PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from MEPS

Eldridge0311
06-17-09, 06:55 PM
I took the ASVAB yesterday scores are AFQT-77 MM-119 GT-117 EL-124 CL-117. I think I did pretty decent and am happy with results.

But I'm not sure how everyone else felt about the MEPS portion with the physical and scanning fingers and answering questions all day, but I freaking loved it. Especially swearing in I was smiling ear to ear the whole time. "Eldridge what's wrong with you", "nothing Sir just really excited".

Of course it helps the Moto when your the only Marine Enlisty for 60 people.

chadhertz
06-17-09, 07:32 PM
Congrats man. I'm heading up myself Sunday and Monday. I'm ****ed because I guess now I can't swear in until july 1st. Apparently all the spots for the month at my Recruiters office are full. :mad:

Eldridge0311
06-17-09, 07:41 PM
That's horrible man. But your still 16 right?

*editing*

Sorry I didn't look at your month and day born. But ya i was the last one this month able to DEP and swear in :/ though that's what my recruiter said

thiscalling
06-17-09, 07:55 PM
Yeah same thing at my RS, practically nobody can enlist it's all been filled.

chadhertz
06-17-09, 08:05 PM
yeah I'm just going to go up and get all my physicals and stuff done. Then July 1st I'll head up again to finish:). No big deal, I've waited like 8 years two weeks won't make a difference lol.

JasonFMX
06-17-09, 08:10 PM
60 people and your the only one going for the Marine Corps? ...wow. I think when I swore in there weren't many now that I think of it..... I think there were more than one though. Yeah, I know there was...but not many though. Most of course were for the Army. Army has a big appetite. They gotta keep those 1 million bodies strong.

Eldridge0311
06-17-09, 08:16 PM
60 people and your the only one going for the Marine Corps? ...wow. I think when I swore in there weren't many now that I think of it..... I think there were more than one though. Yeah, I know there was...but not many though. Most of course were for the Army. Army has a big appetite. They gotta keep those 1 million bodies strong.

Ha ya I asked most of the Army guys and gals taking the ASVAB with me when there ship date was and they all told me like August or early Sept. I was a tad jealous but then I thought to my self I am going to be apart of the Few and the Proud not the others it made me feel better :D.

But yes i was The only one JasonFMX

Eldridge0311
06-17-09, 08:19 PM
yeah I'm just going to go up and get all my physicals and stuff done. Then July 1st I'll head up again to finish:). No big deal, I've waited like 8 years two weeks won't make a difference lol.

Have fun during your physical man, I enjoyed all of it, even though you'll have to bend and spread your cheeks, if you have an awesome group of guys with you doing the "duck walk" part it'll be pretty funny actually.

Hartford
06-17-09, 08:21 PM
When I went there were only 2 others enlisting in the Marine Corps with mostly everyone else doing Army and then a few in AF or Navy.

JasonFMX
06-17-09, 10:13 PM
Yeah that's not all that unheard of...the Air Force, Navy, aren't all that much larger than the Marine Corps. The Navy has like 330,000+ or so I believe. The Air Force, I'm not sure, but its a relative number. And the Marine Corps is something like 200,000 or so. The Coast Guard is much much less. They don't even have as many recruiting stations. However, the Army is 1,000,000+

It still surprises me that you were the only 1....thats crazy. I would have figured like 5 or so, but 1...wow.

Congratulations on everything by the way. I'd love to do it all over again.

Eldridge0311
06-18-09, 10:47 AM
Congratulations on everything by the way. I'd love to do it all over again.

Thanks for the support Jason.

JWG
06-18-09, 12:50 PM
Congratulations, bro. My experience was the exact opposite Marine DEP'ees wise. We had the majority over the other branches.

Eldridge0311
06-18-09, 01:11 PM
Congratulations, bro. My experience was the exact opposite Marine DEP'ees wise. We had the majority over the other branches.

I am not sure which would be the better the only one or the majority. :/ But either way it's kick ass. When are you shipping JWG?

razbo0125
06-18-09, 11:14 PM
I got my DEP date changed due to a large amount of seniors failing, so they might be opening up more slots. Hope the Best for you all.

