PDA

View Full Version : M.e.p.s

kimosabi1988
06-19-09, 06:40 PM
I recently met with a recruiter and went to M.E.P.S only to take the asvab and I got a 56, I have not gotten a physical yet though and havn't been to the doc in a while, In high school i tested positive for T.B. on the skin test, but when they did further tests I came up negative and the doc wrote me a letter saying I was okay and did not have T.B.. Also I have been running 3 miles daily, my knees get kinda sore but nothing serious. I want nothing more than to be a Marine. Do you think They will let me Enlist? Is there anything I can do? Thanks. Oh and I want to be a tank crewman if that changes anything.

commdog7
06-19-09, 06:51 PM
That's a long sentence.

Anyways, how the heck so I know if they will let you enlist or not, that's something you need to find out for yourself. Ask your recruiter and go back to MEPS.

SGT7477
06-19-09, 09:49 PM
I recently met with a recruiter and went to M.E.P.S only to take the asvab and I got a 56, I have not gotten a physical yet though and havn't been to the doc in a while, In high school i tested positive for T.B. on the skin test, but when they did further tests I came up negative and the doc wrote me a letter saying I was okay and did not have T.B.. Also I have been running 3 miles daily, my knees get kinda sore but nothing serious. I want nothing more than to be a Marine. Do you think They will let me Enlist? Is there anything I can do? Thanks. Oh and I want to be a tank crewman if that changes anything.
Are you out of wind?:evilgrin:

ecfree
06-19-09, 10:13 PM
kimosabi1988,try doing a few deep knee bends before you run,just to loosen up....it might help.

Petz
06-20-09, 12:28 PM
and then do what Commdog advised.

when did Poolees become so terrified to ask the recruiter questions?

they should be their only resource for THEIR personal enlistment issues.

come here if you feel you are being lied to or otherwise hoodwinked.

Don't come here because you aren't sure if a false pos on a TB test will prevent you from joining (you probably wore a long sleeve shirt and pushed the bubble)...

kimosabi1988
06-20-09, 12:34 PM
No sir, Not at all winded, My conditioning is great! I asked my recruiter and he said we will have to find out at M.E.P.S., but I was hoping that someone here might have some answers. Thanks for the help.

Petz
06-20-09, 12:48 PM
why would we have any idea about your full medical history and how it relates to you getting into the military?

kimosabi1988
06-20-09, 01:36 PM
You wouldnt sir. Just figured someone here might have had a similar experience, guess not. Thanks again

Petz
06-20-09, 01:39 PM
then ask as much.