PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Regulations

runnerboy4life
06-16-09, 02:33 PM
I was curious as to what are the requirements of riding a motorcycle as a Marine? I understand that there are regulations that must be followed when on base and off, but not sure what those are.

I have my permit only right now but will expire by the time I hit Fleet. Would it be better to get my endorsement or wait since I've been told that there are classes that I must take regardless? Thanks!

KawiGunny
06-16-09, 02:57 PM
Have you been to a Motorcycle Safety course? If not, you have to at least take the Basic Riders Course. If you can take it prior to bootcamp, take it and upgrade your permit. If not, it is offered on base. You must attend the Basic Riders course before you are authorized to operate a motorcycle and to get it registered on base.

runnerboy4life
06-16-09, 03:02 PM
No, I haven't taken the safety course. I was going to, but the courses this summer are all filled up where I live. I did not register soon enough. I'll have to take the course on base than.

Lisa 23
06-16-09, 03:04 PM
My opinion......worry about getting through Boot Camp first, then hopefully, when you EARN the title, you can worry about motorcycle regulations.