Gnetics
06-19-09, 06:42 AM
From what I have heard from Master Sergeant the Sept Ship date has been cancelled. Ill get more info tommorow as I was supposed to leave first week of sept, so well see how it goes.

SeanRyan32
06-19-09, 10:57 AM
When I went, there were 4 Marines and only one Navy guy. Correction...only one Navy guy that was willing to say he was going Navy. lol

Eldridge0311
06-19-09, 11:18 AM
When I went, there were 4 Marines and only one Navy guy. Correction...only one Navy guy that was willing to say he was going Navy. lol

Ha that's funny. How many people were at your MEPS?

SeanRyan32
06-19-09, 11:38 AM
Ha that's funny. How many people were at your MEPS?

There was a full house. Mostly Army. Probably about 40 of them. That was for the Physical, though. The ASVAB had 60+ people, but I didn't talk to any of them.

Eldridge0311
06-19-09, 12:05 PM
There was a full house. Mostly Army. Probably about 40 of them. That was for the Physical, though. The ASVAB had 60+ people, but I didn't talk to any of them.

Ya most of the people at mine were Army for both physical and ASVAB, a lot of cool people though.

MarinesFTW
06-19-09, 07:34 PM

Same here, but then again all the Army Strong boys and gals were shipping that day, there were 5 of us signing for the Marine Corps a few OCS and a few Army and one National Guard. It was preaty fun one guy going for OCS was a SSgt. in the Army. He did something with recon or what ever the hell the Army calls it lol.

martinj
06-19-09, 11:13 PM
Same here, but then again all the Army Strong boys and gals were shipping that day, there were 5 of us signing for the Marine Corps a few OCS and a few Army and one National Guard. It was preaty fun one guy going for OCS was a SSgt. in the Army. He did something with recon or what ever the hell the Army calls it lol.

You know i could of swore that when you first made an account on here it said to not use anything in your username that said Marine, Semper Fi, or Oorah in it. I guess either you think your too hardass to follow the rules, or you just are mentally defective against following rules. Im sorry it just bugs the hell outta me when people can not follow simple instructions.

JWG
06-20-09, 07:35 PM
I am not sure which would be the better the only one or the majority. :/ But either way it's kick ass. When are you shipping JWG?

Well it's been a trend from all the poolees and recruiters I've talked to in this area lately. The Marine Corps is expanding, especially and probably due to the recession, economic times, etc.

I don't ship until June 1st, 2010. I DEP'd earliest possible date and a "Rising Senior." Going to be in the DEP for over a year. Good to go. Enjoying my last year with close friends and family. Just looking to have a good time and make memories before I'm off to serve the Country and Corps. Get some! :evilgrin:

Eldridge0311
06-20-09, 07:54 PM
Well it's been a trend from all the poolees and recruiters I've talked to in this area lately. The Marine Corps is expanding, especially and probably due to the recession, economic times, etc.

I don't ship until June 1st, 2010. I DEP'd earliest possible date and a "Rising Senior." Going to be in the DEP for over a year. Good to go. Enjoying my last year with close friends and family. Just looking to have a good time and make memories before I'm off to serve the Country and Corps. Get some! :evilgrin:

Right on JWG i agree with you. I don't ship till January 18th so kinda a bummer :/ but I get to spend more time with everyone I care about :D

Gunner614
06-20-09, 08:55 PM
You know i could of swore that when you first made an account on here it said to not use anything in your username that said Marine, Semper Fi, or Oorah in it. I guess either you think your too hardass to follow the rules, or you just are mentally defective against following rules. Im sorry it just bugs the hell outta me when people can not follow simple instructions.

He has over 200 posts on this site. If it were really a problem, a Marine would have told him to change his name by now.

Gunner614
06-20-09, 08:59 PM
For my 13 hour day at MEPS, it was mostly Navy guys and some Army sprinkled around. For the Marines it was me and 2 girls. It was a good day:thumbup:

Eldridge0311
06-20-09, 09:29 PM
For my 13 hour day at MEPS, it was mostly Navy guys and some Army sprinkled around. For the Marines it was me and 2 girls. It was a good day:thumbup:

What were the girls like? attractive or butchy?

