PDA

View Full Version : Who's shipping June 22? Any females?

introspect
06-16-09, 07:54 AM
Haven't seen any threads of poolees shipping June 22.
I'm a female going to Parris Island. Who's coming too?

I'm so excited it's getting closer... :evilgrin:

Lisa 23
06-17-09, 03:45 PM
Be prepared for the hot heat and high humidity! It's been in the mid to high 90's now and also black flag time. I only this because my nephew is currently at PI and has been there for 2 weeks.
And best of luck to you!

introspect
06-17-09, 05:52 PM
Thanks I appreciated, just have to stay hydrated. One Marine told me today to keep drinking water even if you're sick of the taste of it, just keep going lol.

Nobody else is shipping out this Monday? :O!

jb305
06-17-09, 07:13 PM
Gl :)

Pete0331
06-17-09, 07:34 PM
Thanks I appreciated, just have to stay hydrated. One Marine told me today to keep drinking water even if you're sick of the taste of it, just keep going lol.

Be careful.
You can over hydrate your body.

When water goes out (****ing, sweating) you put water back in.
You need to drink enough water to be ****ing clear 2 times a day at the minimum.

Lisa 23
06-17-09, 08:15 PM
This is a "weather alert" I got for the Beaufort, SC area........

http://images.usatoday.com/weather/_common/_images/weather-alert-big.gif

/O.NEW.KCHS.HT.Y.0001.090618T1500Z - 090619T0100Z/ JENKINS - SCREVEN - CANDLER - BULLOCH - EFFINGHAM - TATTNALL - EVANS - INLAND BRYAN - INLAND CHATHAM - LONG - INLAND LIBERTY - INLAND MCINTOSH - ALLENDALE - HAMPTON - INLAND JASPER - BEAUFORT - COASTAL JASPER - INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MILLEN...SYLVANIA...METTER... STATESBORO...SPRINGFIELD...REIDSVILLE...CLAXTON... PEMBROKE... SAVANNAH...LUDOWICI...HINESVILLE...TOWNSEND...ALLE NDALE... HAMPTON...RIDGELAND...BEAUFORT...HILTON HEAD...JASPER 416 PM EDT WED JUN 17 2009

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM EDT THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHARLESTON HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM EDT THURSDAY.

THURSDAY...HIGH TEMPERATURES APPROACHING 100 DEGREES WILL COMBINE WITH HUMID CONDITIONS TO CREATE A FEW HOURS OF HEAT INDICES 105 TO 109 DEGREES...ESPECIALLY DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF VERY HOT TEMPERATURES CAN BE EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY WILL CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY OUT OF DIRECT SUNSHINE... CHECK UP ON THE ELDERLY AND STAY IN AN AIR CONDITIONED LOCATION IF POSSIBLE.

So......those of you going to PI in the next few weeks, be prepared for hot and humid weather....and stay hydrated before you go, just don't over hydrate yourselves.
Best of luck to all of you poolees that are going to PI in the next few weeks! :thumbup:

Hartford
06-17-09, 08:23 PM
This is when I'm glad I'll be going to sunny/dry San Diego. I can't stand humidity it's horrible.

chadhertz
06-17-09, 08:36 PM
This is when I'm glad I'll be going to sunny/dry San Diego. I can't stand humidity it's horrible.

Same here lol. I don't mind the heat, I live in Lake Havasu where it gets up to 125 degrees sometimes in the summer. It's the humidity I'd be scared of!

JasonFMX
06-17-09, 10:17 PM
I live in Pennsylvania, it gets really humid here in the Summer. Yesterday was so bad that the mountains just a few miles away were surrounded in a white haze. I was at the shooting range and when I would look through my scope it was all foggy through the lenses. It was actually kind of hard to see my target at the 300 yard mark.

Mac10804
06-17-09, 10:42 PM
Yeah I ship June 22 too. I live in North Carolina so hopefully it wont be much different weather wise.

JMReynolds111
06-18-09, 07:34 PM
Shipping June 22 as well.

ColdBlooded
06-18-09, 07:59 PM
You should be excited about training in the places you don't feel comfortable in. Boot Camp isn't a comfort zone for you, It's a training place to make you one of us. Peace out and hope for tough training.

introspect
06-19-09, 01:15 PM
Yes the humidity down here in Florida can get pretty bad but I'm pretty sure it doesn't compare. Maybe I'll see you guys at MEPS I'll be te extremely short girl lol.