PDA

View Full Version : Back from PI!!

Cuelocks
07-21-03, 08:01 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I graduated from PI on Friday, 18 July. Definately one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life but the most rewarding by far. To everyone that helped me out before I left (JChristin, SuperDave, etc.)...thanks for all the insight. Proud to say that I'm apart of the finest fighting force in the world...the United States Marines! Oh, does anyone know how I can add/display my rank on my profile? For some reason when I edited my profile it wouldn't let me or there was no space for it. Take care...Semper Fi! OOOOoRah!

PFC Andersen :marine:

thedrifter
07-21-03, 08:05 AM
Congradulations Marine!!!!!

So now when do we see your bootcamp pic...:D

under user cp click on edit options....
on the bottom you will see avatars...click on more info....choose your rank...
then click on submit modifications.....

Sempers,

Roger

yellowwing
07-21-03, 08:09 AM
Congtaulations Marine!

Cuelocks
07-21-03, 08:19 AM
Thanks! Its the greatest feeling in the world to be called a Marine...a feeling that no one else can understand unless they've been through it too. The other day I was in a Wal-Mart somewhere in North Carolina in uniform because I'd just gotten off the Island and a Corporal came up from behind me and said "hey there devildog!" I immediately turned around and realized he was referring to me. Dang, I'm a devildog now, still hasn't set in yet. Anyway...does anyone have any advice about MCT? Please share away...until next time...Semper Fi!

PCF Andersen

JAMarine
07-21-03, 08:25 AM
Fi Brother.

Super Dave
07-21-03, 08:26 AM
Semper Fi and welcome!
Wear the title proud and you have accomplished something that MANY are afraid to even attempt. Only the ones that are brave enough to face it will understand the feeling of pride that we will always feel.

Patrick8605
07-21-03, 12:26 PM
Congrats man!!!

22DevilPup87
07-21-03, 05:20 PM
Congratulations, Marine!

Cuelocks
07-21-03, 05:44 PM
JAMarine,
I can say "Fi Brother" to you...and you can say "Fi Sister" to me :D Glad to be apart of the Brother/Sisterhood! :marine:

futuremarine86
07-21-03, 09:11 PM
Congratulations, MARINE!

Semper Fi,
Matt

TJR1070
07-22-03, 10:05 AM
Congratulations Marine!

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

CrazyBrave83
07-22-03, 07:56 PM
Congrats, Devildog. Hopefully will be wearing the EGA soon! I have a question, seeing that you're a PFC...how'd you end up getting the stripe straight from boot? Was it because of referals or college credits? or was it from working your a** off at boot? if it was the second, what exactly do you really have to do at boot to get a PFC? I'm just curious.

Thanks, Bravo, and Godbless.

-Poolee Sullivan

JChristin
07-22-03, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Cuelocks
I just wanted to let everyone know that I graduated from PI on Friday, 18 July. Definately one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life but the most rewarding by far.

Hey Marine,

Welcome aboard as a Marine! It will never be the same for you - never. I live in the neighborhood where I grew up. I work out at the same gym as I did as a kid. People all around, still to this day, point me out as a Marine. Even now, in my early 40's, people still make sure others know. It may not be like that for male Marines - I don't know, but it sure can be for us women Marines. At my gym , all of us Marines will sometimes crowd around with each others, non-Marines never try to join us. We're a different breed of people. We may not like everyone in the Marine Corps, but we are family and I will go to any length for any Marine I know.

I am so proud of you. You noticed the number of women who dropped out at the start of boot. You didn't. You stayed the course. It's hard - it was the hardest thing I ever did. It's meant to be hard. That is where the value is found. Now you know. I am so happy for you. A new sister Marine is born!

Legals. ooooooh raH! I was 4211. Fantastic MOS.

Remember, as women Marines, we are the cream of the crop. Pay attention, demonstrate your seriousiness to duty and schooling, don't get involved with the "flirting - I'm easy" gang. Stay the course and dividends will arrive at your hatch daily - in the long term.

So proud of you, my Sister Marine! Feels good to take a long bath again - doesn't it!

semper fi,
jchristin:marine:

ktriplett
07-22-03, 10:32 PM
Congratulations!! Isn't it the best feeling?

firstsgtmike
07-23-03, 02:39 AM
cuelocks,

You can start paying your dues.