Gunner614
06-20-09, 09:31 PM
What were the girls like? attractive or butchy?

One was cute but really skinny and the other one was a butterface. But for MEPS girls they were not that bad.

MarinesFTW
06-20-09, 11:34 PM
He has over 200 posts on this site. If it were really a problem, a Marine would have told him to change his name by now.

EXACTLY, please tell me where in the rules you cant have it in your user name. Poolees, and wannabes, are not aloud to say those words and that Marine is to always spelt with M not a m. Please read the rules and not make yourself look like such a dumb ass acting cool when he has less then 20 post. PLUS I've been here for over a year, think next time. You could always go to http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048 and RE-READ the rules, sence you did such a great job in the first place. People who cant read and try to ask like a smart ass, just bugs the hell out of me!

ChrisWood311
06-21-09, 04:17 AM
EXACTLY, please tell me where in the rules you cant have it in your user name. Poolees, and wannabes, are not aloud to say those words and that Marine is to always spelt with M not a m. Please read the rules and not make yourself look like such a dumb ass acting cool when he has less then 20 post. PLUS I've been here for over a year, think next time. You could always go to http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048 and RE-READ the rules, sence you did such a great job in the first place. People who cant read and try to ask like a smart ass, just bugs the hell out of me!
Yeah, you may have been on the site for a year, but if you're not shipping out for another year, we dont give a sh!t ;)

ChrisWood311
06-21-09, 04:24 AM
I remember reading that same rule. I apologize for not finding the link to shove in your face.

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 09:38 AM
Come on guys your acting kinda immature. His name is perfectly fine, he isnt saying that he is a Marine or anything bad about them. He is actually saying Marines for the win....

Now seriously think, I understand if his name said something like Sniper or that he was a Marine but it doesn't; and you would think since he had been on here for over a year... that a Real Marine would have said something if it was a problem :/.

So let us all stop arguing, come on were all Poolees and all "hopefully" going to be apart of the Greatest fighting force in the United States. You need to focus more on your IST or your memorizations than if his name is fit or not.

:bunny:

sbombard15
06-21-09, 10:30 AM
Come on guys your acting kinda immature. His name is perfectly fine, he isnt saying that he is a Marine or anything bad about them. He is actually saying Marines for the win....

Now seriously think, I understand if his name said something like Sniper or that he was a Marine but it doesn't; and you would think since he had been on here for over a year... that a Real Marine would have said something if it was a problem :/.

So let us all stop arguing, come on were all Poolees and all "hopefully" going to be apart of the Greatest fighting force in the United States. You need to focus more on your IST or your memorizations than if his name is fit or not.

:bunny:

Well said:thumbup:

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 10:42 AM
Yeah, you may have been on the site for a year, but if you're not shipping out for another year, we dont give a sh!t ;)

Your shipping in november and can still only do 3 pulls ups, looks like you need more then a year to get ready.

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 10:49 AM
Hell sence you are to lazy to open the page I provided to explain how STUPID YOU ARE I'll even post it for you. (You wonder why the Marines get ****ed and now no longer can post here?) Nice try now this is done and over with anyone who tries to prove me wrong you better have proof which, doens't exist.

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 10:55 AM
Hell sence you are to lazy to open the page I provided to explain how STUPID YOU ARE I'll even post it for you. (You wonder why the Marines get ****ed and now no longer can post here?) Nice try now this is done and over with anyone who tries to prove me wrong you better have proof which, doesn't exist.

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

MarinesFTW you need to calm down, fighting and arguing with a fellow Poolee is ridiculous especially when he has been told by numerous people already; you included that he is wrong. He knows he was wrong so don't worry.

Your name is fit or an admin or a Marine would have told you to change it, it was his mistake and he knows it.

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 11:03 AM
Yes I know, but I hate not proving my point.

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 11:07 AM
Yes I know, but I hate not proving my point.

