I'll kill you, that's the mentality at work here; for the father in question and myself as well.

I completely sympathize with the father. But I'm just seeing it from the legal standpoint, and partially playing devil's advocate.

NoRemorse
06-22-09, 12:27 AM
I completely sympathize with the father. But I'm just seeing it from the legal standpoint, and partially playing devil's advocate.

And in either case the boy is without a father and also deprived of his childhood.

ST331
06-22-09, 12:40 AM
And in either case the boy is without a father and also deprived of his childhood.

I know...its terrible :-(

ameriken
06-22-09, 12:44 AM
The fact that the bastard wont do any jail time is no comfort or closure for the boy either. He's gotta live with the additional stress of knowing that fvcker is still out there and still a potential threat.

Fievel
06-22-09, 12:54 AM
The kid got molested by the sick fvcker, then has to watch his dad go to jail for beating the guy's ass? I don't know, I think that in certain circumstances like some sick fvcker is molesting your kids, you should have every right to blow the guy's head off. I already know the counter-argument "Now you're breaking the law for killing the guy." You know what, though, if that law was in effect I guarantee you that the sick bastards will think twice about pulling some sh*t like that.

All I'm saying is if I was on that jury to convict the dad, he would be walking free because I refuse to convict a man of assault when he reacted to someone molesting his kids. If he had shot the guy, he would still be walking free by my standards. What's wrong with the damn justice system ... "let the molester go free. Send the dad to jail for life!" Give me a fvcking break!

NoRemorse
06-22-09, 07:42 AM
The rationale against that would be that you could stipulate that whoever shot the fvcker in the face merely accused the bastard of molesting a child (or whatever crime we'd use in this case) and really just had a vendetta against him.

I'd prefer it be held on a case-by-case basis... you know... like justice.

If the prevailing ideology is what we saw from the judge then I'm going to jail on a murder count, period. I know I'll be making the decision to commit the act but it will be the justice system depriving my family of its patriarch.

Quinbo
06-22-09, 08:11 AM
I can't even contemplate this scenerio but I would like to believe that if it happened in my house my son would be telling people his dad beat the tar out of some freak rubbing his dick. I would hope that would carry over and if it happened to his son we would be sharing the same cell.

Freakin retards endorsing molestation of children by letting offenders go free. Hang the judge in their behalf.

OLE SARG
06-22-09, 07:13 PM
The fault in this case lies with the fvcking court system!!!!!! A fvcking bleeding heart judge who probably needs a good azzwhippin' too!!!!!!! Just like the case in Ohio where the looney toon judge gave a REPEAT molester probation!!!!!! What is the fvcking matter with these dumbazzes (judges)!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

commdog7
06-22-09, 11:18 PM
Well, according to the Bible, an eye for an eye.

Now, molesting the pervert wouldn't do it justice, it might even be more of a reward for the pervert than a punishment. I say they hack off his penis! That seems about fair to me and I'm sure it would send a message to other individuals out there with these molestation desires.

Good thing I'm not a judge though, people wouldn't like me.

Wyoming
06-22-09, 11:22 PM

Now, molesting the pervert wouldn't do it justice, it might even be more of a reward for the pervert than a punishment. I say they hack off his penis! That seems about fair to me and I'm sure it would send a message to other individuals out there with these molestation desires.

I'll give your 1st Mates cap back iffen you promise to never take a knife to my thingy.

Achped
06-22-09, 11:30 PM

Mmmm, I would like you...