I expect to see posts from you in the poolee forums, a Marine telling the poolees and wannabees about her experiences and thoughts before, during, and after her time at PI.

As we were and are here for you, you must be here for them.

That's what makes Marines special.

Semper Fi, Marine

Sixguns
07-23-03, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the brotherhood!!!

Wear your colors proudly.

Semper Fi,

SIXGUNS

Cuelocks
07-23-03, 09:58 AM
Aye FirstSgt. I do owe it to the next bunch of recruits planning to leave to give them the insight that I recieved. We did have some crazys in our platoon that tried to kill themselves or one girl tried to run out of the hatch during rack time...but I always thought to myself "the fastest way off the Island is to graduate." Even though there were so many days when I felt like I didn't want to do it anymore...you just tell yourself "just make it to the next chow time." And you do, you make it to the next chow and the next chow, etc. Then you get up the next morning and do it all over again. Its hard to be treated like sh*t everyday and to be counted down with everything you do...or to get back and do it again, or to be louder when you felt like you screamed so hard your veins were gonna pop. But when you get to the end and you graduate...it is the best feeling in the entire world...can't even describe it. Suddenly all the sounding off, all the getting back, all the quarterdecking, all the sweat and pain...etc. its all worth it...all of it!
JChristin, thanks for being proud of me...I intend to work hard to carry on a legacy of females Marines that are dedicated and serious. I know what you are talking about with the girls that flirt...I saw it even in bootcamp. Our whole platoon got pitted and quarterdecked for a few girls that wanted to chat with the male recruits in church. I wanted to punch those girls, but even though there were some that I didn't like...there came a point when I realized that if someone ever tried to mess with them in the outside world, I'd have their back in a second. Thats when I think you wake up and recognize the family that the Marine Corps really is. Its hard for me to explain this to people that are not Marines.
Poolee Sullivan, I was a guaranteed PFC before I left for bootcamp because I had college credits (its called a chevron, not a stripe). You only need 15 college credits to be a PFC. There were a few people in my platoon that were meritoriously promoted to PFC before the end of bootcamp. To be promoted like that you have to be a recruit that stands out in a positive way. The recruits that were promoted generally volunteered a lot and demonstrated that they were dependable by carrying out tasks completely and doing a good job, they had good common sense, they were motivators and helped other recruits out. Generally they were unselfish and would put the other recruits ahead of themselves. It was obvious that they pushed themselves in PT. Pretty much they were good, well rounded recruits. The honor grad. in our platoon was promoted to a Lance Corporal because she came in as a guaranteed PFC. So if you make honor grad. in your platoon and you come in as a PFC then you could be a LNCPL too. Push yourself in bootcamp. I wish that I had pushed myself more than I did. My goal in bootcamp was to make it through so I didn't really volunteer for stuff as much as I could've...I was the recruit that didn't really stand out...I never did anything wrong, I was always on line when I was supposed to be, etc. Its not a bad thing and I was a good recruit but I know I could've been better. Hey feel free to ask as many questions as you want to. I'm fresh out of recruit training so I can tell you exactly what its gonna be like. I'm leaving on Monday for MCT in North Carolina so I'll try to answer back before I leave.
Take care and Semper Fi to all my fellow Marines!

firstsgtmike
07-23-03, 10:53 AM
PFC Anderson, (Cuelocks)

"but even though there were some that I didn't like...there came a point when I realized that if someone ever tried to mess with them in the outside world, I'd have their back in a second. Thats when I think you wake up and recognize the family that the Marine Corps really is. Its hard for me to explain this to people that are not Marines."

If you ever learn how to explain Semper Fi to a civilian, please teach ME!

Red Dragon
07-23-03, 03:06 PM
Congrats on your graduating from Boot Camp. Welcome to the Brother/Sister Hood. You have earned the title of United States Marine, wear it Proudly. You have passed you first major hurtley, there will be many more down the road, take each one as they come, remembering that you are a Marine.

Do what your heart tells you, don't listen to the Sea Lawyers and BS artists that you will run into and have already ssen and heard from them.

Congrats Again and Semper Fi,

Red Dragon aka HL

leroy8541
07-23-03, 09:30 PM
Semper Fi PFC, congratulation, and welcome to the Corps. OOOORAH ,Job well done, now keep up the hard work.