As do I my friend, but with the help of your fellow future comrades we made your point together.

JWG
06-21-09, 11:32 AM
Everyone shut the hell up. You're just making a bad name for the poolee's of the USMC on this web site. They don't HAVE to provide this area of the forum for us trash. So let's try and keep our STINK down so we don't attract too many flies.

Go run, PT, or play with yourself. Just quit giving us a bad name.

sbombard15
06-21-09, 11:58 AM
We all know who is right in this argument so lets all move on before the Marines get involved.

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 12:08 PM
We all know who is right in this argument so lets all move on before the Marines get involved.
Marines can no longer post in this thread right now, were on our own.

Gunner614
06-21-09, 12:23 PM
This is stupid arguement.

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 02:08 PM
Marines can no longer post in this thread right now, were on our own.

Wait why?

ChrisWood311
06-21-09, 03:23 PM
I think on our own is a very loose way to say it lol.
You know Staff Sergeant Nelson is watching everything we do..
And MarinesFTW, no hard feelings man. I was just saying what I recalled. Agree to disagree, good luck with your year in the DEP. Its a blast :D

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 04:34 PM
I think on our own is a very loose way to say it lol.
You know Staff Sergeant Nelson is watching everything we do..
And MarinesFTW, no hard feelings man. I was just saying what I recalled. Agree to disagree, good luck with your year in the DEP. Its a blast :D

Hey thanks, but really I've been preaty much DEPed for a year. Ive been going to poolee functions sence last June lol, and the recruiters STILL cant say my last name.

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 05:21 PM
Wait why?

They were getting to ****ed off at kids who acted hardcore, who never filled out there profile, and who back talked the Marines, and acted like 3 year old ****s!

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 05:49 PM
They were getting to ****ed off at kids who acted hardcore, who never filled out there profile, and who back talked the Marines, and acted like 3 year old ****s!

Damn man. When are they going to come back?

martinj
06-21-09, 05:56 PM
Hell sence you are to lazy to open the page I provided to explain how STUPID YOU ARE I'll even post it for you. (You wonder why the Marines get ****ed and now no longer can post here?) Nice try now this is done and over with anyone who tries to prove me wrong you better have proof which, doens't exist.

Since your sitting on your high horse, im going to bring you down a notch instead of letting it go.
This was at the very top of the page when you created an account:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Important Notice</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
DO NOT USE USMC, Marine, Marine Corps, Semper Fi in your username! You are not a Marine yet and have not earned that right.

So please stop saying **** to people, you are wrong admit it. If you dont believe me ask an admin.
And by the way dont comment on people and how many pullups they can do, you make yourself sound like an idiot. I just want you to look at your profile picture and tell me how RETARDED you are.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MarinesFTW
06-21-09, 06:18 PM
Since your sitting on your high horse, im going to bring you down a notch instead of letting it go.
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Important Notice</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
DO NOT USE USMC, Marine, Marine Corps, Semper Fi in your username! You are not a Marine yet and have not earned that right.

So please stop saying **** to people, you are wrong admit it. If you dont believe me ask an admin.
And by the way dont comment on people and how many pullups they can do, you make yourself sound like an idiot. I just want you to look at your profile picture and tell me how RETARDED you are.

Ok, thank you for showing where the hell you got it from, but remeber, I made an account over a year ago, rules change. As stated before if it was EVER A DAMN PROBLEM I would of been told by a mod and it would of already been changed. That profile picture is from when I was 14, and yes I know its retarded but its the only picture on my computer. Got a problem with it? STOP LOOKING AT IT!

EDIT: Ill go out of my way upload a picture and put it as my profile picture just to make you happy :)

Gunner614
06-21-09, 07:52 PM
<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Important Notice</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>

Your trying to prove a point that has no fvcking relevence anymore. Stop trying to keep this arguement going.

Eldridge0311
06-21-09, 07:57 PM
Your trying to prove a point that has no fvcking relevence anymore. Stop trying to keep this arguement going.

I know seriously Martin1 if you clearly took the time to read the whole thread you would see this is settled.

SOOOO Shut the FVCK up about it