PDA

View Full Version : My Brother the Airman

Petz
06-20-09, 07:04 PM
So I was on the phone with him the other day and he started *****ing about how we've been in service the same amount of time and I've always been promoted faster than him (he was E-3 out of basic training)... and he mentioned how he missed promotion by like 23 points for his MOS (that's 23 points on the test... as in written test)

well he bashes the way we get promoted and how easy it is... so I countered him by asking if he knew what all is considered when we are competing against our peers.

I started with something easy, I asked him if he can even finish a Marine Corps PFT... his answer was this "..... Nooo, I couldn't... I don't have time to PT... I have to wake up at 0400 every morning to get to work by 0500 in order to check out the tool truck to make it to the silos on time...."

So I asked him why he doesn't wake up earlier.... " cause my time would start when I PT." as a side note, he works on ICBM as a mechanic so he has lots of restrictions... but that doesn't matter.

so I told him to PT after he works if he still has time to do it....

well I gave him every opportunity to say "yeah, I do that.." but he didn't... not even once.

He gave up saying it's easy to get promoted in the Marine Corps after I brought up PFT standards...

now you have a better idea why it's called the ChairForce...

sparkie
06-20-09, 07:08 PM
I made E5 in 4,,, "course there were a lot of openings at the time,,,,open graves that is. Tell that to the Airdales,,,,,,,,

Zulu 36
06-20-09, 09:03 PM
I don't know about your brother, but my oldest daughter made SSgt (E5) in less than four. She has medical issues from an injury incurred in basic, but still manages to pass her PFTs (in pain, but she passes).

Petz
06-20-09, 11:33 PM
um, poolee question but SSgt ChairForce?

and the serious question is which MOS... I think it's funny how they do promotions in the airforce... but they test by MOS and their promotion slots open up for each MOS just like the Corps... as needed.

not to intentionally defend my brothers MOS and him, but His MOS was reduced a year or two ago and he was allowed to stay in it... making promotions harder to come by...

I think if he actually studied his books he'd have passed the friggin test and gotten promoted this year.

anyhoo.... Semper the Marine Corps exceling beyond the other branches.

echo3oscar1833
06-20-09, 11:39 PM
Curious, have you ever pulled rank on him for the fun of it SSgt:D

sparkie
06-20-09, 11:45 PM
You can't pull rank on the Airdales,,,, It'll just confuse em,,,,,,,

Petz
06-20-09, 11:45 PM
yeah... and he actually said we're both SSgts!!! hahaha, I said it doesn't matter... a captain in the airforce/army/MC won't say to a navy/coast guard captain that they're both captains hench don't have to take orders....

then he tried to say I was in the reserves... so I told him I'll get active duty orders right now if he thinks it's only in the reserves... haha, he shut-up after that.